Skip to content

Expanded Thief Stronghold

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
edited September 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
Hello :)

I love to play as a thief. It's by far my favorite class, using cunning and wits against strength and power.

But I don't play as a Thief in BG as much as I like because the stronghold is... lame to say the least.

Many years ago I've played a mod called "Expanded Thief Stronghold" (ETS for short) that made that stronghold fantastic!

If you never heard about it: http://www.sorcerers.net/community/index.php?threads/bg2-expanded-thief-stronghold-mod-review.57148/

Well, today I was preparing myself for a Thief -> WS run (thanks @subtledoctor for the link for RR!) and notice that the link I have for the ETS is dated from March 2010 (http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/757-expanded-thief-stronghold/)

So... two questions:

1) Is it compatible if EE 2.X?

2) If not, is there a newer (or similar) version?

Thank you very much, guys. The way I see is impossible to play a Thief after using those mods! :smile:

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I tried it and it worked on BG2EE 1.3. I haven't got to test it on 2.0 though.
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    Can confirm it is compatible with V2.3. Finished all its additional quests this weekend, and the other content works as intended.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Good news! I will try it out on my current run (another bounty hunter, my first character to soon enter SoD, finishing Durlag's so may take a few weeks at my current pace!).
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited September 2016
    Playable does not means fully compatible. :wink:
    Spawning is sometime broken (I saw six copies of the same thief) and the last quests are not always accessible.
    But with a bit of luck, is possible finish everything.
    That of course is much less encouraging.
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    Aerakar said:

I didn't face a single issue with the mod.
    jinxed75 said:

Aerakar said:

I didn't face a single issue with the mod.
    I will try it out.
    Question, what about install order? I currently run this mod install order:

1. Assassinations
    2. Song and Silence (items only)
    3. Rogue Rebalancing
    4. CD Tweaks
    5. SCS

I would think it would be before Song and Silence.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

A question about this mod (I'm using v2.20 that's been updated for EE):

If I install the component that allows a non-thief to get the stronghold, does it count against the one-stronghold limit or can I still get the stronghold that would normally apply to my character class as well?