Skip to content

Does Luck Stack?

Say I have three items. One gives Luck, the spell. Two give Luck +1 bonus. Does this mean that all my rolls get +3?

Comments

• PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    As I understand it, yes, Luck can be stacked.
    jtthjackjacksemiticgoddess
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
    How powerful is the luck effect? Was it a staple character feature in AD&D 2nd Edition, or was it something that was invented by Bioware? Moreso, is there any explanatiion as to why it is so rare effect on items in BG´s?
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    edited June 2016
    Tarlugn said:

How powerful is the luck effect? Was it a staple character feature in AD&D 2nd Edition, or was it something that was invented by Bioware? Moreso, is there any explanatiion as to why it is so rare effect on items in BG´s?

It seems powerful. It's hard to feel, really, as it's just more RNG in your favor. But I play with Item Revisions, so I ended up with these items at the near end of SoD.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjack
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Chant has an effect similar to luck, in that it increases the party's melee damage and decreases incoming spell damage. Also, fatigue penalties are negative luck penalties, which means a fatigued character could easily get wiped out by a Fireball. Watch out!

People often underestimate the little numbers, focusing only on the biggest ones. If +3 luck is insanely powerful, then +1 luck must be one-third of insanely powerful, which sounds pretty good.

Getting +6 to luck for one character would be amazing. Chant gives +1 luck for six characters, which is very similar, but it's not nearly as eye-catching and is much easier to overlook.
    jtthjackjack
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I'm always having my clerics prep the party with Bless/Chant (or with IWDification Prayer/Recitation/Righteous Wrath of the Faithful). The little boosts quickly add up and I tear through things with ease. My big complaint with the Luck spell was the short duration (but I believe Spell Revisions improves that).
    semiticgoddessjackjack
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Spell Revisions improves basically everything. There is no spell in SR that's not useful.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjackmf2112
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171

Spell Revisions improves basically everything. There is no spell in SR that's not useful.

This is proving a challenge as my first playthrough with it in BG2 is with a sorcerer.
    mf2112jackjack