Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I send this song to @lurith
    AC/DC : Thunderstruck
    Artona
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Currently listening to:

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Just want to share one of my favorite blues-rock/roots/.../ artists - Tab Benoit.

He has really great music, and funny too! I highly recommend!

The song starts at 02:50, until then its a funny "stand-up" by him!

lolienMusigny
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    So it is a sad day on the Canadian Music scene as Gordon Downie, the lead singer of The Tragically Hip announced that he was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer back in December.

If you grew up in Canada in the 90's, it was hard not to know who The Hip were. They are Canadian Icons. With 13 studio albums spanning 4 decades, it is a band Canadians could call our own and a lot of their songs illustrate this (just give Wheat Kings a listen). They are an interesting mix of Folk and Alternative rock and one of the few bands I would say influenced me while I was growing up.

The band announced they are going to do one more tour this year. A fitting goodbye for their fans, but I am just thinking of what type of atmosphere will hinge over their performances knowing it will be the last time they play together but I will definitely be catching them one more time.

Here is one of my favourite Hip songs: Scared. A fitting song of theirs to share at this time.

It wasn't announced how long Gordon Downie has left to live. Regardless, he is definitely being taken from us too soon. For now, we'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.
    GenderNihilismGirdlesparkleavlolien
    @deltago I'm hearing this here first, that is so goddamn sad. Downie's solo stuff is also so great, Coke Machine Glow is an album I hold nearer and dearer to my heart than even the great output of the Hip themselves, "Vancouver Divorce", "Lofty Pines" and "Insomniacs of the World, Goodnight" are the standout tracks on it but this one he co-wrote with Armenian-Canadian filmmaker Atom Egoyan has always resonated with me:

so sad to hear he doesn't have long, he's a fantastic musician, artist and poet (and don't tell me what he's been doing or that he's been talking tough) and he deserved another several decades of life IMHO
    deltago
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

deltago I'm hearing this here first, that is so goddamn sad. Downie's solo stuff is also so great, Coke Machine Glow is an album I hold nearer and dearer to my heart than even the great output of the Hip themselves, "Vancouver Divorce", "Lofty Pines" and "Insomniacs of the World, Goodnight" are the standout tracks on it but this one he co-wrote with Armenian-Canadian filmmaker Atom Egoyan has always resonated with me:

so sad to hear he doesn't have long, he's a fantastic musician, artist and poet (and don't tell me what he's been doing or that he's been talking tough) and he deserved another several decades of life IMHO

I have Coke Machine Glow (his book of poetry) kicking around here somewhere. I may have to dig up his solo CDs as all I have on this lap top is yer favourites.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    WotE - Alright
    deltago
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Dee D. Jackson featuring C3PO :grin: - Automatic Lover

Joe Bonamassa -Three Times a Fool

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Praise Satan!

Mercyful Fate "Come to the Sabbath"
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455

An unnamed spokesperson for the game has said if Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd now be all running around in dark rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music

That's pretty clever :D
    mch202Wilbur

An unnamed spokesperson for the game has said if Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd now be all running around in dark rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music

That's pretty clever :D

Oh man.. you brought me back to the days when I listen to Hardstyle music... good days!

And on a sharp shift, I would like to share one of my all time favorite blues song, Great voice and epic guitar solo!

Joe Bonamassa with Beth Hart - I'll Take Care of Yo

FinneousPJWilburkaguana
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    Scorpions - "The Sails of Charon"
    Wilbur
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    Le Orme - Felona E Sorona (full album)
    I do not understand the lyrics (they are in Italian) but I pay more attention to the music anyway.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Did the jury make the right decision? You be the judge.

Wilbur

Null are great.
    simples
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540

i have been super into rival schools again lately
    GenderNihilismGirdleWilbur
    @simples wow this is taking me back more than a decade holy crap!!

as far as post-hardcore goes, even though it's a very different brand of post-hardcore, I can't recommend the following EP (posted by the band in its entirety on their youtube! what a great lot they are) enough:

simplesYamcha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AedanGenderNihilismGirdleWilbur
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I discovered a nice musical group - Parlour Tricks. I love their songs!

The storm:

Broken Hearts/Bones (the video is awesome!):
    GenderNihilismGirdleWilbur[Deleted User]
    always loved this video

Wilbursimples
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Lady Writer. Another beautiful Dire Straits song. Being a guitar player myself I'm truly in awe of Mark's brilliance as a guitarist.

YamchaWandering_Minstrel
    @GenderNihilismGirdle for some reason that reminded me of a cross between milemarker and botch? either way, definitely going to be digging up some records tomorrow ;)

GenderNihilismGirdle
    @simples you keep sending me on timewarps...wow, I haven't listened to mathcore in a good long while and it is one of the great musical loves of my life...you're sending me on a quest to dig up some classic Dillinger Escape Plan as we speak tbqh

for some reason hunting around for music in this vein got me thinking about a video I definitely need to give an epilepsy warning for but which has music of my very soul baked into it

Yamcha
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    @GenderNihilismGirdle
    Cool, havent heard Hella for some time. nearly forgot about them.

Here something easier to listen to (for beginners hehe)

GenderNihilismGirdle

youtube is the gift that keeps on giving
    GenderNihilismGirdle

shoegazi...one of the best fusions of a musical genre and a band in existence (they sparked this compilation of shoegaze covers of Fugazi)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2016

Never gets old listening to such epics as Requiem For A Dream's main theme.
    If Irenicus had an alternative character theme song, it would be this. No doubt!
    Yamchalolien
    I still remember when the Fellowship of the Ring trailer used Requiem for a Dream music and I was like "...WTF?!"