Skip to content

BGEE Mac El Capitan Will Not Run - Help Please

GrimwaldGrimwald Member Posts: 1
Hi I'm a big BG fan and had the game when it first came out. I downloaded both BGEE and BGEE2 downloaded fine, hit launch on launcher and nothing happens. So I went to the folder and found the app it has a red NO sign on it. Tried to open it and I get this message
"You can’t open the application “Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" I'm running a MacBook Pro OSX 10.11.5. I searched the forums and didn't see anything regarding this problem. Am I missing an add-on needed to make it fly?

Grimwald

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Try right-clicking on the app and selecting "Show Package Contents" then go to the /Contents/MacOS/ folder and execute that file (Open with... -> Terminal, unless it's set by default). It should open a Terminal window and the game. If it doesn't work then Apple messed something up because the game isn't a PowerPC application (I mean, it runs on my end and my system doesn't support PowerPC apps either).
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Welcome to the forums! I wish it wasn't for problem-related reasons. Moving your thread over to the troubleshooting forum where I hope someone can find an answer for you if CrevsDaak's suggestion doesn't help.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    mf2112
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited July 2016
    A simple Logoff/Login sequence will help. The folder application of your Mac needs to be restarted in order to recognize BGEE as a not PowerPC application. It's an Apple problem.