Skip to content

new baldurs gate..

If there were to be another bg game this is how I would imagine it to be.. Fast characters with more smooth moving. Abilities to jump into fights, monsters that get hurt and blood that sprays, agile hunters that can run stand on rocks and things to fire, the animations are very important. I would keep the 3.person wiev but with much better graphics. Mounts should be implemented in the game. Real deserts and underworld dungeouns that goes deeper and deeper..you know things like that

Comments

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Questions:
    2D or 3D game ?
    Should design follow skill based classless leveling system or class based? Or something different ?

ArgasJuliusBorisov
  • ArgasArgas Member Posts: 174
    I looked into pillars of eternity, the game looks appealing but still its kinda it miss something. Yesterday I watched a clip of God of War. I liked that but that also miss something. Of course a game cant be perfect. But with the technology available a game more or less should be. I like that I can pause the game. And with a few helpfull scripts that works a party should be good to go. Let me begin with

Character creation. Now this is something I like. I want to form his face eyes everything.. The bigger the stronger. No need to roll. The complicated part would be how a wizard should look like. At the beginning one should be able to choose a main class. So if one wants to play a mage then he shouldn't be able to make a char the size of a behemoth..

Classes. This one is fun. I'm like I want to make a char no one else has. I don't want to read guides while playing a game or at least there should be so many choices it should be extremely difficult write a guide.. So basically I could choose a warrior class. Then at some point a Duelist..someone who can dual into the thief kit. I can if course change weapon specialization. Then a massive talent tree so I can make a char just the way I like. In this case someone who isn't as strong as a ogre lets say but on one and one he should be able to take out an ogre but gets in trouble if kinda tanking.. The options should be almost unlimited. And no mechanical things. I despise it. I don't mind goblins but when I see engineering like that..ughhhr. And apropos goblins. There should be all kind of races and monsters. Fortunately there are so many nowadays it wont we hard get inspired

Then to the game

We start of poor.. Very poor..something happened. Our village got killed
    JuliusBorisov
    I have actually already thought of the concept for a game. A Chinese game. This one is all about kung-fu back when it was invented.. It's about learning techniques by manuals or masters and by defeating foes. A snake technique. Monkey.. Tiger-claw... Quests are like, village has trouble with some villians go seek this inn and solve the matter.. Smashing furnitures and the entire inn in a big fight. Or a quest like save some women or find a jewel. Martial arts are fun and games like streetfifhter is booring. But back to topic. I like the isometric wiev. You don't get in panic or stuck and to have an overview with graphic details but of course depends on how many characters you have and how many you fight. The less the closer a zoom
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    @Argas essentially (for what you want for class) if you did that you would not have an AD&D role-playing game anymore with its rule set (and lore) instead what you would have no rule set or lore to build your PC making it whatever you want -- want to be a tank okay but then you want to be archer or mage or healer okay lets switch my class and do it -- how you you develop a character or class base system or game system with characters in a rpg world that could easily morph classes? You essentially would not have one or maybe you would have too many. I don't think that there is any game system that is rpg that would allow such a flexible class system as it would kill any sort of character, character lore, lore or story development you could possible write.

Have you played IWD 2 - it allows for some of what you want a more flexible class system - want to switch or add a class, it allows you to be able to do it; you can be a level of any class almost if your stats fits but you would suffer xp penalties for creating a level one of everything.

One of the things with classic crpg based on ad&d rules is that it had rules - and yes the game engine and developers may have altered some and even bent some out of recognition but it had a basic rule set with lore and history, a magic system with rules and lore and class/characters that had strengths and limits to it.

PoE tries to create rules and lore but it is not based on anything but the game so even reading the rule books it seems to lack that something essential - which is lore and history - that is not to say it is not a great game to play as it is an homage to all the classic crpg in the way it is played.

Chinese mmorpg already exists although I am not sure if they are in English and yes they are quiet amazing in their own ways - you can do all the crazy and unique fighting styles based on schools like Shaolin, Wudang, Emei, etc with their own unique weapons, internal/external chi energy etc you can see styles like drunken style, tiger fist, poison fist (other styles that don't translate well in English) etc and its all incorporated into the game. Imagine creating a PC that does everything you see in those HK/Chinese martial art fantasy movies but translated into a video game and that is what you have for some of the better Chinese mmorpg.
    Argas
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Argas said:

Quests are like, village has trouble with some villians go seek this inn and solve the matter.. Smashing furnitures and the entire inn in a big fight.

You should apply for the Narrative Designer position at Beamdog and send this in as your side-quest outline.
    Argas
    joluv said:

Argas said:

Quests are like, village has trouble with some villians go seek this inn and solve the matter.. Smashing furnitures and the entire inn in a big fight.

You should apply for the Narrative Designer position at Beamdog and send this in as your side-quest outline.
    Back then when computer programming were at its early steps, which I partly missed, and before that I read a half library with fantasy and spend my free time in school drawing labyrints monsters and such. Well back then I saw myself apply for a job in the computer business. But I was too worried for competition..kinda saw me a little pathetic. Looking back im thinking I actually could have done a fine career..
    I was thinking to have a single char then.. Way off isnt it.. its like you said things could get complicated.. A mage to a tank ye I'm thinking a battlemage which isnt the point..and with six char or more and subkits. The right thing to do would be if a fighter well he can do thieving and a few spells. Kinda not original..buy that's good to think hihi
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    I cant agree with 3D person,it would be just another modern action RPG,I think they should stick with strategic view, the way it is..Another, new and big world with various planes, maybe more interactions with devils? Since in Baldurs gate series you could only find demons, actually, devils is just one example, thou kinda interesting one, because this is the only game where devils and demons are not the same, and are enemies even, i' m no expert on D&D but there are many things,creatures which could be "discovered". Would like to see a lot more horrific illithids & their schemes, psionic classes..
    Bigger character "transformation"(evolution). Imagine playing necromancer and at some part of the game you do specific class quest and become lich, the quest itself is not mandatory, but you gain a lot of power, maybe some unique powers, also world to you changes as well. For example, you just cant go to usual city which inhabited by humans anymore without causing any panic. On the other hand, other specific evil places like some drow or undead city becomes friendly and starts offering you vampire agents and such.
    Religions. Religion wars and religion related jobs would be very interesting, like a temple district but with a more world impactful quests..Really liked the Talos church quests, tho the end was a bit anticlimactic
    Argas
    Argas said:

joluv said:

Argas said:

Back then when computer programming were at its early steps, which I partly missed, and before that I read a half library with fantasy and spend my free time in school drawing labyrints monsters and such. Well back then I saw myself apply for a job in the computer business. But I was too worried for competition..kinda saw me a little pathetic. Looking back im thinking I actually could have done a fine career..
    I'm 100% certain that I could have a great career in game design too, since I have equally excellent quest ideas. Here's a taste, if you think you can handle it:
    A quest like, mosnters attack a temple go find this cave and fix it.. Many rocks gets broke in a large battle.

See? This is pure gold! Let's start a gaming company together. We'd be an unstoppable creative force. I mean damn, why hasn't Beamdog hired me yet??
    ArgasDjinn
    Is it the 300 robbers quest..they even killed the poor priest and they rape robe and leave the villagers naked. We take from the rich and give to the poor and we will deal with these robbers.. The goverment are also after us because were too good..but has told people they will let go of the side who kills the other side..sends out one party member to confront them and their leader for a duel..oh wait this is a true story actually..party member brings back the head of the leader of the robbers and gets into prison.. The rest of our party do some more questing and make the people riot. We storm the castle and free our party member and force the government to give us a title
    Djinn

Long time ago I became frustrated about marvel stories I decided write my own. I did draw and write most of the storyline. But lost it all.. Here is a drawing of the Nicma one of the four villians. He lives in the darkest cave.

mf2112

Can't remember the fourth member.. Leader is Nazaar and the muscle is Gulb. They come from another world. Naz lives in a dark stronghold....
    lunar
    I think the fourth member was a zaho soldier. A spearwielding deva like creature a general. Nicma and deva are a little good aligned but still evil...
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    This thread is awesome :D
    joluv
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @joluv Don't be an arse
    joluv

Zaho again..

And a orc. The teeths are still too big though but this one is a guard in a city..a human city....

Mage overclockin
    FinneousPJlunar
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Argas Now that is pretty cool. You should make a new thread!
    Argas
    edited June 2016
    Sorry I haven't been pulling my load lately in our joint creative endeavor. I didn't know where to obtain the necessary supplies to begin drafting artistic assets, but then I remembered that I ate at Marie Callender's a few months ago. I now present you with Pesto the human pirate and Buterbeen the half-dragon cleric.

I also had a totally rad mage, but that drawing got kind of messed up after I spilled a bunch of mustard and Pepsi on it.

ETA: Copyright © 2016 joluv. All rights reserved.
    semiticgoddessArgaslunarJuliusBorisov
    Ok. I have written the trailer. Some of these events happen at the same time.. We begin with a caravan with soldiers protecting its values. While driving through some cliffs we get ambushed.. Monsters appear from everywhere..

Then were taken to a scene where there is a hunt ongoing. Were hunting a rare creature who seems like he is rather unwilling to get caught. We do get him.. And take him to a city (for some kind of a circus I suppose....)

Then a thief is on duty..

And a romantic scene..

And again a hunt but this time its a dragon hunting us.

And at last were also in the middle of a duel between two sides. A little fighting here

It all ends with an army charging....

I don't even know what is real anymore.
    FinneousPJ
    edited June 2016
    I was thinking of..

Black pits voicing..

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Argas said:

If there were to be another bg game this is how I would imagine it to be.. Fast characters with more smooth moving. Abilities to jump into fights, monsters that get hurt and blood that sprays, agile hunters that can run stand on rocks and things to fire, the animations are very important. I would keep the 3.person wiev but with much better graphics. Mounts should be implemented in the game. Real deserts and underworld dungeouns that goes deeper and deeper..you know things like that

I don't think this thread has been about any of the things mentioned in the OP for several days already. I'm closing it. If any of you want to create a thread with pictures, you can always do so in the fan-creations subforum.
This discussion has been closed.