Skip to content

Collectors Edition Ship Date

Comments

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited May 2016
    I have seen it mention somewhere that the Collector's Edition does not include a digital download of the soundtrack... Is this true? That could explain the sad 58 bytes "completed" extra download in my Beamdog launcher.

Perfectly fine for me btw to wait a little while longer. We've waited over a decade for new (official) content already, so yeah... ;)
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    edited May 2016
    Collector edition already has digital download of the OST (https://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-collectors-edition , buttons on the left).
    Thanks @Noon! I do wonder what that extra download header is for then...
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    When is the CE shipping?
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    As I see it, the longer it takes, the better since the game had a lot of bugs. I prefer to have an updated physical copy than the original version we got digitally through Beamdog/Stean/Gog. So I hope making the DVDs is the last thing they do.

I still would have liked an executable patch instead of doing it through Beamdog client. I guess I can always create a "patch" myself with the updated files compared to the ones installed
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Any updates on shipping dates?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Trust me... i rather wait for a stable fix product on CD then get a buggy game that still in the need of patching.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    When it does come out, what system requirements will be printed on the box? Will they be different to the downloaded version (as I still can't run mine)?
    Any word..?
    Sweet mother of Mystra YES! <3
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Awesome, looking forward to getting it finally :)
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Any updates? Almost starting to regret going for the CE :(
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    Thunder said:

I have a horrible feeling it's not going to happen, just like the IOS release. It's been three months and neither have materialised.

I know there has been social media fracas and negative reviews regarding content - I have been deliberately avoiding spoilers or even playing on PC with the free digital copy as I want to continue my play through on my iPad - and my concern is they are backing out and giving up and I (we) will end up with nothing.

I've had this with a few Kickstarters and this feels just the same. I really hope I'm wrong though.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @garyriley1982: Did you see the tweets I posted above? They're working on it. Also, a Beamdog employee said this earlier this week: "at the moment our energy is being spent fixing bugs and getting the expansion ready for iOS and Android." Both things are taking a long time, but they're going to happen.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Thunder said:

I have a horrible feeling it's not going to happen, just like the IOS release. It's been three months and neither have materialised.

I know there has been social media fracas and negative reviews regarding content - I have been deliberately avoiding spoilers or even playing on PC with the free digital copy as I want to continue my play through on my iPad - and my concern is they are backing out and giving up and I (we) will end up with nothing.

I've had this with a few Kickstarters and this feels just the same. I really hope I'm wrong though.
    As Trent stated, these were the test versions of the items contained in the CE. When they are approved by Beamdog, the manufacturing company has to start producing them and then they can be distributed. Apparently there were some issues which caused the test versions (and thus regular production) to be delayed.
    @joluv - I did indeed, however pictures and tweets aren't enough really, it's the same with certain kickstarters, I've got one at the moment that is over a year late with similar lack of response on hard dates, but oodles of pictures and delay updates. I should also note that this is the first time I have purchased a CE for a game only to find it's not even been made yet - I am not anti beam dog.

I'm just concerned is all, as i have been. Burnt in the past with this sort of thing - I just didn't expect it to happen with these games, or this company
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2016
    How did you pay for it @garyriley1982 - and which country are you in?

EDIT: The reason I ask is if you are in the UK and you paid on credit card, then 'Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act' comes into play. This means the credit card company are jointly liable if the goods are not delivered (because the value is more than £100). It takes about a month but the CC company must give you a full refund. This is to prevent consumers having a debt that they didn't receive goods/services for.

So in the very unlikely event that the collector's edition didn't materialise then you'd be covered.

Useful link
    @Mr2150 I am from UK, and I paid for it via Debit Card rather than Credit Card. I've heard of this act, people are mentioning it on the comments of the Kickstarter I mentioned. I'm guessing I'm not covered on this but I do my kickstarting via Credit Card.

@Dee apologies if I seem grouchy, the pictures do indeed look nice, and I appreciate that you guys are working hard, but so many other projects I have backed have nothing but pictures to show - it's gotten to the point when I'm checking every day for both the release date of the CE and IOS. I appreciate no firm date can be given, but is it pre or post 1Q 2017? I ask on both the CE and IOS version.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    OK - worth noting to cover yourself for future purchases, just in case...

I have full faith in Beamdog delivering - so I wouldn't worry ;)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    To be honest, I can't say. Obviously we want to release both as soon as possible, but like most things it depends on testing and QA. The Collector's Edition also depends on manufacturing, which is something that we can only influence in a limited way. Waiting is hard, I know--I'm waiting too ;)--but pictures are a good sign, both for our Collector's Edition and for the Kickstarter projects you've supported. Any time you see pictures that you haven't seen before, that means the developer is making progress toward completion.
  • WeredragonWeredragon Member Posts: 2
    Any update with this? Almost a year since I pre-ordered...
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2017
    It shipped yesterday to North America. Rest will soon follow.
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/01/collectors-edition-update-5.html?m=1
  • WeredragonWeredragon Member Posts: 2
    Thank you!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    @Buttercheese Totally my reaction.
    Very kind of you BeamDog <3