Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
    Subtledoctor, I've been playing with Neera as a Wild Sorcerer, and I thought I'd let you know my experiences (since I recall you saying that you hadn't tested that part out at all). Wild Surges happen as normal on her spell casts, and she knows the 3 Wild Mage spells. When she casts Nahal's, though, she doesn't get the option to choose one of the other spells she knows in order to try to cast it. So it looks like she just casts a wild surge on herself; there is no option to target another, and when it works, no actual spell is cast.

That makes sense; however the kit allows you to choose another spell you know when you cast Nahal's must not work with the sorcerer.
  • wsmithjrwsmithjr Member Posts: 50
    I've been using this as well. I guess I thought the spell enhanced the spells that followed up. Hadn't used a wild mage before, so I didn't realize how it was supposed to work.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    edited June 2016
    Nice, thanks for the update. I've been having a lot of fun with this on my latest run through.

Also, to add on to the discussion above, Nahal's has been working fine for me with Neera as a Revenant Sorcerer (from T&B), so the issue might just be with the Wild Sorcerer Kit.
    Since I'm actually really enjoying casting Nahal's with a differently kitted sorcerer, can I put in a vote for please don't remove it :smile: Or at least make it optional. How else am I supposed to kill SCS enemies at too low a level?

I don't have an opinion on the Wild Sorcerer itself, but I like having Neera with that spell in her book. It makes her unique.
    Actually the Revenant Sorcerer is a totally different kit. I made Neera a Sorcerer with your mod (where she keeps Nahal's) and then kitted her into a T&B kit, also with your mod.

The T&B kit doesn't actually give her Nahal's it just doesn't remove it, so if you remove it, she won't have it anymore. Does that make sense? I think I lost the grammar somewhere along the way.
    As someone who is only console and no EE Keeper, how would that work for a Sorcerer? I guess I could just make a lot of scrolls, but they wouldn't actually be able to learn the spell, right?

Unless there's a way to console in spell knowledge?
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2016
    I noticed a bug when trying to create a Kensai/Mage/Thief. Soon as I got my first level up (as Thief) I also got an extra lvl 1 spell which made no sense because I was still Mage level 1. Then I did a bit of testing and used EE Keeper to get several level ups and the end result was that I had an extra spell to cast for each spell level. Then I used EE Keeper to create a Kensai/Mage/Thief without this mod and I got the same exact result, with the extra spells, so it's obviously not this mod that's causing it. I don't know how to fix it other than removing the extra spell every time it bugs out, any ideas?

Btw I'm using a slightly older version of this mod, don't want to reinstall everything for something that I can easily do with EE Keeper (kit support for multiclasses).
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    I suspected as such. I tried removing the extra spell but it quickly became tiresome after each and every single thief or fighter level up, so I just accepted it and moved on.
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    noob question. in the readme you were very adamant about this mod being loaded last. does the mean after stratagems as well?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    perfect... thank you!
  • SyrophirSyrophir Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2016
    When I try to run the setup in BG2EE folder I'll get:

WeiDU v 23900 Log

G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-npc_ee.exe
    [.\chitin.key] loaded, 875808 bytes
    [.\chitin.key] 187 BIFFs, 62160 resources
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 16 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] loaded, 14245873 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 111330 string entries
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [npc_ee/language/english/setup.tra] has 68 translation strings

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
    [./override/ar0083.are] loaded, 2168 bytes
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\25AREAS.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\25AREAS.BIF]
    [.\DATA\25AREAS.BIF] 659152 bytes, 85 files, 0 tilesets
    [./override/oh6000.are] loaded, 25176 bytes
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2]: Failure("No rule to identify SOD")

FATAL ERROR: Failure("No rule to identify SOD")

Edit: Oh well I just removed any sod from the npc_ee.tp2 to get around the issue, just need this for BG2ToB anyway.
  • WibbizWibbiz Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    I am having trouble getting the mod to work. I am a Steam user and have yet to purchase BG2; placing the extracted files into my directory for BG1:EE is not working, is there a solution?
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    @Wibbiz if you downloaded the latest release from the github, and extracted it, you dump the npc_ee folder and the setup-npc_ee.exe file in the same fodler as your chitin file. Then you double click the setup exe file to run. If you have SoD, you first need to run modmerge which is a separate program with a stickied topic in the forum.
  • WibbizWibbiz Member Posts: 2
    I've done a file search for keywords chitin.key and chitin. It's come up empty. And thank you, I didn't notice the stickied topic!
    edited July 2016
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited August 2016
    "They can only choose kits in one of their classes. The order of priorities is this: 1) rangers; 2) clerics; 3) fighters; 4) druids' 5) thieves; 6) mages."

Is this preset, or chosen by you? (It seems fairly inconsistent, by prioritizing one of the warrior classes (Ranger) over Clerics, but not the other warrior class (Fighter), as well as prioritizing one of the priest classes (Cleric) over Fighters, but not the other priest class (Druid).) I'm not font of shapeshifting, so making Jaheira a Totemic Druid would be nice, but I guess that this would not be possible with your mod?

Also, is it possible to make Neera not using Wild Magic?

And would the various dualclass and multiclass features from Tweaks Anthology mess this up? What about the BG1 style weapon proficiencies (with fighting styles)?

Finally, you say to install this mod last, but are there any problems installing Pecca's GUI after this?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I think GUIs don't interact with other mods so it should be ok to install them whenever. I don't know all of the inner workings though.
    @subtledoctor: Thanks for your feedback!

I see your reasoning for Clerics first. It would personally make sense to keep Clerics together, to get something like Rangers -> Druids/Clerics -> Fighters -> Thieves -> Mages. Not that it matters too much.

You recommend against using kits for dual/multiclasses? Ain't it properly allowed in game to have a kit dualclass, and thus have these possible combinations already?

How does it alter proficiencies when you change a character's class? I guess since you want this run AFTER Tweaks, then the BG1 Proficiencies would already be in place. Wouldn't that mean you'd be targeting the wrong proficiencies?
    edited August 2016
    Are there any other things in Tweaks that make you say "this must be run before NPC_EE"?

Also, if I wanted to change the class priority for multiclass character, like try to make Jaheira a Fighter/Totemic Druid, would that just be swapping a few text blocks around in your code, or would that be a large ordeal?