Skip to content

I'll give them credit, they've got balls...

TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
I messed with mods to make the vampire race show up on the records screen as in BG2EE and gave it to my PC. It, uh, results in some unintentionally hilarious moments in dialogue.

This lot just casually tried to waylay and mug a vampire:

Comments

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Did just that way back on BGT when vampires weren't even a playable thing.
    There are lots of hilarious moments, in BG2 as well :smirk:
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    May I ask what GUI mod you are using? It looks awesome!
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @CrevsDaak Dragonspear UI

@semiticgod Yeah, but with most unusable races (except tiefling) you usually just get a blank space where your race would be displayed, even in dialogue. I added the vampire race to the racetext.2da file in BGEE so the name would display and this was an amusing side-effect. You could substitute vampire with drow, kobold, doppelganger, etc. as well.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Artemius_I thank you!
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited November 2016

Certain dialogues use a placeholder for the character's race, and will therefore always display the exact name of your race. They could even recognize if you were a doppelganger.

actually there seems to be requiring an extra little something for that to work. I assume beamdog enabled that diddly-thingie on [Vampire] because of Hexxat exclusively.

But any other monster race will just display a blank in a dynamic string text, as mentionned above.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Certain dialogues use a placeholder for the character's race, and will therefore always display the exact name of your race. They could even recognize if you were a doppelganger.

Yes, well, enough about the inexplicable incompetence of the Flaming Fist.