Skip to content

Soundtracks Now Available for BGII:EE and IWD:EE!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited June 2016 in News
Today we're pleased to bring you the full soundtracks to Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. The digital package contains the original soundtracks for Baldur’s Gate II and Throne of Bhaal, composed by Michael Hoenig, Inon Zur, and Howard Drossin.

The Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition Soundtrack also contains 15 new tracks by Sam Hulick, composed for the enhanced edition of the game, making 81 tracks in all. This includes 34 previously unreleased tracks, now available for the first time. All tracks come in both MP3 (320kbit) and lossless FLAC format.

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack

We're also bringing you the official soundtrack to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition! The digital package contains the original soundtrack for the Icewind Dale video game, composed by Jeremy Soule. All tracks come in both MP3 (320kbit) and lossless FLAC format.

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack

Today we're also pushing out a special update for BG:EE and BGII:EE that includes a fix for tooltips on Macs, as well as achievements localized for Brazilian Portuguese and a minor crash fix on the Options menu.

Enjoy!
Post edited by Dee on
Mr2150proccoAstroBryGuymf2112AedanJuliusBorisovlolienRavenslighthook71ifupaulineButtercheesedockaboomskicmk24AdulNonnahswriterelminsterSkandiiwhitemushroomznancekivellKilivitzThacoBellKenji

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Dee - Are the only available via Steam?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

@Dee - Are the only available via Steam?

That's correct.
    JuliusBorisovznancekivell
    One more question - is there any new music in the IWDEE soundtrack not found in the original IWD soundtrack?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Off the top of my head I don't recall if the IWD:EE soundtrack has more tracks than the original; it has 51 tracks for a total playtime of 64 minutes, though, if that helps.
    znancekivell
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    Dee said:

Off the top of my head I don't recall if the IWD:EE soundtrack has more tracks than the original; it has 51 tracks for a total playtime of 64 minutes, though, if that helps.

That is exactly the same as the original sound track, which just happens to currently be loaded onto my phone :)

May I ask, why Steam only? Are there any plans to eventually make it available through Beamdog directly?

Same question. I will buy the soundtracks if they are sold through Beamdog, but I'm not really interested in Steam. They would make a nice addition to my BGEE and SoD soundtracks which came with the Collector's Edition I bought through Beamdog.
    ConjurerDragonlolienznancekivellThacoBell
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Yesssssss
    Thanks Beamdog for doing what I did with audacity and free time a year or two ago!
    lolienznancekivell
  • poirotpoirot Member Posts: 3
    The 2.3.67.3 update for BGEE and BG2EE is not on GOG. Is the patch only for steam? BGEE on Mac (GOG version) still has the tooltip bug, please fix it.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Steam = dealbreaker :P
    SilverstarThacoBell
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @poirot The 2.3.67.3 update seems to be up on GOG now. It often takes a day or two.
    JuliusBorisov
    The latest update on GOG is still 2.3.67.2. Just checked. It's been a week since 2.3.67.3 came out. I think there will be no 2.3.67.3 on GOG :( Maybe it's a small hot fix just for steam. I don't know whether it is on Beamdog or not? Waiting for next BIG update.
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    so if we have bought these games from beamdog directly, we don't get the soundtracks?
    yazgang said:

so if we have bought these games from beamdog directly, we don't get the soundtracks?

If you purchased the games direct from Beamdog, you can request Steam keys from Beamdog and then purchase the soundtracks on Steam.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    @poirot Are you using GOG Galaxy? Because BG2EE is definitely telling me I have an update there. I just checked.
    JuliusBorisov

@poirot Are you using GOG Galaxy? Because BG2EE is definitely telling me I have an update there. I just checked.

No. I have internet connection problems with GOG Galaxy here. It's unusable. I directly use GOG's website. So it seems this maybe GOG's problem. I'm playing BGEE. Maybe I can find a way to give Galaxy another try.
    If you can get internet long enough to download Galaxy, you can play the games while offline. That's what I do since I don't have internet at home. But there should be a changelog/direct download for every update too and I don't know why BG1 wouldn't have it when BG2 does.
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    um, does anyone know how to get the soundtracks once the steam keys have been provided? i got mine and have registered the games in my library but i dont know what to do after that >_<
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It should be in the game folder, the folder with an exe file.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, not wasting my time with steam.
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    hmmmm. thank you! i will need to look further into this. im really looking forward to the ToB menu music
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    What about the Heart of Winter soundtracks? I believe they were on the IwD 2 soundtrack cd for some reason...
    http://game-ost.com/static/covers_soundtracks/706_734996.jpg
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ankheg said:

What about the Heart of Winter soundtracks? I believe they were on the IwD 2 soundtrack cd for some reason...
    http://game-ost.com/static/covers_soundtracks/706_734996.jpg

@ankheg We're now adding the Heart of Winter soundtrack as a bonus to our IWD:EE sountrack. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to create it in a FLAC format, so it will be added as MP3.
    lolien