Skip to content

Pre-load date?

theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Originally, I thought the pre-loading... thing, for the pre-orders was gonna be a week or so prior to release. I assume this isn't the case anymore, and it may just be over the weekend? It's just getting very close to the release date and I'm getting antsy. lol
MrKrisSatanFelixMystre

Comments

• MrKrisSatanMrKrisSatan Member Posts: 75
    Its not long now, were all in this together. Just hang in there a bit longer and we shall all be baalspawn again!
    nemesisGypsySocksthat70sgirl7887Zinodin
  • jpbl1976jpbl1976 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah. I was starting to wonder about this too. I'm getting tired of playing other games :-). Still, we're all in this together so it's just a little while now.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Fail with what?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    With providing a pre-load a week before release, which is today and which they said they would arrange for. But whatever, as long as the game actually comes out next Tuesday, I'm fine.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

With providing a pre-load a week before release, which is today and which they said they would arrange for. But whatever, as long as the game actually comes out next Tuesday, I'm fine.

Hmm.. I dont find anywhere a statement which say that the pre-load will be available exactly a week before release..

The purpose of the pre-load, I believe, is to let you download without the traffic that is expected at release day. so even if it will be available 2-3 days before it will still serve its purpose.

noodles_toolordkim
  • RhulqdahrRhulqdahr Member Posts: 28
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster (written on the 1st of September on Twitter)

"We're still testing the loader app to ensure it doesn't do bad things. Current thinking is to start pre-loading at least a week in advance"

Can't be taken as an official announcement, but still.
    Rhulqdahr said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster (written on the 1st of September on Twitter)

"We're still testing the loader app to ensure it doesn't do bad things. Current thinking is to start pre-loading at least a week in advance"

Can't be taken as an official announcement, but still.

And they also were thinking to compress the game to ~1.2GB but right now it is going to be 3GB as far as we know.

Its a consideration and nothing else. :-)

• CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    mch202 said:

Hmm.. I dont find anywhere a statement which say that the pre-load will be available exactly a week before release..

The purpose of the pre-load, I believe, is to let you download without the traffic that is expected at release day. so even if it will be available 2-3 days before it will still serve its purpose.

May the gods have mercy on those with limited internet connection time, or those with low internet speed connections.
    SneakyDumplingsepotterthat70sgirl7887Bynary_Fission
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    I want to pre-download but as long as the final release date doesn't get pushed on... I'm fine... for now.
    CCarluNN said:

mch202 said:

May the gods have mercy on those with limited internet connection time, or those with low internet speed connections.
    Oh yeah, and that :-)

• leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    When I ordered it 2-3 weeks ago, the statement was pre-loading "in the weeks leading up to it".
    Oh well, I guess nothing changes unless we don't get a pre-loader and have to download it when everyone is trying to, or they change the release date.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    Would be nice to hear from someone official as people are getting a bit nervous. (including me!)
    azurit
  • skyline818skyline818 Member Posts: 11
    It would be cool if they were able to allow the character creation portion of the game upon release of the pre-load. Then those that pre-ordered could generate their character whilst waiting for the release date before playing. I could swear there was a game that did this not too long ago, but I can't think of the name of it for the life of me.
    paulsifer42Paladinthat70sgirl7887_Q_
  • veevitoveevito Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2012

It would be cool if they were able to allow the character creation portion of the game upon release of the pre-load. Then those that pre-ordered could generate their character whilst waiting for the release date before playing. I could swear there was a game that did this not too long ago, but I can't think of the name of it for the life of me.

For some reason I am thinking it was either NWN2 or Dragon Age.

Although that would be too tempting. I'd want to play after creation. Maybe they'll let pre orders play this weekend ahead of time. Doubt it though since some of Trent's tweets make it seem like it's going to really come down to the wire to even meet the 18th.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    @veevito
    Dragon Age released it's character creator in advance.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    BG doesn't have a separate char maker as far as I can tell. They could probably do a lot of work to extricate it, which isn't the same as DA:O maker. The latter was created by a team while others were doing programming magic. It was nice of them to let people play with it ahead of time, but hardly something to expect here, methinks.
    Blave said:

However, I was hoping for an early download because it would probably include the new manual. Having that to skim through a few days in advance would be awesome.

Yes indeed. I would like to have the manual now, pre-loading can wait till tomorrow. :)
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    Trent was saying somewhere that he wants from his staff to be in the office when pre-load is started in case something bad will happen. So, if it won't start today or tomorrow, it will probably be started on Monday 17th..
    edited September 2012
    I have a good feeling about today...
    leyshjonoejunk11that70sgirl7887
    azurit said:

Trent was saying somewhere that he wants from his staff to be in the office when pre-load is started in case something bad will happen. So, if it won't start today or tomorrow, it will probably be started on Monday 17th..

Dear Beamdog staff,

Sacrifice your weekend and keep working. You know it will be worth it.

Many thanks in advance.

Your loyal BG:EE fans
    alannahsmith
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335

Great idea!

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Not sure it's possible to do that @skyline818, but I agree - it would be nice. It would also be torture. Imagine. You roll an awesome character today. Then wait FIVE days to begin. Ugh.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    I think everyone should be prepared for a delay. You can bet they are scrambling to get everything together.
    edited September 2012
    No no.. I smell it coming...
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    Unless your internet connection is from the stone age, it doesn't matter if preloading time doesn't happen until a day before.
    mch202Tr_ondnoodles_too
  • DonnhartDonnhart Member Posts: 4
    5 endless days to wait until release...

...i am already like
    noodles_too