Skip to content

Help! Chessboard doesn't spawn in Durlag's Tower labyrinth level 3!!

johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
I have completed all the tasks and killed all the creatures in all the challenges. I've scoured each area METICULOUSLY and yes I have killed everything (including the 3 invisible stalkers and burned the bitchy fission slime with fire and its definitely dead) but I am still not teleported to the chessboard, as I am told I should be. What have I not done or did wrongly?

The only thing I could think that might pose a problem is that I killed the fission slime and air aspect outside their homes (they followed my character out into the corridor) and hence the game perhaps did not register its death?? Also, I did the challenges in this order: Ice, Earth, Air, Fire.

Someone please advise! Thank you!
Post edited by johntyl on

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Are you using SCS? That's a known issue and you'll need a console code to trigger the event. I can't look it up right now though.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1) solves the problem. ( C:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1) in BGEE)

If you kill the fission without fire you're stuck in the Durlag's Tower.
    Alonso
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Hudzy said:

Are you using SCS? That's a known issue and you'll need a console code to trigger the event. I can't look it up right now though.

Yes, I am using SCS. How do you use the console code? Sorry, I am really noob at this.
    bengoshi said:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1) solves the problem. ( C:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1) in BGEE)

If you kill the fission without fire you're stuck in the Durlag's Tower.

I killed the fission with Imonen's fire arrows! Is that the console code? How do you apply that?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @johntyl C:\User\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    Open up the Baldur.ini with a text editor. I suggest ConTEXT as its free and will also enable you to easily edit scripts too.

Add these lines 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', You can put it right at the top if you like

CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    **NOTE** If you are having trouble getting Vista/7/8 to recognise or keep your changes... try either changing the system permissions on the INI file, or another method is to copy out the INI file to your desktop (or wherever), make your edits then save. Verify they are in there, then drop back into your Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder and 'replace' the existing one.

Start up your game and either create a new game or load a save. Hit Ctrl+Space
    This will bring up a window where you need to type in the following:

Also, see http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization/p1
    Hudzyjohntyl
    bengoshi said:

@johntyl C:\User\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    Open up the Baldur.ini with a text editor. I suggest ConTEXT as its free and will also enable you to easily edit scripts too.

Add these lines 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', You can put it right at the top if you like

CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    **NOTE** If you are having trouble getting Vista/7/8 to recognise or keep your changes... try either changing the system permissions on the INI file, or another method is to copy out the INI file to your desktop (or wherever), make your edits then save. Verify they are in there, then drop back into your Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder and 'replace' the existing one.

Start up your game and either create a new game or load a save. Hit Ctrl+Space
    This will bring up a window where you need to type in the following:

Also, see http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization/p1

Thanks, I am using Mac OS X Yosemite though and I bought the BGEE on steam, is the process similar?
    JuliusBorisov
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    You'll still have that file in wherever OS X puts user documents.
    JuliusBorisovjohntyl
    thanks so much guys, I got it!:))
    GoturalJuliusBorisov
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2016
    I'm getting this message when I try to do it

'expected near < eof >
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    With the latest version of BGEE, you need to open Baldur.lua, not baldur.ini (you can delete baldur.ini if you still have it) and add this line:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    instead of adding to the Option table.

Then, instead of typing
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal( ...
    in the console, type
    C:SetGlobal( ...
    Aerakar
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I'm having this issue with SCS and the chess room. What Do I have to do? I read about some comment before, but I couldn't understand how to just teleport myself to the right room
  • JustLeftJustLeft Member Posts: 76
    Did you try doing the rooms in a different order?

I recently did an SCS run and did Fire, Wyvern, Cold and Slime and worked no problems.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    I have never gotten this to work with SCS no matter the room order, but I have heard of it working for others. I have always had to use the CLUAconsole command as discussed above.
    Hudzy
    the code doesn't seem to work. Shouldn't I insert

C:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1

If I'm using BG:EE?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    It looks like you're missing a right parenthesis there, @Arthas.
    Arthas
    I owe you one. Thank you
    edited July 2016
    delete
  • randomhero890randomhero890 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2016
    This doesn't work for me, I entered the console command correctly, it accepts the command, but still nothing happens :(

command I entered was C:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1)

edit: nm I had to go into the slime room again oops
  • philosmarkxyzphilosmarkxyz Member Posts: 1
    Hi, first time poster. Where does the chessboard spawn? I went through the 4 areas, not knowing there's a chessboard, then into the green area that leads back to the start of the level. I killed the slimes with fireballs and fire arrows, so I should be fine on the account, and I'm using the enhanced edition. Please advise!
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    If you are using BGEE without the SCS mod, then you will need to defeat the 4 elemental bosses, 1 per elemental room. Then in the last room you should spawn to the chessboard after the final kill. This is as intended in the game

If you are using SCS something breaks the spawn, so you will need to use a console command while in one of the elemental rooms, with the correct command described above (again, after defeating all 4 bosses).