Skip to content

Account Name, what's your story?

Comments

• JarlaxleJarlaxle Member Posts: 105
    Artemis_Entreri was not available.
    Dragonspear
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    My first name is Kamil, whenever i level up my name changes a bit.
    Sophia
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 49
    I use the same name in most games and forums if I can, First time was when I started playing Ogame.org about 5 years ago. Just sounds cool to I thought.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    i have used this name for more then 15 years. I was about to create my "first" Email address, and didnt know what to name it.... when a wild tube of toothpaste appears.... so i just randomly spelled it backwards Colgate Etagloc.
    it is always useable and available on almost any site. so i NEVER have to change it or even add numbers in the end. ; )
  • MrKrisSatanMrKrisSatan Member Posts: 75
    My name is Chris, I'm male. My dad originally wanted to call me Damien leading to long running joke between us that I'm the Anti-Christ so for the last 12 years I've been MR.SATAN or MrKrisSatan around the internet.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    A slight deviation of a song called "Aristillus" by Camel, which is also a moon sea (those dark spots on the moon). Properly pretentious in other words =)
  • HecklerHeckler Member Posts: 7
    My bike is a Heckler , don't know why I use this but it's not because I like to heckle people .
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    I was 9, I had just read 'The Hobbit', and I was at the airport bookstore, trying to find some fantasy book to read during the vacation (I had just discovered that the fantasy genre EXISTED: I was soooo excited).
    I had settled for one that was "book two" in its own series, which wasn't ideal to me, but I couldn't find anything better.
    Then, while putting back the discarded books, I turned the moving dispenser the wrong way, and a book fell and hit me on the head.

It was Dragon of Autumn Twilight, the first book of the Dragonlance Chronicles (the first of the whole Dragonlance series, actually).
    I immediately fell in love with THE COOLEST FANTASY CHARACTER EVER (ok, on par with Drizzt).
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    Well I was so sick and tired of every username being taken thus forcing me to use different ones for different sites so I thought of things that I like. I'm fond of pirates so cutlass was a good start and kiwis is one of my favorite fruits so.. Now I have a username that so far hasn't been taken on any site :)
  • happslapphappslapp Member Posts: 53
    this is the first forum i ever joined and honestly the name just came to me on the spot. now i feel compelled to name my character HappSlapp
  • DraxAndargDraxAndarg Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2012
    From Drax the Destroyer in the Marvel Universe, at about the time the Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock were gathering the Infinity Gems. Started using the name in a pnp campaign in the early 90's and it's stuck in my head that all of my BDU's have gotta be a Drax. As for the Andarg part, that's just made up.
    Edited: had Captain Mar-vell originally credited instead of Adam Warlock.
    Post edited by DraxAndarg on
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Many years ago me and me main mate BeerGuru was sippin' on some cheap ass Aldi vodka and him be all like "Oi, assless chaps, you be informed about dem Gmail? Dat be de wickedest service on them interwebs. Much better than 'hotmail; that shit be minging"

Me was being well drunk and me was finking "Him be right, I be needing a proper good name to get some web-cred!"

At this point we were becoming increasingly concerned with the level and quality of dialogue, so we decided to go with something that commanded some respect, something that could even lift our spirits from the linguistic and grammatical degeneracy of which we had been plagued for so long. So we went with Rex Faroensis, King of the Faroes.

Been using it everywhere else since.
    Eudaemonium
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012

A slight deviation of a song called "Aristillus" by Camel, which is also a moon sea (those dark spots on the moon). Properly pretentious in other words =)

Those references are da bomb. DesiSmileys.com
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Hahacharde is part of a lyric taken from the Pink Floyd song "Pigs (Three Different Ones)", from their album Animals.

"Haha... Charade you are..."
    smeagolheart
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EudaemoniumHaHaCharade
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I wanted to be Eagleheart (after THIS song by Statovarius) but then a couple things happened. I realized more people might interpret Eagleheart as a Native American thing. I saw a couple other Eaglehearts out there. And then later that dork Chris Elliott made a very dumb looking TV show using the name.

I liked LOTR and around the time the 3rd movie came out in 2003 there are several scenes where Smeagol is conflicted about what is right and wrong and so forth so it seemed to kind of fit together.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
    Ok, mine's pretty silly. Back in the day I used to play some LAN FPS with my buddies. I forget what game it was, but when you killed someone, it displayed "[victim] was killed by [killer]". Being the epitome of wit that I was in high school, I named myself "a diseased hooker", so that when I killed someone it would say that they were killed by a diseased hooker. I eventually started playing online a bit, but I ended up getting kicked out of a couple servers because my name "contained profanity" (or something like that). I didn't want to change my name too much, so when TJ Hooker sprang to mind, I went with it. I eventually stopped playing FPS, but I kept on using the name whenever I needed a screen name for something online.

I've never actually seen the show.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Well, I heard these guards in Candlekeep say: "I could take Drizzt with both my arms tied behind my back!" I thought they were saying "Tresset" so I named my character that. Since then I have used Tresset in many games and other places.
    TJ_Hooker[Deleted User]
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    I like the name Darryl, but plain old Darryl would just be boring.
    TJ_Hooker
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    real name,i just can't think of nicks
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I've used several screen names over the years. But about five years ago, I needed a screen name for a television show's forum, and for whatever reason I decided to be a little more "me" that time. Unfortunately, I have a very common name, so after trying about ten different permutations of my name I just went with an abbreviation of my job description; atc for "air traffic controller". And that screen name has stuck across a variety of forums and sites now.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I really hope it's not mandatory to use the username as charname's name... O.o
    Eudaemonium
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Last name is Cope. Bush has a song ( rock-ish ) named Copestetic or however it's spelled.

Also was a damn nickname in the military by just about everyone.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Just some German word I thought was cool when I was 14. I'm 26 now and I still use it for just about everything. It means "cutting."

@smeagolheart
    Chris Elliott's Eagleheart is definitely goofy, but it is also a laugh riot.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Just some German word I thought was cool when I was 14. I'm 26 now and I still use it for just about everything. It means "cutting."

@smeagolheart
    Chris Elliott's Eagleheart is definitely goofy, but it is also a laugh riot.

Aye it may be. I've enjoyed goofy comedies. For my name though I wanted to be different than for someone to see it and just assume I was a #1 fan or something.
    Schneidend
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Has pretty much always been my internet name since '94. Liked the sound of it. *shrug* There is no deep meaning to it. . . or is there.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Ripped straight from the widely loathed game Unlimited Saga. Although I'm a really big fan of it, finished all 7 adventures.
    EudaemoniumHaHaCharade