Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    So I take it it would be possible to create a fighter/avenger multi class? I have always been curious as to how that would play.

I take it you would still be limited to Druid weapons and leather armour?

Would it be possible to make an evil one to utilise the human flesh armour?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    What would be required to change a character's kit with EEKeeper?

Could one simply when recruiting the NPC, open EEKeeper, change the kit, reload, then level the character up? Or would all the bonuses up to then need to be adjusted.

Say I run into Imoen at the Lion's Way. Could I simply give her, say, Swashbuckler? Or should I also make sure she has that extra +1 AC, and that she doesn't have Backstab? If so, how?
    That was more of an example, though. I wanted to see Jaheira as a Fighter/Totemic Druid. Could of course make her a single class Totemic Druid, but that feels a bit cheaty.
  • nilfalasielnilfalasiel Member Posts: 4
    First of all, thanks a lot for your hard work trying to create a substitute for Lv1 NPCs! I just have one question: I understand that there's an option to simply drop characters to level 1 without changing their kit. But if I do that, then remove that character from the party, then go back to pick them up again later (I do that a lot), will their EXP stagnate? Lv1 NPCs had an option to realign NPC EXP to your own whenever they rejoined the party, and that was one of the main reasons I used it. Is that possible with this mod?
    edited August 2016
    @nilfalasiel: The NPCs are scripted to receive an amount of experience based on Charname's experience the first time they arrive in the party. Once they've been in the party, they don't gain this experience boost at a later time. Likewise, wizards don't receive a boost in starting spells, either.

Note that this script does not exist for Imoen (you're assumed to have her join the party before the first XP bump comes around). Also, there is a bug in the script, in that it does not register when charname is between 1000 and 1999 XP. As long as you pick up characters while you're over 1000 XP, and kick them out before you hit 2000 XP, they will receive an XP boost the next time you run into them.

Actually this option is no longer there. The basic workings of the mod have changed, now kit changes happen in-game, not during the Weidu installation. It's a much more flexible system in general, but it loses the "drop to level 1" option.

Ah, I see. Do you think there's a possibility that you'll add it back in somewhere down the line? If not, I guess I'll have to keep waiting for an update to Lv1 NPCs. The "drop to level 1" option is too valuable for me to pass up, unfortunately :/

It's not exactly that, but I just use BG2Tweaks/Tweaks Anthology's "TOB-style NPCs."

What does that do? I remember having it installed, but I'm not sure I ever figured out what it did, precisely.

Hmm...I guess that's not too bad.

Oh yes, another question: it possible to reassign proficiencies with your mod? Or is it really just kits?

My main problem is that, especially in BG2, I mix and match my party a lot so that I can do NPCs' personal quests (for EXP), which would mean EXP gaps when I get my final party together, if there's no way for me to realign their EXP with my character's. That's really why Lv1 NPCs was such a handy tool for me.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    You can use the console to set their xp to your own anyway.

C:SetCurrentXP() after selecting the npc.
  • psycrospsycros Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2016
    Here's a weird one: none of the characters whose classes I changed via NPCEE-BWS can memorize spells. Khalid is CLR/RGR and Imoen is MAG/THF and they have no icon boxes for spells. Any chance this might be a conflict with the UI changes from EE UI Tweaks? I wouldn't think so but when I hover on the memorization boxes for characters that still have them I get no pop-up descriptions. Also, my main char doesn't get the option to identify items even when he has the spell memorized (its greyed out). As usual, I'm clueless and any thoughts are appreciated.
    Post edited by psycros on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    Any chance of adding compatibility to SoD NPCs?
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    strange bug: I've change imoen to a bard but her kit options are those for a thief.
    I installed the kits feature before installing the class changes. I verified that if I install in the "right" order it works as expected. However, perhaps unrelated but still a problem, Imoen starts level 1 able to memorize a spell for each level.
    Fyi, I'm playing bgee 1.3 on Android with rogue rebalancing, item revisions, spell revisions, SCS, tweaks and npc_ee
    Excellent. Thanks for the mod!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Didn't you have this Wild Sorcerer kit idea? Or did you cancel that?

Perhaps it may be an issue to hard-code the sorcerer options? Or alternatively, provide a warning that choosing a Mage kit for Sorcerers doesn't work as intended?
    Any chance you could add an option for valygar as a fighter? That way we can dual him to thief as an alternative to the multi class option already provided.