Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Dwarrows - an Adventure & Town-Builder game... shorties style!

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
edited October 2016 in Off-Topic

The peaceful Wood-Elves have fled their homelands to escape a great flood. The Elf Queen Solatia, aware of their plight, has secured some lands in a far away country and an old Keep where they can rebuild.

Assigned to help these woodland folk rebuild is The Royal Company of Colonizers, an elite group of expert gatherers and builders. Three of the most storied of these colonizers have been chosen for this mission, The Dwarf: Dwilben the Gatherer, The Gnome: Gloia the Builder, and The Halfling: Horbir the Explorer.

Dwarrows is a peaceful Town-Builder that borrows from the Action Adventure genre.

(Placing a Windmill in town)

Take control of three uniquely skilled characters to leave the confines of the town, explore the lush forest surrounding it, and work together to solve puzzles.

(Some wild bluebirds in the woods)

Gather resources to build your town, invite the wandering elves to join it, and discover treasures within the ruins of a forgotten civilization.

(The Dwarf chops down a tree for wood)

Features
  • Explore, quest, and puzzle through a peaceful and atmospheric world
  • Play as three uniquely skilled characters
  • Discover new town structures, characters, and treasures
  • Build your town and balance resources and expansion
  • Gather resources to supply your town and townsfolk to live in it
  • Use ancient artifacts to boost character abilities and town productivity
  • Unlock new structures for your town by combining blueprints

As you can see Dwarrows is an Adventure-Builder hybrid game where we can take control of a dwarf, a gnome and a halfling. The game is being developed by Lithic Entertainment Inc. and needs $12,000 CAD to reach its funding goal.

Also tagging @Shandyr because both the [Pet Enthusiast] and the [Pet Whisperer] pledge tiers have an exclusive beaver pet for backers. ;)
Post edited by Kamigoroshi on
[Deleted User]AnduinTroodon80

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KamigoroshiAnduin
    KamigoroshiAnduin
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    To my understanding the player switches between the three shorties on the fly. At least I get that impression from the footage.

Interesting of note are also this campaign's stretch goals. Especially the [More Pets] goal on $15,000 CAD:

So there may be an possibility for having more than one kind of beaver.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Shandyr said:

" Pet Enthusiast

Receive everything from the Pet Trainer tier, and a second Exclusive Backer Pet: the Beaver.

The Beaver pet follows the Gnome and helps save on resources while building."

Wuargh! What's this? Only the gnome can have the beaver pet?

Omg... I feel conflicted. So I would have to play the gnome in order to enjoy my beaver pet?
    Ugh...

@Anduin tell your kind to stay away from my beaver! :(

How about YOU stay away from MY Beaver...

Now gnaw on him my hairy beauty!

Mwhahahahaha!

This really has to be read in context...
    Kamigoroshi[Deleted User]Troodon80
    Kamigoroshi
    Good to see that Dwarrows reached its funding goal with lots of days to spare. I am really curious how many stretch goals we will secure here. :)
    The Halfling's Lucky Dragon was revealed in the latest update:

His looks are very... peculiar? Not sure if it's supposed to be a golden dragonling or a beer dragonling. :sweat_smile:

On a side note, Dwarrows will reach its More Pets stretch goal with an additional CAD $882. This should be more than doable within the last 5 campaign days. :)