Skip to content

[MOD] EEUITweaks Mod Collection - All EE (v2.2+) Platforms

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @AncientCowboy
    Since you asked, I tracked down the two other cosmetic changes I've been using. You don't currently have them in this mod and if they're compatible, you may want to add them. Otherwise I'll just keep dropping the art in my override.

The first is Lefreut's box5, which is about halfway down this page: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48994/the-new-ui-system-how-to-use-it/p7 and the second is this one: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60473/ub-alternative-scrollbar-art#latest
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    @Ratatoskr589 - Thanks. I just missed the box5 override (hidden in a long thread). I apparently misinterpreted the alternative scrollbar thread. Thought it was a recommendation for mod developers rather than an override. I'll check it out.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @AncientCowboy No problem. I only saw the box one because I was reading that thread as it went and I only managed to find it because I knew it had to be here somewhere. I think those are the only other ones I have, but if I find anything else random, I'll let you know.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @AncientCowboy,

@BillyYank mentioned you might be able to code this up in weidu..

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/59735/permanent-thieving-button-whaaat

Is possible, yes?
    @smeagolheart - Actually, I took a look at this earlier and deferred it because of its dependency on a (undefined by default) keyboard mapping rather than a direct 'thieving' function call. However, coding up the mod itself will be trivial - so I'll put it back on my list of 'things to do' and if I can't figure out some clever way of working around the existing dependency just live with/document the external dependency.

@smeagolheart - Actually, I took a look at this earlier and deferred it because of its dependency on a (undefined by default) keyboard mapping rather than a direct 'thieving' function call. However, coding up the mod itself will be trivial - so I'll put it back on my list of 'things to do' and if I can't figure out some clever way of working around the existing dependency just live with/document the external dependency.

Perhaps you could ask at install time? "Enter the key to map permanent Cleric thief thieving key:_"?

Are you going to restrict it to Cleric thieves right?
    @smeagolheart -
    For the first question - The WeiDU part would be fairly simple. But it would have to also patch in Lua code to deal with the keymapping being changed interactively via Options menus. That's a bit more complicated.
    For the second question - I don't know how. As @lefreut pointed out and @Mr2150 verified, the data concerning the currently selected character isn't available/reliable to Lua/menu code from the World View - only while Inventory/Record panes are up.
    So everyone gets a thieving button with @Dee s method? Well that's not ideal.. ?
    Well, everyone 'sees' the button. But the engine would ignore it for any char that doesn't have thief abilities enabled. It's not great - but I think it's the best possible until the engine<->GUI programming interface is extended. My beloved F/M/C combo would love having 3 button bars :smile:
    Perhaps it could be turned on and off in an options screen? @Pecca and @Mr2150 have options in Dragonspear ui++
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,177
    edited September 2016
    It could certainly be made an option, yes. I have already thought about the possibility of adding "hotkey buttons" in some future patch of the UI++. They would be placed next to the character portraits instead of the actionbar and selecting the button would automatically select the character next to which it was assigned. They would be mainly useful for spell combos, but thieving for C/T too for sure.
    Post edited by Pecca on
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited September 2016
    The problem is that the UI of the game screen doesn't know which character is a thief or not (that was one of @Pecca 's requests - indirectly - so that custom buttons could be created). In that respect, it's a little frustrating as many more options could be modded if that information was available. I tried to 'fake' it in @Dee 's thread by trying to capture the 'currently selected character' and using that to identify if the button was needed - but even that didn't work :(

An optional toggle in settings would work to turn it on or off but not by character or class - it would be on for all characters or off for all characters... So still not perfect.
    Update:

OK - maybe here's how to do it... Have 6 buttons (position can be agreed later). Each of the buttons has an on/off toggle in settings. Each button has the action "Select character X, enter thieving mode". The user would need to select in settings for each of the portraits if the button was on or off.... (eg visible or hidden).

That way, the buttons would appear based on the settings selected not the capability to steal, and when the user clicks it the action would trigger, selecting the correct character and using the key to enter stealing mode. It's not perfect by any means and it would have to be customised and remapped every time the portrait order changes but it is possible (albeit cack-handedly).
    @Mr2150 I ninja'd you. :)
    Ha... so you did :)

Here's an example of how it could work:

Here I've selected Portrait 0 and Portrait 4 to have the extra thieving button (an orange box for demo purposes). All other portraits have the thieving button off.

The action code for the button would be something like:

action
    "
    Infinity_OnPortraitLClick(x)
    Infinity_PressKeyboardButton('a')
    "

where x is the portrait number for each of the 6 buttons and shortcut key 'a' has been set as thieving.

A little 'blue-sky' thinking here - and I haven't worked in the Portrait sidebars much so I don't even know what is possible. So don't hesitate to 'reel me in' :smile:
    Going with @Pecca's idea of a button beside/below each portrait that does something 'special' for the associated character based on 'slot #':
    1. What, if anything, can we find out about the character associated with a particular 'slot'?
    If not nothing (sorry about the double negative), would it be reasonable to somehow maintain an options-driven table which for each single/multi/dual combination defines a desired 'quick action' (from the set of legal possibilities), and a 'hot-key' mapping. No hot-key, the button isn't enabled/visible.
    What do you guys think?
    edited September 2016
    @Pecca has worked with them more than me, but I think we only know the 'number' of the portrait.
    Mr2150 said:

Pecca has worked with them more than me, but I think we only know the 'number' of the portrait.

Yup, the actual character identifier is hardcoded/hidden, we can only choose a character based on a numbered portrait (portrait 1, portrait 2, ...).
    edited September 2016
    Adding a permanent button for that to the main screen may not be ideal there but can it be added to another screen?

Still, even if on the main screen, I guess if it's an install option it would be OK, just install it if needed on a run. Or maybe it won't be intrusive.
    Post edited by smeagolheart on

Version 1.6

Version 1.6 includes four new mods, fixes for a minor Progress Bar Tweaks issue, and support for EET V1.0 Release Candidate 6.3 (see note below).

As noted in the original post, it isn't necessary to un-install/re-install if you have mods installed via version 1.1 or later. Just replace the EEUITweaks directory in your game directory/directories with the new version. The version of WeiDU (packaged as setup-EEUITweaks.exe) hasn't changed, so there's no need to replace the existing copy.

The new mods are lefreut's Box 5 (Dialog box) Override, lefreut's Alternative Scroll Bar, lefreut's 1.3-ish Dialog Box, and Mr2150's Auto-Identify Items

EET Note: This version of EEUITweaks has been modified and tested to work correctly with EET V1.0 RC 6.3. Between EET RC 5 and RC 6.3, the component number for the optional SOD UI component changed from 1 to 0. Thus, V1.6 of EEUITweaks is incompatible with EET V1.0 RC5. If you are still running RC5 of EET - don't use this version of EEUITweaks.

Enjoy!

• psycrospsycros Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2016
    I'm trying to get the BigWorldSetup version of EEUITWEAKS to work but there's supposedly a manual step involved. I've been told I need to put UI.MENU into the Override folder in BGEE. How do I find and extract this file? Before I knew about this I actually got Billyyank's portrait picker to work one time, but I have no idea how. Since then EEUI tweaks have failed on every BWS run. Thanks in advance.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Check out this comment explaining the process : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/723397/#Comment_723397 .
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on

Version 1.7

Version 1.7 of EEUITweaks uses the recently released WeiDU v240 which is able to extract the UI.MENU resource from the relevant game file. Thus, the need to manually pre-extract UI.MENU using NearInfinity or the UI Modding feature has disappeared - as has the EEUITweaks test for its existence.

This version also includes two new mods: Dee's Permanent Thieving Button (see the message posted in the relevant discussion concerning some minor 'polishing' I added); and lefreut's Improved Inventory Screen.

Feedback Message Box Buttons Hack was updated to allow it to function with Dee's Permanent Thieving Button. If you use Buttons Hack and want to use Dee's button, you'll need to re-install Buttons Hack.

The BG2 version of lefreut's 1.3-ish Dialog Box has been updated to incorporate the changes discussed in the "Lefreut's enhanced UI" discussion.

Enjoy!

• LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73
    Great Mod, friend. Just gave it a try on version 1.7 . First install, without Dragonspear UI++ installed, I got some black Tarjes on the boxes:

Next, with Dragonspear UI++ installed (with some manual modifications) , I got some ovrelaping with the horizontal buttons and the (+ / -) expand / shrink Buttons.

Just wanted to give some feedback on this awesome mod, sorry I couldnt test more, because of work. This and @Pecca ´s Dragonspear UI ++, plus @Mr2150 modifications are, in my opinion, a much better work than Beamdog is willing to do. Thank you all of you.
    edited November 2019
    @Leokosta - Thanks for your feedback. I'll look at the Buttons Hack on DS UI++. Should be a trivial fix.
    @lefreut - Your mod, your call. If you think it should be pulled, I'll pull it.
    edited November 2019
    @lefreut - Okay. I'll do a quick update tomorrow. 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' has made plans for this evening :smile: .
  • LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2016

@lefreut - Okay. I'll do a quick update tomorrow. 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' has made plans for this evening :smile: .

Oh, I know what you mean :D