Skip to content

[MOD] Portraits Portraits Everywhere (for BG1EE, SOD, BG2EE, IWDEE, EET)

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I believe you can move all the setup-*.exe files that are the beta version to a temporary folder and then it won't try to update.
  • LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73

I believe you can move all the setup-*.exe files that are the beta version to a temporary folder and then it won't try to update.

Did a CTRL + F for setup*.exe and moved all files to a bkp folder. Many thanks for the tip. Love your mod :p
    smeagolheart
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Or stop using Big World Setup, and install stuff manually!

That way you'll be assured you got the mod the way the modder intended it, rather than some hacked up version from the BWS team.
    Thels said:

That way you'll be assured you got the mod the way the modder intended it, rather than some hacked up version from the BWS team.

Yep, but I really like big heavily modded game, but I dont have the time to install one by one, so drop BWS is not an option to me, except if I win the lotery and can drop my job B)
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    rather than some hacked up version from the BWS team.

@Thels Could you please be more specific about which mod was 'hacked' by BWS Team?
    There's been plenty of reports where a mod had been altered before being included in BWS, sometimes providing issues that the original mod designer was not aware of.

Tell me, has the moderator of every mod that has been included in BWS been asked for permission to do so?
    @Thels What are you talking about? In you last two post you clearly indicate that BWS Team destroys author vision by "hacking" mods. I'm asking you to provide examples of such "hacking" because for me what you saying is bullshit. You need to have strong arguments for this one.

edited September 2016
    "destroys author vision" is words you're placing in my mouth.

From what I'm aware of:
    - Mods have been included in the BWS application without asking permission of the mod's author.
    - Mods have been modified before being included in the BWS application.
    Thels said:

"destroys author vision" is words you're placing in my mouth.

Och really?
    Thels said:

For me it's different way to say it. Next time, please choose you worlds more carefully.

Again, only statements without examples. If you care to read BWS Remarks:

- BWS cannot host mods: there will be always mods which fails to download, please ask author to provide proper link

you would know that no mods have been modified because no mod is included/hosted by BWS itself.

You clearly had bad experience with BWS but I don't get you negative attitude. @Leokosta problem was caused by extraordinary weidu/wiedu beta/mods/BWS combination and It was solved without too much trouble even without notifying me or @agb1. Nest time when you have problems with BWS, just ask.
    Personally, I love BWS. I think it's the greatest thing ever to hit Baldur's Gate modding.

Before BWS we used BWP which is a batch file system of loading mods and I remember getting a lot more errors, problems and failed installs back in the day. BWS is GUI based and lets you pick individual components and more often than not works with no problems. And I can save my component selections and load them up next time I want to reinstall. At that point, I can even pick new components and mods if available.

Is it perfect? I'd It's pretty close to perfect. Anyway, guys, all this BWS stuff is off topic...
    JuliusBorisovMr2150switcameosis
    Wait, what? I may just have made a fool out of myself. :(

What exactly does BWS stand for, and what exactly does BWP stand for, and what's their difference?
    edited September 2016
    Thels said:

Wait, what? I may just have made a fool out of myself. :(

What exactly does BWS stand for, and what exactly does BWP stand for, and what's their difference?

BWS is this:
    https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup
    Features:
    downloading mods (please see remarks!)
    easy mod installation for BGT and EET
    correct install order of mods/components (BiG World Project)
    handle mod and components conflicts
    easy backup creation/restoring
    ability to add you own mods

BWP is this:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/
    link to pdf:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/download/534-big-world-english/

Edit fixed link
    Post edited by smeagolheart on
    @smeagolheart It's actually this link: https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup, GitHub repository was some sort of testing for future migration.
    smeagolheartcameosis
    ALIEN said:

@smeagolheart It's actually this link: https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup, GitHub repository was some sort of testing for future migration.

sorry used google :disappointed:

Personally, I love BWS. I think it's the greatest thing ever to hit Baldur's Gate modding.

Before BWS we used BWP which is a batch file system of loading mods and I remember getting a lot more errors, problems and failed installs back in the day. BWS is GUI based and lets you pick individual components and more often than not works with no problems. And I can save my component selections and load them up next time I want to reinstall. At that point, I can even pick new components and mods if available.

Is it perfect? I'd It's pretty close to perfect. Anyway, guys, all this BWS stuff is off topic...

BWS is a life saver to people, like me, that dont have many computer skills, and nor the time to learn. I would like to take this opportunity to thank @Alien and all the modders, modderators and community that do such an awesome work for free. Thank you. <3<3<3
    Great work, @cameosis . And to think i cant draw even a little house :s
  • cameosiscameosis Member Posts: 28
    Leokosta said:

Great work, @cameosis . And to think i cant draw even a little house :s

no worries -- i can draw, but it's not original art. lots of filters, edits and postwork / image manipulation. :smiley:
    i would never finish if i had to do thousands of portraits from scratch.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Well, for long as you have permission from the original artists and give proper credit.
    Troodon80JuliusBorisovlolien
  • cameosiscameosis Member Posts: 28
    the credit list will be very long indeed.
    smeagolheart
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited September 2016
    cameosis said:

the credit list will be very long indeed.

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
    - Newt Gingrich
    Post edited by bob_veng on
    smeagolheartcameosisJuliusBorisovlolien
    Mod has been updated to version 1.0, download link is in the OP.

v.1.00 08 Sept 16
    - Updated 42 portraits with bob_veng
    - revised code for Isandir's CHARNAME Portraits component
    cameosisJuliusBorisov
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2016
    Okay I installed the drow portraits and they seem to be bugging out on me. How would I get the game to get the portraits back to the original?

When the dragon turns you back to normal my game just hangs and if I uninstall the mod to get past that part I'm stuck with a ? forever.

Edit: Oh found it using EEKeeper. Just gotta delete the portrait change duplicate entries.
    make sure you completely uninstall the old version? It should work fine on a clean install
    @smeagolheart if you make sure that old version would be uninstalled, use weidu "uninstall"
    Here's a sample of a few of the portraits that went in the latest update

some more..
    imageimageimageimage
    SanctiferJuliusBorisovlefreutlolien
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    we're constantly trying to raise the quality of images and to make various of enhancements such as more fitting backgrounds, more coherent colors, less of a cartoony or "oil painting" or photorealistic look in favour of a look that shares at least some characteristics with BG art style
    Sanctifersmeagolheart
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Great mod, thanks for updating it :)
    edited September 2016
    And some more and some closer pictures of some of the portraits above...
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimage

There are portraits for a cast of thousands in this mod.
    SanctiferJuliusBorisovlolien
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I'm enjoying the mod for now, however I had a quick laugh when the big white innkeeper in nashkel had the portrait of a tall black guy. I'm not trying to start a debate but any chance you're retaking a pass on those?

It's fune to find portraits and know where they come from too. (hello Durance)