Skip to content

Thief set traps ability in BG:EE

Since I have never used characters that could set traps, I have a few question regarding the thief trap mechanics in the EE 2.0

1) What is the range an enemy triggers the trap if you want to lure him into it?

2) I have read you cannot set traps if there are hostile creatures nearby. What is this distance?

3) Does laying down a trap break invisibility (spell)?

4) Can you set several traps on top of each other?

5) Does resting remove the traps? What about leaving the area and coming back?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    1) I think maybe 15-20ft
    2) sight range
    3) yes
    4) yes
    5) no and no

Traps are incredibly useful for any fight that can be prepped for as you can have up to 7 traps on top of each other if you rest enough.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It is just about the only reliable way to kill Drizzt anymore too...
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Tresset
    I think so of his items we can no longer use (tailored for him alone).
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited October 2016
    @Bubbles No... He still drops his swords and his armor and they are still usable by your party. I believe the change you are thinking of was that he was made to actually dual wield his swords and not an old creature only weapon from vBG1 that was made just for him in order to simulate dual wielding (since there was no dual wielding back then).
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Traps, my favorite nope button after too many reloads.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    There's a couple of particularly difficult enemies in SoD that traps can be useful against too.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Wowo
    Traps has always been very useful especially if a serious no reload and want to finish all major fights as well. I think throughout whole series, traps, if used appropriately is such a wonderful thing ^^ (LoB mode exception as it does crap damage to even the smallest of enemies that are with boss monsters)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Bubbles said:

(LoB mode exception as it does crap damage to even the smallest of enemies that are with boss monsters)

Fair enough, although bounty hunter's late traps (Maze and Otiluke's) may in fact be more useful in LoB, as you will have more time to kill enemies in groups, rather than everybody on the screen.