Skip to content

TakeCreatureItems()

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
The code is

TakeCreatureItems(LastHeardBy(Myself),ALL)

For some reason the items become undroppable. Anybody know why or what to do about it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GrimLefourbeLavaDelVortelCrevsDaak
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited December 2016
    If your toilet leaks because it's old, are you going to just sit there in a pool of shit and philosophize or will you try to plug it and make it work?

And I'm only answering you because you set a fine example of a wrong attitude. I'm addressing my questions and my proposals to people who are the opposite of this whole long post.

So, does anybody know what may be done about those items?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    I do not get this behavior when using TakeCreatureItems(), the items retain their current flags.
    How/where are you using it?
    A clone does it on a creature calling to it. It's supposed to be a chain of clones, each one taking the items from the previous one. But there really seems to be nothing special about clones outside of the COPY script name they all have and extra effects applied by SIMULACR.SPL, MISLEAD SPL etc. Nothing unusual that I notice about their CRE files, at least. I should try having a regular character do it.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Using Images would be the problem, they do a lot more than advertised in IESDP, one of which is flagging all their items as undroppable, to prevent you from looting/pickpocketing them.
    CrevsDaak
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    It makes sense that a simulacrum's items would be flagged undroppable. Otherwise, when a simulacrum were killed, it could drop copies of all the items in the caster's inventory.

It could be controlled by the engine checking for the PUPPETTYPE Stat ID.
    CrevsDaak
    edited December 2016
    So if PUPPETYPE is set to 0, which is "talkative, uncontrollable", can that make the clone a normal creature?

I'm actually pursuing a different line now, cloning with CreateCreatureObjectCopy(S:ResRef*,O:Object*,I:Usage1*,I:Usage2*,I:Usage3*), because this one comes with the script name, and that's crucial for romances, NPC-specific dialogues and so on, but still thanks for the information. Hopefully the flag won't be a problem with creatures spawned this way. Regular clones are still useful, but not if you want a clone to follow you in the party, join the conversation etc.

But, @kjeron, a simulacrum is copied with all items in a normal state, at least they become normal once you've got the clone to join. If you kill it before, then they vanish, but afterwards, you can have both hands replaced with the Claws of Kazgaroth if you like. :) The problem comes up when I order a further clone - clones of clones come stripped - to take the items of the previous one. Well, this poor sucker does, but though they end up in the inventory, and equipped in the same places, they are undroppable.
    Post edited by chimeric on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on