Skip to content

Arena ideas for multiplayer, come read!

A buddy of mine and myself are making an arena style setup for people to join our game and participate. My part is setting up the spells and creature we'll be using to be the "host" and design the rounds for the champion to partake in. He's developing scripts and whatnot to make this arena as automated as possible.

We were going to originally use Dennaton's arena but I liked the amphitheater-type place you come across in Rasaad's questline.

In this arena there is no party, it will be you pick one character to use and that's it. Any items, extras, scrolls, w/e is allowed. We'll have no limits other than characters can't be edited in anyway to be unkillable.

I have the round setup pretty well I think so far, but I'm looking for input as I want this to be as pleasant and I want the rounds to ascend in difficulty in the most smooth way possible. IE, I don't want to go from spiders/skeletons to lichs and hive mothers.

I want this to be interesting, I want people to have fun with each round, I don't want boring. Now for I guess role-playing reasons I do not want to use named enemies. Such as I don't want to use irenicus, or balthazar, or sarevok, you get the idea. It's supposed to be your testing your strength as a champion against the different stages of creatures of the realms.

I'll put my list here for what I've come up with so far, I'd love feedback on what I've got and some more interesting enemies we can face. I'm all open for swapping out and/or adding creatures to a round. I'm up for adding more rounds. I don't rightly have a clue on how many rounds I should have so I'd be up for feedback there too.

Here's what I have so far..

Gibberlings (this is mainly for fun, I have a spell to summon 60 of these, it's hilarious. like an intro)
Skeleton warrios sword spiders
djinnis+gauths
greater bone golems
two of each greater elementals
shambouling molds
adamant and two other lesser golems
pit fiends
balors
one of each elemental princes
devas
powerful lichs
slayers
hive mothers/some type of warriors idk what
dragons

JuliusBorisovloliensemiticgoddess

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I've closed the second thread, there's no need to post exactly the same thing in different subforums.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Aw, I was expecting a proper versus mode where live players see eachother as proper red-circled enemies. Thats so lacking in IE.
    lolienArtonaFinneousPJ
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    Bumb
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Here are some of my ideas:

*Thieves who instantly become invisible upon taking damage.
    *Archers who fire arrows or bolts in the form of lightning bolts, cones of cold, etc (using those projectiles).
    *Mages who turn into werewolves when low on health.
    *An enemy who casts multiple fireballs at once, but who targets various points on the map rather than players.
    *An enemy who casts Skull Trap, Glyph of Warding or Delayed Blast Fireball at various points in the arena.
    *Enemies that create copies of themselves over time.
    *An enemy that teleports around randomly by repeatedly using the "teleport field" opcode.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited June 2016
    Most challenging fights are balanced enemy parties with mages priests and warriors.
    semiticgoddessmf2112Sarevokok
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    How about do something different and make a moba?
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2016
    I am the friend of which @Sarevokok speaks. I do not wish for something too challenging to script, such as casting spells at coordinates inside a set range, for I am quite new to scripting. However, any help in making this arena would be appreciated. If you wish to join in the production of this arena, PM me on my profile, and i will send you my Skype.

The following obstructions have occured in this production thus far:
    Round 2 - spell doesn't spawn any creatures, no matter what creature file we try to spawn
    Round 4 - see round 2

So far, we have made a host for the arena, but we are trying to make this as automated as possible. Any help in this, as well, would be appreciated.

As stated above, if any help whatsoever should be offered, PM me or comment on this thread, tagging Sarevokok and I in the comment.

EDIT: we are also thinking of adding a market to prepare the champion, Black Pits II style. Any help in developing scripts to make the shopkeeps not run when hit would be appreciated. I am going to add an item that grants immortality to all shopkeeps. I will probably make a custom shop or three, and any sold item suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Thank you for your time.

• SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171

Most challenging fights are balanced enemy parties with mages priests and warriors.

While I agree I'm trying to make it that your facing creatures. Not other people. And also take into account you're only allowed one champion in my arena to compete, not a party. The closest I have to what you suggested is my give mother round is pared with drow Warriors as well. The deva round they're all priest/fighters essentially so
    FinneousPJXzanah
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    Bump