Skip to content

1043 Damage!

The user and all related content has been deleted.
mashedtatersgorgonzolaJuliusBorisovMush_MushGrumAerakar

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    But shadelord is already dead!
    I'm so confused!
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited November 2016
    Tresset said:

Yeah, most undead are immune to instakill effects. To get around this Sunray instead does 14d6+1000 magic damage to the undead that fail their save.

Which might not be enough in LoB, in some cases.

Your avatar brought some nice memories back by the way. Azure Drakes from Heroes of Might and Magic 3, if I'm not mistaken.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    No undead critter has more than 1000 HP even in Legacy of Bhaal mode, unless somebody mods in an SCS-style dracolich. Sunray will be an instant death effect regardless.

Note that SCS liches often buff with Protection from Magical energy and will therefore be immune to Sunray damage.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    edited November 2016
    @Tresset: Thank you for the explanation! I have often wondered where these 1000+ points come from.

As a side note, I would like to draw everyone's attention to Miette's portrait in the OP. It's excellent. Never seen that before.
    [Deleted User]
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    [Deleted User]CvijetaSCARY_WIZARDVarwulf
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Aw. I thought this was a cleric/thief backstab thread.
    GodAerakar[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARD
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    If you want to do that much damage with a backstab you need to have a bard helping out ...
    Kurona
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Grond0 said:

If you want to do that much damage with a backstab you need to have a bard helping out ...

And dual to cleric from Assassin at level 21...
    God
  • AdaJAdaJ Member Posts: 154
    edited November 2016
    Oh Lord, the Ion Cannon. Brings back so many memories of trolling my friends with it...

"Damnit! Your construction yard survived my orca rush into your base." *waits for him to repair until about half health* *ion cannon* "Opps!" *cue epic rant*
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    If you think about the RL physics of it, an ion cannon should be quite a lively weapon in a space battle, but in an atmosphere it'll basically just convert itself into a Lightning Bolt once it gets a few inches from the nozzle. Not a bad weapon, but not dramatically new to those of us who have played magical fantasy games!
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

If you think about the RL physics of it, an ion cannon should be quite a lively weapon in a space battle, but in an atmosphere it'll basically just convert itself into a Lightning Bolt once it gets a few inches from the nozzle. Not a bad weapon, but not dramatically new to those of us who have played magical fantasy games!

You have lost me in your words, but boo says you are just ducky
    Gallowglassmashedtaters