Skip to content

Vynd, drow assassin NPC now available for BG:EE, Tutu and Trilogy.

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    I might have one somewhere if @Glam_Vrock doesn't mind. Though I'll have to check.

Also, I just have to say that I love this mod. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard playing Baldur's Gate as I did with Rill in the Cloakwood Mines and I'd love to see Vynd in BG2 as well. If only because there's still a shortage of non-dramatic evil thieves.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Glam_Vrock

Excelent work! This character is great in every single way.

Good job! Please, put him in BG2 and SoD!

If it was a DLC I would happily pay for this fellow. Awesome!
    [Deleted User]
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    looking forward to all your new npcs!: D
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I don't feel like vynd would fit very well in SoD considering his story up to BGEE's end. He could make an appearence with the drows at best and come back in the underdark during BG2.
    [Deleted User]
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i'd rather he not be placed so late in the game. we don't need every npc to be in sod. heck i'm surprised we now have two npc mods that can be used in sod.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    The Underdark could definitely use at least one recruitable NPC that sticks around (since Xulaye's compatible now, but she doesn't stay with the team past Ust Natha).
    [Deleted User]
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    Love this mod. Can't wait for the BG2 version. (Though I wish there was more friendly teasing instead of romantic come ons. Least after he rejected me first. My PC got the message XD)
    Fandraxx
    So... any news on that BG2 version? :cold_sweat:
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    Just wanted to chime in here with the others. You're a very talented writer. I've played a few NPC mods and , not to be negative, but I've mostly been disappointed. I wasn't expecting much from Vynd, but boy was I surprised. Perfectly balanced, fits in well, does not overshadow the protagonist, well written dialogue, no cheesy overpowered gear. Totally love him, hope you continue at this!
    RaduzielAerakarLouFitz
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I am wondering if the problems people are having could be solved using modmerge.
  • tuskadartuskadar Member Posts: 9
    I'm having some problems with Vynd related to Mur'Neth mod.

https://i.gyazo.com/5477ecb1fee716521ebc2c7ffeb30591.png

I tried uninstalling both and installing only Vynd but nothing changed.
  • LouFitzLouFitz Member Posts: 1
    Beloved Glam_Vrock, O' wondrous of all modders! Please head my prayer and return to us, your loving fan base!

My heart longs for Vynd to accompany me through The Shadows Of Amn and only your transcendent, all powerful, godly, magnificence can bestow me with such privilege!

I have been waiting so patiently almighty Glam_Vrock, but my heart can no longer take the anguish that is tormenting me so in not knowing if you have truly turned your back on my one and only dream in life, to have the chatty drow once again grace my party of companions.

Please o' dearest Glam_Vrock, supreme in your benevolence, just let me know either way are you still working on Vynd for SOA or is my dream lost.

(I seriously made an account just to ask you and I may be having a slight melt down over this, though I think I hide it well)

Always your loyal subject
    Lou
    MirandelWise_Grimwald
    @LouFitz I can understand your feelings. He's a likeable rogue.
    LouFitz
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Wise_Grimwald I was just trying him out for the first time during the night. I was pleasantly surprised. It's great when a mod can get one to lol. The mushroom beer vs spider venom drink is a good line, among others. :)
    Wise_GrimwaldLouFitz
    edited May 2017

Fandraxx said:

Stevevdl said:

In case you are interested Vynd takes off as soon as you hit 19 reputation.

This is true when you install in Tutu as well. It happened in the Flaming Fist Compound when I gave the angel ring.

Would you mind telling me which mods you have installed? I've tested this over and over in Tutu and never once got it to happen, so it might be a compatibility issue.

Sorry, I've only just read this request and I'm afraid that I can't remember what my mod set-up was then. I am playing SoD and EE nowadays. I currently have Dorn in the party, so I won't be raising my Reputation above 18 in my current game. He has warned me that he will leave me after beating Sarevok though as he has things to do in the Underdark.
    So... any hopes for seeing Vynd on BG2EE?
    GusindaWise_GrimwaldMirandelAerakar
  • crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71
    I was just installing mods for a spontaneous playthrough and somehow had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN Vynd, who's totally at war with Arath in BG2 for my favorite NPC ever. from their posting history it looks like Glam might've gotten sick of the community over how horrible people were being about Mizhena a couple years ago. but if we ever do get a Vynd BG2 edition, it will immediately trigger a full series run from me, at least! hope some day we see you again, Glam, and either way, thanks so much for all your work!
    Wise_Grimwald
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so it's basically in the same boat as Valerie bg2.
    I hate to break it to ya, @AMP1972, but Vynd has been out of development for years, as far as we can tell!
    [Deleted User]Wise_Grimwald
    I keep the hope that Vynd will come to BG2.
    [Deleted User]
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Wrong: Gusinda manually made a version of Vynd, functional, I played with him twice, ..

But hacky versions by someone else who is not the author -and might or might not have permission to release modified versions- doesn't mean the BG2 part is currently developed..
    RaduzielGusindaWise_GrimwaldLavaDelVortel
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi guys, Vynd wasn't actually modified but installed as part of BG1EE/SOD and consoled into SOD (Android version). From there, I just disabled his script so that there wasn't any stuttering when trying to interact with others. It allowed AMP1972 to play the NPC but there was no banter/quest etc, just the .cre file.

Gus
    Mirandel[Deleted User]Wise_Grimwald
    Shame that Vynd isn't being developed further. I kind of liked him.
    RaduzielZaghoulAerakar
    edited February 2019
    Vynd won my heart in the fastest-dart-thrower scene.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Shame that Vynd isn't being developed further. I kind of liked him.

"Kind of liked"?! I am still crazy about him :)

A rare type of mod-NPC which was not overdone. Judging by forums (here and everywhere that Vynd was discussed) I'd say, anyone who tried the mod liked it and asked (in vain) for more. But "I am out of here once it's done" - was repeated more than once by Vynd. His absence in BG2 is very justified (not that I can not find the reason for him to change mind).
    his speech about the one coin at the end of BG1 destroys me

but no development project lasts forever! if Vrok decides to pick the mod back up some day, that's rad, but can't blame anyone for burning out. I'm glad for what we have!
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakar
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thanks Glam.

I hope to see bg2 content someday from you.

My evil dream party would be

Vynd, Foundling, Myself, Imoen, Sarevok, and Varshoon

Damn that would be a dream
    [Deleted User]
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Thank you, @Glam_Vrock ! Thank you so much!!!!
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakar