Skip to content

Games like Populous

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
I just started playing the Diablo II EE mod and that made wish to play some of the other good old games. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good game like the old Populous. Maybe a remake or a similar game?

*ATTENTION* mentioning Godus is likely to make me banish you :)
JuliusBorisovSkatan

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Wow that's a blast from the past. I think Black and White was supposed to be the follow up to Populus. But it wasn't as good.

I'd love a Populus remake with modern graphics. It seems like an untapped genre.
    TeflonmlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    That is indeed a blast from the past. I enjoyed that game myself, it would make for a wonderful remake. Are you paying attention Beamdog?
    mlnevese
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited October 2016
    I played something recently on the Ipad that reminded me about Populous, though it seemed more shallow. Never played it far enough to experience it fully though. I realized I don't have the patience for those types of games anymore and got bored. Can't remember its name now either which makes this post completely useless..

Edit: Googling shows that there are mods out for B&W2 which might make you be able to tailor it more to your taste. I might be wrong though since I have never tried B&W2. I did try B&W1 very little back in the day. Perhaps it can be modded as well.
    mlneveselolien
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Skatan said:

I did try B&W1 very little back in the day. Perhaps it can be modded as well.

I didn't get around to that one for a very long time, and when I finally did I couldn't stand the graphics.

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @mlnevese; maybe you can check this one out. I just googled "games like populous": http://www.giantbomb.com/godus/3030-40919/