Skip to content

Hello! This is a bit embarrassing...

Since this was going to be my first playing a BG title I wanted to install some mods for my copy of BG:2 EE. But since I am not tech savvy at all I am having difficulty installing the latest version of WeiDU (version 240). The instructions im following say to "delete everything except README-WEiDU.html, WEiDU.exe and the examples folder. " but there isn't WEiDU.exe what should I do?

Comments

• Also to introduce myself my name is Scott and I am quite an open book feel free to ask me anything at all!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Okay, Scott... first question!

Do you want a :cookie:?
    Alabaster_scottdalcbarker15gorgonzola
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Hi Scott, welcome to the forums! I am not sure which specific mods you are trying to install but I believe you just need to get the weidu.exe file and rename it to the same name as the mod is using.

So, download weidu from http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg and from the archive extract weidu.exe; copy it to your BG2 directory where the mod files go and rename it to setup-204.exe or whatever the exact file name the mod is using. That file *is* weidu.exe, you just need to replace it.
    JuliusBorisovAlabaster_scottdal
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    welcome scott. i can relate. i'm not very tech savvy either.
    Alabaster_scottdalJuliusBorisov
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Welcome Scott!
    JuliusBorisov
  • cbarker15cbarker15 Member Posts: 38
    Hey Scott, I'm new to the game too.. the way I mod my BG games is using the Big World Setup.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44476/tool-big-world-setup-bws-mod-manager-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-trilogy-for-windows/p1

It's the most simple way I've found to get the mods you want.. I've never had to update Weidu.. All you have to do is choose the mods you want and follow instructions and it will download and install them for you. I don't know if this is what your'e looking for but I've modded my game without ever having to play with files in my BG directory.

JuliusBorisov
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Welcome Scott!
    JuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Wecome to the Forum and have fun! :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Everyone are like "welcome Scott!". And I'll just say Hi!
    JuliusBorisovsparkleav