Skip to content

What is your class?

2»

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766

Warlock :D

I am not sure I want to know how that fits :P
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72
    I'm definitely a CN wizard. This is the PC that I take through the majority of my playthroughs. Funnily enough I knew this before I took the online class/alignment questionnaire out of curiousity, which confirmed what I knew already. Same goes for my partner, who I guessed to be a Lawful Good Fighter. He took the test and I was right about him too!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

Alright, since there seems to be some general confusion going on here for some people, so let me clarify what I see the different classes would stand for IRL in addition to the actual real life equivalents (extremely simplified and dumbed down; no, you don't need to fulfill all requirements):

Barbarian: Supersticious, strong, brute
    Bard: Artist (preferably musician, writer, dancer or actor), charismatic, good at performing for a crowd
    Cleric: Very religious, some type of healer (doctor, nurse, etc.)
    Druid: Close to nature, works with animals (vet, zoo keeper, etc.)
    Fighter: Soldier, trained in non-eastern martial arts or weapons (krav maga, street fighting, boxing, etc.), athletic
    Monk: Follows eastern religion/ philosophy (taoism, buddhism, etc.)
    Paladin: Loyal, good-natured, strong morals, disciplined, police officer
    Ranger: Hiker, archer, hunter, wild-keeper, forest warden
    Rogue: Locksmith, cleptomaniac, f***ing people over for a living
    Shaman: Spiritual, esoteric
    Sorcerer: Naturally gifted, doesn't do well with traditional learning (i.e. smart but still bad in school)
    Warlock: Actual satanist or something along those lines, black metalhead, goth
    Wizard: Insanely booksmart, doctor/ professor, stage magician

Still I would choose commoner, then. Otherwise I would choose Bard, but I don't think I deserve "artist" label with my level of skills.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited July 2016
    I'm a scientist working in academia (Unseen University). What I do is certainly arcane in the true sense of the word. When I was younger I did some judo and archery for a few years. Also did one semester of fencing in Phys Ed. I guess I would be a level 2 warrior dualed to a mage.

• MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79

I'm a pharmacist, so my magic arts are: pharmaceutical chemistry, toxicology, pharmacognosy(medicinal plants) so i probably could fit in shaman category as well. :smiley:

That would make you an alchemist.
    That's much more accurate, but i still prefer wizard :smiley: because they are so awesome in D&D, that is probably the reason why most people choose them and alchemist is more steampunk, fits better in post-apocalyptic world
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Hmm… Picking from your new list changes things a bit. There is no such class as Druid/Bard. :)

My heart is that of an artist. The need to create is just as important to me as having a connection with nature. Maybe more so. It’s like the need to take your next breath. As silly as that sounds. :)

Whether it’s building furniture, carving stone, sculpting in clay, or trying my hand at writing an NPC mod, I must be passionately involved in creating something.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I'm keeping with my original choice even with your new list, because I refuse to be a commoner.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2016
    While I am in no way close to the shape I used to be in, I trained in martial arts for about 18 years (give or take) and taught it for about 8 of those years.
    *edit*
    @Buttercheese I always seem to find my to your discussions
    This entire thread is a trainwreck :neutral:
    I am making a personality test that determines your class for you and once that's done I am gonna re-do this thread -.-
    A personality test? You mean like THIS one?
    No. One that is more accurate.
    (The first question already has nothing to do with class -.-)
    Because the earlier questions are about stats. There are also questions that help determine class, others alignment, and even some to help with races.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    :(
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2016
    No, I don't play any instruments, nor do I write poetry.

A bard, however, is well traveled and full of stories. This is how people describe me. A bard is also your best friend at the local pub on trivia night, helping you to win that free pitcher of ale using all the random useless knowledge in their head. A bard knows how to write. I write fiction. I also 'talk good'. When traveling with friends in a foreign country, I was the translator.

So that's me.

Although I do listen to heavy metal and industrial music... so maybe Blackguard.

Aside from that, and if I'm to be completely honest, my class would be 'innocent'. I haven't had enough practice in my life fighting to know if I'd even be any good at it.

I also stole a pack of gum when I was, like, five years old. So I'll have to go Swashbuckler on that one. Maybe Assassin because I used to play a sniper in the original team fortress.

Because the earlier questions are about stats. There are also questions that help determine class, others alignment, and even some to help with races.

Except for that the stat "comeliness" doesn't exist anymore. Charisma isn't about about looks, it's mostly refering to how well a character is able to articulate themselves, how good they are at convincing others of their point and their general presence and charm.
    You have an easier job of convincing others of your point of view if you don't physically repulse them, though, so it still has something to go with it.

No. One that is more accurate.
    (The first question already has nothing to do with class -.-)

A test created by fan like this is bound to be innacurate.
    edited August 2016

You have an easier job of convincing others of your point of view if you don't physically repulse them, though, so it still has something to go with it.

True most of the time, but
    A. beauty is subjective
    B. a lot ot people who fit their social beauty standart are not taken seriously because of their looks (think of a "hot blonde chick" being treated like a bimbo for example)
    C. there are people who seemingly have nothing else for them and are still widely successful (*cough*donaldtrump*cough*)
    D. there are a lot of good looking people who simply suck at articulating themselves.

Charisma certainly can be used as an idicator for looks, but that is hardly a requirement.

O_Bruce said:

A test created by fan like this is bound to be innacurate.

- Petty sure the other test was also created by a fan, otherwise it would have the official D&D logo on it.
    - That would mean that every scientist ever is "bound to be innacurate" in their work, because they didn't create the laws of nature, they are just studying them.

- Petty sure the other test was also created by a fan, otherwise it would have the official D&D logo on it.
    - That would mean that every scientist ever is "bound to be innacurate" in their work, because they didn't create the laws of nature, they are just studying them.

1. They also are no good, I assure you.
    2. Tests created and used by actual sciencists have often large theoretical base, are often improved upon and they are checked in many areas. Such as, whether the test meassures what it was meant to meassure? Are instructions clear enough? Are results of the test repeatable? Are questions asked in proper way? Are questions neutral, or are they "suggesting" the "best" answer? Is there a control scale? And there are much more to it. Considering above, I don't think any fan test can be any good.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    2. Tests created and used by actual sciencists have often large theoretical base, are often improved upon and they are checked in many areas. Such as, whether the test meassures what it was meant to meassure? Are instructions clear enough? Are results of the test repeatable? Are questions asked in proper way? Are questions neutral, or are they "suggesting" the "best" answer? Is there a control scale? And there are much more to it. Considering above, I don't think any fan test can be any good.
    Are you sure being a fan and being a scientist are mutually exclusive then? Doesnt seem scientifically sound to me, but hey, I'm just a fan.
    They are not mutually exclusive, and you would do good to stop being smartass. All I was saying is that making a relaible test that actually measures what it meant to meassure isn't a walk in the park. It's a lot harder than it seems.

Saying all this, I double any of those efforts are actually worth investing in making fan D&D test.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Discussion closed by creator's request. New topic can be found here.
This discussion has been closed.