Skip to content

Button order preference

2»

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    BillyYank said:

I think we should be keeping muscle memory in mind here. Anyone who's spent a lot of time working in Windows is naturally going move down and right when they're finished, whether they're planning to hit OK or Cancel. So if we're going to stick with the symmetrical buttons, I think the button to the right should be the one that's most likely to be the one the player wants to hit.

I'm a Windows user myself, and I'm much more inclined to reach for the left button, rather than the right. Yes, in Windows, the buttons are usually more to the right, but not always. Popups still have Yes/OK on the left and No/Cancel on the right, even though they're in the middle of the screen.

To me, it's not so much the general location of these buttons, but their position in regards to the other button(s).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Hehe. That is funny because while I agree with your first statement, ui design says you look at the left box first so have that be the acceptance button.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    How about defining button order dynamically, depending on the detected platform or baldur.lua option? That should please (almost) everyone.
  • qwerty123456qwerty123456 Member Posts: 67
    RIght, left... Just make sure Enter and Escape work.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Why "Done" and "Cancel"? Why not "I'm Outta Here"and "Fugeddaboutit"? And while we're at it, why North, South, East, and West? That's old fashioned.