Skip to content

The other "Infinity" games

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited June 2016 in Off-Topic
So there are quite a few games out there from the good ol' isometric RPG era that have been mostly forgotten over time ... Lionheart and Temple of the Elemental Evil come to mind.

Do you know others that have been forgotten?
What is your general opinion on these games?
Do you think they are worth picking up for fans of BG and IWD?

And please, no spoilers ~
mf2112brus[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovdunbarCrevsDaak

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I have a humble feeling Buttercheese knows about PST a lot ;)
    [Deleted User]ButtercheeseCrevsDaakjackjack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisovButtercheeseCrevsDaak
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Well obviously Dragon Age Origins and more recently Divinity Original Sin which is actually turn based
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2016
    Somebody is talking about, what did you call it, Planescape: Torment?
    Never heard of it. :trollface:
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @FinneousPJ Right, Divinity! Had that one lingering in my Steam library for years now, time to finally get on that ... Also, I highly doubt that you can count Dragon Age as a "forgotten" game :neutral: It's one of the most widely know videogame franchises on the planet.

@Kamigoroshi Does Lionheart have any worthwhile mods? Widescreen, higher res maybe.
    Does is feature multiplayer co-op (and is it worthwhile)?

@Shandyr I do know about PST :tongue: Just waiting till the EE comes out.
    FinneousPJ[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited June 2016
    @Buttercheese In contrast to the other games, Lionheart has very few mods. According to Mod DB, the only non-cheat mod would be Scion of Lionheart. This one mainly pushes up the level caps and provides additional perks.

Edit: Oh my, it appears there indeed is a Widescreen Patch. Never noticed this one before. :lol:

Edit 2: And yes, Lionheart indeed has a multiplayer modus. Although I can't commend how it plays as I never used it.
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Personally I'd like to see the old Gold Box games adapted for the Infinity engine. I played the Pool of Radiance series many times long ago, I just really enjoyed them. Though I couldn't get into Pools of Darkness. The Krynn series was pretty good as well. It would be nice to see those games with some updated graphics, and they shouldn't be that difficult to adapt as far as the rule set goes.
    Buttercheesejackjack