Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear NPCs

Any chance of any of the new NPCs from Siege of Dragonspear being added to BG2 at some point (officially)?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    This is highly unlikely.

But I'm sure there will be mods, just as there are mods to bring some of the BG1 NPCs to BG2.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

This is highly unlikely.

But I'm sure there will be mods, just as there are mods to bring some of the BG1 NPCs to BG2.

Can't find it just yet, but Beamdog did say that, if some of the SoD NPC were popular enough, they would be ported to BG2. That might take a loooooong while though
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it would not be an expansion. it would be a patch.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    They say much. I remember talk of more BG2 NPCs down the line, too. And they're nowhere in sight. It's not going to happen, officially.

Mods will, though. For sure.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    well I really liked seige of dragonspear as you can tell from the post i made about it (if you could pass it onto the other developers i'd like them to read it :smile: ) and i would really like the other characters to be in BG2:EE especially corwin as i would like to see where that romance went.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320

Arunsun said:

Beamdog did say that, if some of the SoD NPC were popular enough, they would be ported to BG2.

We did, and I'll say it again. Corwin, Glint, M'Khiin, and/or Voghiln appearing in BG2EE is contingent on Siege being successful and player demand being clear. If you like these guys, let Beamdog know, let WotC know, let your friends know, and, though it won't really help get them into BG2EE, I'd take it as a personal favour if you let me know, because it's always nice to learn somebody likes something you had a big hand in creating.

(Even if they don't end up officially in BG2EE, I look forward to seeing what modders do with them.)
    I for one would love to see them all come to BG2EE. Maybe even the hidden NPC... ;)

• GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

Arunsun said:

Beamdog did say that, if some of the SoD NPC were popular enough, they would be ported to BG2.

We did, and I'll say it again. Corwin, Glint, M'Khiin, and/or Voghiln appearing in BG2EE is contingent on Siege being successful and player demand being clear. If you like these guys, let Beamdog know, let WotC know, let your friends know, and, though it won't really help get them into BG2EE, I'd take it as a personal favour if you let me know, because it's always nice to learn somebody likes something you had a big hand in creating.

(Even if they don't end up officially in BG2EE, I look forward to seeing what modders do with them.)
    *banging fists on table* M'KHIIN IN BG2!!! M'KHIIN IN BG2!!!

For real though, I would love to see all of them. But especially M'Khiin and Corwin. And especially M'Khiin!
  • ToronadoToronado Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2016
    Really enjoyed SoD and all the characters (old and new). I hope Corwin and M'kiin make it to BG2 at some point.

Corwin has a lot of awesome story potential even though my main character's initial reaction to her in BG2 would probably be "Get back, woman!"

Caelar Argent would be great too. Since she would be a former antagonist she'd be similar to Sarevok but they're different enough that I think it would still work.

I would love for some new BG2 content at some point. I know that an expansion like SoD would be difficult to do because of plot issues but DLC in the form of "Tales of the Sword Coast" would be perfect. New quests that don't interfere with the main plot, new characters, new dialogue from classic characters...it would work, right?

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Member Posts: 3
    I'd definitely like to see Corwin make a return. Her story seems pretty well set up for it.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Yes the demand is there. Give me new NPCs and I'll give you money
  • SparrowJacekSparrowJacek Member Posts: 17
    I'd love to see Corwin in BG2EE! That last moment when I saw her really got me and I want to know her story from then on.

Second character that could make the game better IMO is Voghiln. His banters are priceless! Especially the one with Neera, I was literally rolling on the floor then!

NPCs make the game so much better, their interaction with the protagonist and each other adds some magic to the game. I'd be extremely happy to see those 2 being brought to BG2EE with their own dialogues and voices!
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    I would gladly pay for this.

@AndrewFoley, tell all your coworkers that, on the topic of SoD companions coming to BG2EE, I say:

• GhavGrimGhavGrim Member Posts: 35
    I'd like to be able to find Caelar in Hell in ToB. I imagine she'd have levelled up some performing guard duty meantime.

Perhaps she could chunk Sarevok to earn her place in the team?

Kudos on M'Kiin, btw. Didnt fit my party balance, but I ran with the shaman anyway for a while to check out the content. Good character.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

I'll ask again: tell Beamdog how? Tell WotC how? Is there a form to fill out? A survey? An address for feedback specifically to do with SoD? Do we go to dnd.wizards.com and just click randomly until M'Khiin's face appears?

If this is something that can actually happen, and isn't just a boilerplate response, then drumming up actual support needs a little more detail and a lot more organization. No point in creating false expectations otherwise.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @AndrewFoley
    Shawne is right - how can we effectively show that we would like to see Glint, Corwin, Voghlin and M'Khiin in BG2?
    I mean, I praise Glint everytime I have the chance, but I think that a form, a survey or a petition would be better?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I would pay good money to get M'Khiin into BG2EE. The others too, but she's my favorite. If we get any sort of organized campaign going, count me in.
  • kellclkellcl Member Posts: 24
    For what it's worth, I would gladly pay for Glint, Corwin, M'Khiin, Voghiln (haven't tried him yet but I think he should be cool) to be in BG2EE in the form of DLC.

Maybe set up a pledge page, a la GoFundMe or some other crowdsourcing sites to gauge interest?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    LET THE SPAM BEGIN!!! :trollface:

Seriously, we must start OUR SIEGE to get the Fantastic Four in BG2EE!
    @Aedan: You might want to put those goals up on a separate post, maybe ask a mod to sticky it so people know what's what.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    shawne said:

You might want to put those goals up on a separate post, maybe ask a mod to sticky it so people know what's what.

Done - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57593/what-you-can-do-to-increase-chances-of-bringing-sod-companions-to-bg2ee
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Just add them all to BG2. Including Baeloth and the Secret NPC
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Anybody know how to set up a petition where we can vote and Andrew can show his boss how many people have said they'd be interested in this?

Anybody know how to set up a petition where we can vote and Andrew can show his boss how many people have said they'd be interested in this?

I'd say set up a poll on this board, but there are already three or four of those.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @AndrewFoley: I would be happy to pay another twenty bucks to get some M'Khiin and Caelar content for BG2. However, regarding those three avenues you mentioned, this is how I feel about them:

1) Twitter is an absolute waste of time. I don't see why I would ever want to participate.
    2) I have no interest in conventions/shows. Too many other things to do.
    3) Ditto for cosplay.

Obviously, I have nothing against other people indulging in any of the above, but to me, all of them seem like a complete waste of time. So, there is a bit of a conundrum here. But if there's ever a chance to vote for extra BG2 content with my wallet, I'm in.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

1) Twitter is an absolute waste of time. I don't see why I would ever want to participate.
    2) I have no interest in conventions/shows. Too many other things to do.
    3) Ditto for cosplay.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine?...