Skip to content

Did Beamdog Start A Trend?

2»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Just thought of another game that really need an EE: Moonstone! Man, that was a great game of its time.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

One game I'd love to see enhanced is Drakar och Demoner: Själarnas Brunn, or more commonly known as Dragonfire on the international market. I mean it has humanoid ducks for Juiblex sake! Humanoid. Ducks (!)

Watching a let's play of it now and it's hilarious! I don't remember this game at all. It's so funny to hear it in swedish, haha.. all the lines are read by the voice actors in a ridiculous, theatrical way that make it sound like a parody.
    KamigoroshiCrevsDaak
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Kamigoroshi Is it at all related to the universe that King of Dragonpass takes place in?
    CrevsDaak
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @ThacoBell No, Drakar och Demoner: Själarnas Brunn (internationally published as Dragonfire: The Well of Souls) does not share the same roots as King of Dragonpass. The former plays in an world called Ereb Altor, while the latter takes place in Glorantha. They're completely different IP's made by different people, in different corners of the world. If anything, it shares more similarities to old AD&D settings like Greyhawk or the Forgotten Realms.
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak

@ThacoBell No, Drakar och Demoner: Själarnas Brunn (internationally published as Dragonfire: The Well of Souls) does not share the same roots as King of Dragonpass. The former plays in an world called Ereb Altor, while the latter takes place in Glorantha. They're completely different IP's made by different people, in different corners of the world. If anything, it shares more similarities to old AD&D settings like Greyhawk or the Forgotten Realms.

I was thrown off because they both have warrior duck people.
    KamigoroshiCrevsDaak
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564

It would be cool to get enhanced editions for old Might & Magic games one day, but I doubt it will happen.

The Gold Box games come to mind as well, but I wager that is little more than a pipe dream :(
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Runequest had ducks as a playable race. Anyone else old enough to rember Runequest?
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak
    There need to be more duck races in settings.
    CrevsDaak
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Varwulf said:

The Gold Box games come to mind as well, but I wager that is little more than a pipe dream :(

If you mean the old D&D titles then yes, that would be awesome. I played the crap out of the Pool of Radiance series. The Krynn series was pretty good too.

Varwulf
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Kotor and Kotor 2 would be awesome on a modern game engine.
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak