What is your absolute favourite quest?

2»

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    BG1: The Nashkel Mines

BG2: Umar Hills
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Hudzy said:

I'm not 100% sure it's my favorite, since it's been a while, but I love the setup for the werewolf island. Some intrigue, breaking and entering, drunk sailors, a voiceover introduction, shipwrecks, marooned on an island...

It's a proper adventure in its own right really.

Yeah that's one of my favorite BG1 quests. It feels like it could really be spun out into its own mini campaign. Make Delainy/Durlyle into a recruitable companion and have a Yoshimo situation where we find out their true nature.
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72
    Hudzy said:

I'm not 100% sure it's my favorite, since it's been a while, but I love the setup for the werewolf island. Some intrigue, breaking and entering, drunk sailors, a voiceover introduction, shipwrecks, marooned on an island...

It's a proper adventure in its own right really.

I love TOSC. I remember laughing at Dradeel's cook book and the butterknife of Balduran.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    The end of Werewolf Island is pretty painful though, I always found myself desperately avoiding battle because I don't want to accidentally kill Farthing.
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    You have to give credit to Saemon Havarian. How you are forced to get "a gift" from him and how gith board the ship and hes like "pardon? Cant understand what you're saying..." Sneaky devil
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the revisit to candle keep. i consider the main quest line of bg1 up until you get to the title city weak. then it picks up and you get the the series of events that leads to this section. where you get the reveal and the last 3rd of bg1 happens and it feels like your playing another game then the last 2 thirds.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Durlag's Tower in BG1.

The Planar Sphere in BG2.

Nothing in ToB.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Raduziel said:

Nothing in ToB.

Yay, another member of the club ;p
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The Umar Hills had the coolest, creepiest premise. Strange murders, eerie music, confusing details, and a vivid, memorable dungeon experience.
    ajwz said:

Raduziel said:

Nothing in ToB.

Yay, another member of the club ;p
    but really what is there to really pick. one of the five boss fights, the challenges in the pocket plane?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The encounter with the wraith is pretty interesting, especially if you are romancing anybody.
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72

The encounter with the wraith is pretty interesting, especially if you are romancing anybody.

Yes! That's definitely of my favourite parts of Throne of Bhaal! And the way it speaks to Imoen too. So evil.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited August 2016
    shawne said:

Definitely the House Despana power struggle in Ust Natha. So many possible outcomes, so much depending on the player's agency. That's real roleplaying.

Yeah that's one of the better quests from that angle, I just wish the underdark wasn't given a time limit on most quests as it always makes that part feel so rushed.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229

Yeah if not for the heavy-handedness of it and forcing the PC and LI to hold the idiot ball.

"Wow, we're right outside of an old temple to Bhaal and a ghost from someone's past is acting wildly out of character. Mah angst! Noooooo!"
    Vbibbi said:

Yeah if not for the heavy-handedness of it and forcing the PC and LI to hold the idiot ball.

"Wow, we're right outside of an old temple to Bhaal and a ghost from someone's past is acting wildly out of character. Mah angst! Noooooo!"
    you'd think after falling for that once [ candlekeep caverns] charname would have saw through it.
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Really liked Demogorgon concept, that "empty room" with giant chains, weird and scary atmosphere and the lines, voicing - all good. In general, Watchers keep is probably my favorite dungeon, so many strange things going in that tower
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    3rd level of Watcher's keep – a complex maze, anti-magic zones, a mini blood war, and a game of high card with a deck of many things – what's not to love?

I've gotten to the point where I intentionally leave behind Yakman's journal so I'm forced to wing it and just revel in the chaos. One of the few levels in the BG series that still feels a little different every time.