Skip to content

[Android] Cirtical Hit Immunity Bug

NeigeNeige Member Posts: 17
edited August 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I was play testing the combat log in order to understand the X+Y=Z formula by making two party members attacking themselves and surprisingly found out that a green ioun stone on my Kensaï protected him from receiving a critical hit.

Behavior Seen:
Critical hit prevented from wearing a ioun stone

Expected Correction
Indicate the critical hit protection.

Behavior Seen:
Combat log is not taking into account the THACO bonus of this stone (rules implementation does take into account of it)

Expected Correction:
Take into account the bonus in the Y variable.

[Edit] After some researches, it seems to be a correct behavior. A precision about critical hit immunity in the text explanation would be nice.

[Edit 2] I found a bug in the combat log, the +1 thaco bonus is not taken into account (only in the text)
For instance i've got the following log:

[without the stone]
19 + 4 = 23 : Miss
[with the stone]
19+4 = 23 : Hit
Post edited by Neige on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Welcome to the forums! That is strange about the ioun stone, I was under the impression that the critical hit protection had been removed. At least that is what the last patch release notes say, I haven't tested them really. Which version are you playing?
  • NeigeNeige Member Posts: 17
    Thank you for the answer. I'm glad it has been taken into account in next releases, but i'm still in the 1.3.2070 version. I'm not aware that a newer version is available on the android platform :(
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    That's because v2.0+ isn't available on Android yet.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Neige said:

Behavior Seen:
    Combat log is not taking into account the THACO bonus of this stone (rules implementation does take into account of it)

Expected Correction:
    Take into account the bonus in the Y variable.

[Edit 2] I found a bug in the combat log, the +1 thaco bonus is not taken into account (only in the text)
    For instance i've got the following log:

[without the stone]
    19 + 4 = 23 : Miss
    [with the stone]
    19+4 = 23 : Hit

Some bonus's affect the number added/subtracted, some bonus's affect the number to reach.
    If the bonus is listed as "To-Hit: +x" in the inventory screen, it affects the number to beat.
    If the bonus is listed as "Ability Bonus: +x" in the inventory screen, it affects the amount added/subtracted.

Technically adjusting the number to beat is correct, as THAC0 itself is the number you need "To Hit Armor Class '0'". A bonus to it is not an adjustment to your roll, its an adjustment to the number you need to beat.
    In the end it doesn't matter which side the adjustment is on, the result is the same.