Skip to content

Future projects

So the beamdog twitter's last post was Jun 26th....... I guess I haven't been keeping up but is beamdog still active. Do they still have employees and daily work they are cranking out?
I loved SOD. Loved it. I'd hate to think the things I am into aren't viable economically.
But it sure seems that way.
Is there anything in store for us isometric classic DnD style fans. I thought the plot of SOD was great, I was a little disappointed with the linear style of it but otherwise its a great game.

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    It shall be the greatest game of pong this side of anything.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    It'd have to be 4-d pong, because 3-d pong is awesomesauce over 2-d pong.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    You can use assets from BGEE!
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266

It'd have to be 4-d pong, because 3-d pong is awesomesauce over 2-d pong.

OMG I just had an amazing idea, for a 3D version of Pong as a VR augmented reality game. With today's hi-def displays, we could make the ball so realistic you can practically reach out and touch it. And we'll class with controllers purpose-built for this game - made of artisanal pinewood and coated with organic rubber. (Wireless, of course.) We'll go simple and classy with the branding, just call the controllers "The Paddle." We could even sell a special table to play on, for use just with this new Pong game. I like green, what do you think of green?

Quick, call a cab, I need to go to Kickstarter!
    Just a little bit of legal advice: put a "ping" in the front of your game's name, just so as to avoid any proprietary rights issues with Beamdog's new Pong: Enhanced Edition game. Could be a little messy, otherwise.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Sorry, I don't have any money to throw at you, but here, have some cheese instead.

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *throws :cookie:s at @subtledoctor*
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944

@mashedtaters GENIUS. "Ping Pong" it is. It has a sing-song quality - not sure why.

Okay, now somebody start throwing money at me.

I will make a sequel entitled the "King Kong" with "Ping Pong" and sing-song quality but with reused assets.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @brus
    Perhaps this would benefit your creative process: