Skip to content

EE Keeper for OS X via Wineskin

Comments

• demon9675demon9675 Member Posts: 30
    @AstroBryGuy Thanks for your response! I don't own BGEE so can't test (although may purchase it and SoD at some point).

I'll try a few Wine-related things, like updates and such, and see if I can fix this. Unsurprisingly, I seem to have encountered a bug that is exclusive to my specific laptop (not the first time this has happened with game modding/editing programs).
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited October 2016
    EE Keeper for OSX stopped working for me. If I run EE Keeper with a "filled" override folder the initial index process will not finish. EE Keeper consumes 100% of a CPU core and isn't reactive any more. With an empty override folder EE Keeper works fine. If I pack all mods in a DLC file (using @argent77 DLcbuilder) EE Keeper works too.

I'm running EE Keeper on MacOS 10.12 (sierra) on a Macbook Pro (2015).
  • solshersolsher Member Posts: 34
    Last version does not run on macOS Sierra, writes: "cannot write... be sure write mode turn on...".
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Hello all,

EEKeeper for OSX has been updated to the latest version of EEKeeper, v1.0.3.6.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/EEKeeper-OSX/releases/tag/v1.0.3.6
    solsher said:

Last version does not run on macOS Sierra, writes: "cannot write... be sure write mode turn on...".

I'm speculating here, but since this app is not signed, macOS Sierra should be invoking Gatekeeper Path Randomization. This feature runs un-signed apps from a random, read-only location, which would be a problem, since the first time the app runs, it creates a link to the Preferences folder for storing settings.

Unfortunately, I don't have macOS Sierra, so I can't really test this idea.

Hello all,

EEKeeper for OSX has been updated to the latest version of EEKeeper, v1.0.3.6.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/EEKeeper-OSX/releases/tag/v1.0.3.6

This update also solves my indexing problem with a "filled" override folder. Thank you so much.

solsher said:

If you disable Gatekeeper with

sudo spctl --master-disable

on the command line, EEKeaper can be installed and used as before. After installation you can enable the Gatekeeper again.
    AstroBryGuy
  • demon9675demon9675 Member Posts: 30
    Hi @AstroBryGuy,

Just letting you know I reinstalled Wine using Homebrew (before, I had simply used the method of downloading the Wine and Winebottler apps and dragging them to my applications folder) and reinstalled the latest version of EE Keeper (v1.0.3.6), and now save files load just fine! No more crashing.

Unsure whether the Homebrew reinstall of Wine or the update to EE Keeper did the trick, but I appreciate your help a few months ago anyway! Thanks for your hard work.
    Troodon80AstroBryGuy
  • chunkditchunkdit Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    I was trying to install the EEKeeper on my MacBook Pro - unfortunately I am new to macOS and I haven't used Wineskin before. Is there an instruction manual on how to use Wineskin and get the EEKeeper running somewhere? Once Wineskin is running I just don't know what to do. Thanks.
    Post edited by chunkdit on
    @chunkdit - If you try to launch EEKeeper and get an error saying its not from the Mac App Store and its not digitally signed, then the first time you run it, you need to Right click (secondary click) it, and select the "Open" option, and it will ask if you are sure... and you confirm you are sure.
    Troodon80
  • chunkditchunkdit Member Posts: 2
    @AstroBryGuy - I got it working, thank you very much. The main problem was to understand Wineskin to be honest. The EEKeeper works fine now, thank you very much.
    AstroBryGuy
    EE Keeper for OS X has been updated to the latest EE Keeper version (v1.0.4.0).

Download link: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/EEKeeper-OSX/releases/latest

Changes for 1.0.4.0 (PST:EE Compatible)
    • Support for reading a modular inventory based on the inventory slots table
    • Added option to add items as either a stack (e.g. 1 arrow or a full stack of 80); note: this does not apply to item charges, only stacks
    • Added Game Time, World Time, as well as being able to change the length of time a character has been in the party
    More information on v1.0.4.0 can be found on the main EE Keeper thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/883710/#Comment_883710

Many thanks to @Troodon80!
    StefanO
    edited June 2017
    A (very) small issue: The wineskin eekeeper windows can no longer be closed by

cmd-q

One has to click on the left upper corner button instead.
    It's a Wineskin thing, and not something I can change. It maps Cmd to Alt for WIndows apps. So, the keystroke for Quit in WIneskin is Option+Cmd+Q.
    Thanks. Good to know.
    You can also use Cmd+F4 (i.e., Alt+F4 in Windows) to close the app.
  • CaldenseCaldense Member Posts: 7
    First off -- thanks for all your work with this, Astro. Appreciate it!

I've used EEKeeper on a MacBook running El Capitan, and it worked great. But after upgrading to Sierra, I re-downloaded EEKeeper and... it just won't open. In fact, nothing happens at all. It does show up on the Activity Monitor, but beyond that, there's no indication that EEKeeper is running.

Any ideas?
    Try right-clicking on the app and selecting "Open". It may be GateKeeper blocking it since the app is unsigned.
    tbone1
  • GOdoGOdo Member Posts: 1
    Hello and thanks Astro for all your effort !

I have installed EEkeeper and entered the paths to the game and save, but then when i try to open a save on EEkeeper nothing shows off, as if i didn't had saves.
    I'm on El Capitan and downloaded from the Apple store.

Can you help me ? thanks ;)
    @GOdo - What do you have for the User Save Data Directory? If your saves are in "/Users/USERNAME/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save", then the User Save Data Directory should be something like: "Z:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition"

(note the lack of "/save" on the end)
  • solshersolsher Member Posts: 34
    EE Keeper does not start, macOS High Sierra.
  • jwwjww Member Posts: 34
    @AstroBryGuy - I am having the same issue as the previous poster, with EEKeeper not starting on High Sierra.

With EEKeeper 1.0.3.2a, the app actually starts on High Sierra, but then exits several seconds later, before bringing up the user interface. (this version had been working on my previous Mac, with an OS that was several versions out of date)

With EEKeeper 1.0.4, the app doesn't start at all.

Both versions have been allowed through System Preferences -> Security & Privacy (after you attempt to open an unsigned app, if you go to this panel, it will ask whether you wish to allow the app; should be similar to the right-click and 'Open' method described above).

Also tried "Open in 32-bit mode" and "Open in Low Resolution" in the 'Get Info' box, both separately and together, on both versions of EEKeeper, just in case, but they didn't affect the results.

I hope this information is helpful.
    @solsher, @jww - There is apparently a problem with Wineskin's GPU auto-detection and High Sierra. I've turned the auto-detection off, and wrapped up a new version - v1.0.4.0a.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/EEKeeper-OSX/releases/latest
    StefanO
    I'm having the same issue with v1.0.4.0a that I had with 1.0.4, with the app not starting at all. If there is any kind of debug output that I could provide that would be helpful, just let me know how to get it.
    @jww - Not sure what the problem is. Try this build instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcldmr08n4h574y/EEKeeper-OSX.zip?dl=0
    This newest build appears to be working on my computer now. Thank you!
    Glad to hear! I switched the wine-app wrapper to WineBottler, which seems to work better with Sierra/High Sierra.
  • pingscpingsc Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting stuck at the 'indexing resources' step-any ideas for a fix?
    edited November 2017
    @pingsc - what version of EEKeeper are you running? A similar issue was reported for older versions of EEKeeper, but was fixed in v1.0.3.6 or newer.

See @StefanO's comment above: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/835454/#Comment_835454
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • pingscpingsc Member Posts: 2
    I downloaded the latest version (v1.0.4.0) from the link you posted above.