Skip to content

Halloween - are you dressing up this year?

13»

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I had candy-hand-out duty this year and, like usual, I had Marble out while doing it. Most of the kids were quite interested in her and I got quite a few complements about her too. :) There were a few that seemed a little bit frightened of her, but not too many. Marble was quite well behaved tonight. She was resting with the front half of her body on my forearm and hand and the back half hooked on my sleeve and in my shirt. She was actually so still that a lot of the kids were not sure if she was real or not. The only problem was that I had to keep my arm and hand in the same position for about 2 hours and I have quite the cramp there now that I am done...
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    No kids showed up in my neighbourhood this year. That means more candy for me, though!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2016
    Yea only like 8 kids showed up at my house. Sad fact about changing demographics. :(

More candy for me though :)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I ignore Halloween these days much like I ignore virtually every other holiday people typically observe. They are all so trivialized and commercialized that nothing is left except noise and nonsense. The only reason I look forward to most holidays any more is because I get to volunteer to go to work and earn double time pay.

As far as Halloween and its traditions are concerned, though, the old fashioned days of door-to-door trick-or-treating a long gone--many people consider the risks to be too significant to ignore. Instead, most people attend centralized trunk-or-treats, a mini-fair with candy being doled out of the back of a car in the parking lot of a church or school.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    We had a lot of kids at my place. We bought 3 bags of candy and went through 2 and bit.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The little monsters were coming out of the woodwork.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    My kids dressed up as a panda and a fireman. Fitting for the two little munchkins.