Skip to content

BG/SoD/BGII v. 2.4 - what will it add/change?

Guys,
do you know/what do you think version 2.4 will brong?

Will 2.4 better integrate SoD with BGI&II?
Is there any chance they will change some plot points, cutscanes or ending in SoD?
Maybe new chars, quests, items?
DaevelonmarkzakusemiticgoddessGirewan

Comments

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I'm simply curious about what's even going on with 2.4, since there's been no news or comments from the devs in a very long time, even if it is just to 'update' us that work is progressing well and on schedule. It's a pity the old 'roadmap' system is no longer active.
    markzakuGirewanGrammarsalad
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    An overworked UI, I'd wager.

I just hope they will patch IWD:EE this time around. Modders need those shiny new opcodes. :neutral:
    ArdulGrammarsalad
  • markzakumarkzaku Member Posts: 34
    What I'm hoping for:

* Lots and lots of bug fixes

* UI improvements/customization

* Updating IWD:EE to 2.0

What I'd love (but don't think we'll get):

* SoD tie-ins in BG2:EE -- namely a resolution for the Skie/Soultaker plotline
    semiticgoddessArdulThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    Hopefully no inventory lag.
    lefreutGrammarsalad
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Hopefully lots of fixes for the UI
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Graphic filtering fix I'd hope
    lefreutAndreaColomboArduljackjack
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    AndreaColombomarkzakuGrammarsaladjackjack
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Well, as long as you don't forget the PC side of the game, we cool.
    brunardoGrammarsaladjackjack
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @TrentOster How realistic are the items on my wishlist, if at all? I understand things may change for various reasons over the course of time and until the patch is out, we won't know for sure what is in and what is out ... But you know, in the interest of managing my expectations :)
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2016
    If 2.4 fixes THIS bug, I'll be happy.
    The bug didn't exist in earlier versions. It was introduced somewhere in 2.0-2.2.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    alceryes said:

The bug didn't exist in earlier versions. It was introduced somewhere in 2.0-2.2.

That is hilarious.
    alceryesGrammarsalad
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2016

alceryes said:

That is hilarious.
    The bug exists in BGI, SoD, and BGII. I dual-wield along with sling or bow regularly so I see it ALL THE TIME.
    Dang, with THAC0 that low, you could hit a god.

Oh wait, we already hit god fragments throughout the game.
    ThacoBell
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I just kinda wanna see the Shaman get a kit or two, because it really bothers me when I click every class and go to the kit selection screen, but nothing happens when I click Shaman. I was so happy when they put Barbarian as a Fighter kit because it resolved this, but then Shaman came in a messed it all up for me again.

They don't even have to be good or viable kits, just SOMETHING to give the game a reason to go to the kit selection screen like every other class. Please. It'd be like an early Christmas gift, fit for the next decade.
    Before Shaman kits, I hope they scrounge up a "base" for the Shaman class like they do with the others. It's kinda not fair.
    ThacoBellPapa_Lou
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

Before Shaman kits, I hope they scrounge up a "base" for the Shaman class like they do with the others. It's kinda not fair.

I just RP that my shaman takes over the troll mound in the Druid Grove area. It would be nice if Beamdog fleshed it out a bit though.
    KamigoroshisemiticgoddessGallowglassGrammarsalad
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I think this is gonna be the Gazebo update.
    AnduinGrammarsalad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    gorgonzolaThacoBellArdulGrammarsalad
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    I'm just really hoping for a rework of the UI. Whether that's for 2.4 or 2.5 or whatever doesn't really matter. Right now playing the game is so unenjoyable for me that I just can't do it.

There's a ton of great suggestions in UI improvement forum, so hopefully some of that stuff will be implemented in the future.
    Ravenslight
    edited October 2016
    dib said:

I'm just really hoping for a rework of the UI. Whether that's for 2.4 or 2.5 or whatever doesn't really matter. Right now playing the game is so unenjoyable for me that I just can't do it.

There's a ton of great suggestions in UI improvement forum, so hopefully some of that stuff will be implemented in the future.

Just so long as any such changes are optional. There are just as many of us who like most of the new UI features and don't care for the proposed changes/returning to the old ways.
    Post edited by kanisatha on
    ThacoBell

I'm going to try and manage expectations around 2.4 a bit. We've been putting work into it over the last while, but the majority of our focus has been on another project. Our plans for 2.4 focus mainly on the bugfixing and tablet support side. The size constraints on tablet are daunting for SoD and we're committed to bringing the expansion to the tablet platforms.

@TrentOster I am thrilled beyond words that your focus is on a new project, which is exactly as it should be! I can't wait to hear more about it and eventually to get my hands on it! :smiley:
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited October 2016
    I guess those people hoping for SoD-references, tie-ins and characters/quest in BG2 are going to be a bit disappointed.
    markzakuThacoBellGrammarsalad
  • markzakumarkzaku Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2016
    Unfortunately, that's not very surprising news (especially after SoD's writers left), but it's still somewhat disappointing. I wonder if it was always intended for the Skie/Soultaker plotline to be left unresolved, or if any planned resolution for it ended up on the cutting room floor due to financial/time/developmental/etc. issues.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    looks like modders have a job to do then.
    Grammarsalad
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    @Papa_Lou @JumboWheat01 Well, @LavaDelVortel is on the job for those who want a shaman stronghold and shaman kits, his mods are pretty cool so you should keep an eye out for Will of the Wips release.
    gorgonzolaPapa_LouRavenslightGrammarsalad
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Somewhat disappointing to hear that the next update, for which we've been waiting patiently for a long time, will probably not address many longstanding issues
    markzakugorgonzolaAntipatikoFaydark
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    german original dubs in BG2 ... please, finally ... it's a loss, they are good, we are missing them.
  • AtroposAtropos Member Posts: 18
    @TrentOster thanks for the updates. I really hope that 2.4 can fix the remaining broken achievements on the Steam version of the game. I know achievements are a lower priority than content, but earning 100% completion on a game is a great way to show the gaming community how much you enjoy a title.

Currently, two achievements are still broken. I have linked the issues below which, unfortunately, haven't seen any activity in quite a while, so it looks like they may not be currently considered for 2.4 scope. Please consider including fixes for the next update!

Grim Deeds to Come: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/23918

You Chose ... Poorly: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/25716