Skip to content

BG/SoD/BGII v. 2.4 - what will it add/change?

Comments

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    kanisatha said:

dib said:

I'm just really hoping for a rework of the UI. Whether that's for 2.4 or 2.5 or whatever doesn't really matter. Right now playing the game is so unenjoyable for me that I just can't do it.

There's a ton of great suggestions in UI improvement forum, so hopefully some of that stuff will be implemented in the future.

Just so long as any such changes are optional. There are just as many of us who like most of the new UI features and don't care for the proposed changes/returning to the old ways.
    I'm just hoping for improvements to, at least, areas that are obvious problems. That doesn't necessarily involve reverting to the old ways, but personally, despite all the improvements the current GUI has brought, I prefer the old (1.3) GUI.

I would assume some details can be kept optional but I doubt Beamdog has the manpower or willingness to support two completely separate systems.

Well, the changes might never come anyway if the focus of the company is on a completely new project so I think I'm just gonna have to put my faith in modders.
  • cbarker15cbarker15 Member Posts: 38
    More player model customization like beards and such... one can hope lol.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I guess we're still in @JuliusBorisov's transition period ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    lefreut said:

Still no news about what changes/bugfixes we can expect in 2.4 ?

I guess we're still in @JuliusBorisov's transition period ;)

Well, answer that could be given was given on the 1st page of this thread.

"We've been putting work into it over the last while, but the majority of our focus has been on another project. Our plans for 2.4 focus mainly on the bugfixing and tablet support side. The size constraints on tablet are daunting for SoD and we're committed to bringing the expansion to the tablet platforms."

In another thread, the Mizhena update was also confirmed to be a part of the 2.4 patch.
    edited November 2019
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    And with that news I guess I'll update BG1 to the latest version lol. Didn't want to get halfway through and have 2.4 drop...
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    I just really want to see Icewind Dale updated, so we can get Shaman class there, and IWD-in-EET can get released.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Shaman class in IWDEE would be nice, wonder if it can be done next update..
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

We will be doing some UI fixes, but we are still sorting out our plan for the 2.4 update. At the moment most of our work is on another project.

@TrentOster if I might ask, can you tell us if this other project is the only other project currently in the works or if there are more than one project currently being worked on (not counting the three existing EEs of course)? :smile:
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254

I'm going to try and manage expectations around 2.4 a bit. We've been putting work into it over the last while, but the majority of our focus has been on another project. Our plans for 2.4 focus mainly on the bugfixing and tablet support side. The size constraints on tablet are daunting for SoD and we're committed to bringing the expansion to the tablet platforms.

Thank you for showing that you read and are active on the forums. On a side note please don't forget that you have quite a large fanbase of avid BG&BG2 players who would gladly appreciate some updates.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    And IWD players too! Don't forget that.

((Although I admit, I'm waiting for the major 2.0+ changes to come to IWD:EE first before I try it again...))
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Getting IWD up to 2.X would be awesome!
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2016
    kanisatha said:

@TrentOster if I might ask, can you tell us if this other project is the only other project currently in the works or if there are more than one project currently being worked on (not counting the three existing EEs of course)? :smile:

@kanisatha I don't remember where it was but I recall them saying something about having three projects in the works: a big one, a medium one, and a small one. I'm guessing this alternate project that they're currently focusing on is the medium one (my money is on Planescape Torment EE).

I'm a bit disappointed that 2.4 is taking so long (especially for Icewind Dale) and was even more disappointed when I saw the tweet that they had no plans to bring SoD content to BGII currently.
    Post edited by gugulug5000 on
  • KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    I'd pay for additional content in BGII even another expansion. Financial issues are no problems as you could crowd fund it. Obsidian did it to great effect with Pillars of Eternity.
    edited November 2019
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Optimistic bump for any updates
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited November 2019

Not sure what people are expecting from this update... I guess we'll see a tweaked and more pleasant UI in the Record screen and spellbook screens, and maybe s couple other places; and a ton of squashed bugs. That's it. What more do you want from a bug-fix point update??

I want IWD-in-EET :D
    I thought @swit said, that he would not work on it before IWD was brought into 2.x ? If you are right, that would be great.
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    What is the reason for delaying the 2.4 patch considering multiplayer is still MAJORLY broken.... I mean the way it is now I can barely see games/connect, and when i do there are hang ups/stalls/crashes.... and the game goes unresponsive when the world map is open... Or the world map closes very fast on its own before i can even click on the destination I want to go. Myself and the person i'm trying to play with have both tried reinstalls/updating as much as possilbe but no change. Please don't continue to leave these issues on the back burner...
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Aaezil said:

What is the reason for delaying the 2.4 patch considering multiplayer is still MAJORLY broken.... I mean the way it is now I can barely see games/connect, and when i do there are hang ups/stalls/crashes.... and the game goes unresponsive when the world map is open... Or the world map closes very fast on its own before i can even click on the destination I want to go. Myself and the person i'm trying to play with have both tried reinstalls/updating as much as possilbe but no change. Please don't continue to leave these issues on the back burner...

I've been on a little break from the BG games, as I tend to do between playthroughs, but last time I played multiplayer there were no such issues. Perhaps I was just lucky, but the game was perfectly playable for me and the other four people.

Also, I don't think Beamdog is putting anything on the back burner. I could certainly be wrong about this, but I seem to remember them saying they were currently working on a major project as well, and I can only imagine that, as a game company, their main focus would be their bigger projects.

We'll get 2.4 eventually, we just need to be patient. The game is amazing as is, it's not like we're stuck with an unplayable game.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I should also add that, I never experienced much difficulty playing on multiplayer, but I also never played much multiplayer at all. I think the furthest I got in a multiplayer game was just after leaving the Nashkel mines.

In my opinion, the BG games are a much better experience as single player games.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I agree and all my runs went great on single player, spend the time on more games or more content for the existing ones
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    2.4 will add a truck to the bridgefort map, when you search it you get a mew! wait...
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    News? ETA?