Skip to content

[MOD] EEUITweaks Mod Collection - All EE (v2.2+) Platforms

Comments

• AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    I've just updated 1.7 to 1.7.1; removing, as requested, "lefreut's Box 5 (Dialog Box) Override". It also includes a tweak to "Feedback Buttons Hack" for Dragonspear UI++ that lines everything up a little nicer.

I've just been informed by @ALIEN that BiG World Setup has been updated to support EEUITweaks 1.7.1 - without the manual UI.MENU extraction requirement, of course.

A couple of things BWS users should be aware of:

First, BWS exclusively makes use of ModName/backup as the backup destination. So you should not make use of the EEUITweaks download found in the first post of this thread. Use the BWS download - the two are identical in everything except the backup location. After the initial BWS setup, you can use the version of EEUITweaks it installs to add/remove/re-install components manually just as with the package above.

The other thing to watch out for is when installing EEUITweaks components on 'full UI.MENU' replacement environments (e.g. Dragonspear UI++). The BWS conflict logic is largely driven by the engine platform (bg1ee, bg2ee, eet), whereas EEUITweaks.tp2 uses not only the engine but other things (particularly the existence of particularly named files) to identify the UI.MENU 'flavor'. Thus, it is possible to select and attempt to install components on non-supported configurations. The installation will fail (EEUITweaks.tp2 ensures that), BWS will allow you to proceed after the failure, but it will be a tedious mess that sort of defeats the purpose of BWS. So, I'd recommend taking a look at the components table above and check the supported environments prior to using BWS.

One last item - My thanks to @ALIEN for the work invested in making this work and the patience shown waiting for me to come up to speed on the BWS files formats and syntax.

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited October 2016
    From my side, huge thanks goes to @AncientCowboy for providing not only comprehensive component conflicts but actually a list of them using BWS format from Docs/faq.htm You rock!

As soon as someone create mod request template for Dragonspear UI++, we can implemented cross-mod-components conflicts and dependence in order to avoid duplicated/unnecessary/incompatible components between all GUI mods B)

Version 1.8

This version includes four new mods:

• Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller
    • lefreut's Improved Record Screen
    • lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks
    • lefreut's Improved Fonts

In addition, Leveling Progress Bars had to be modified to accommodate lefreut's Improved Record Screen; and a bug in ACuimenulib:UIMenuReplaceMenuMixed was fixed. Finally, the EET specific installation code was updated for RC 7.1 (see note below).

The decision to package the 'Customize' and its subordinate screens separately from the Record Screen and its other (non-Customize) subordinate screens was made based on some of the Customize subordinate screens appearing in contexts other than the Record screen. Due to personal preference or conflicts with other mods, some folks may prefer/need to install only one of the two packages. If you choose to install either, or both, of these packages, please look at Notes 2 and 3 on the second page (Mods Table) above.

Similarly, as font face/size preference can be very much a matter of personal taste - the BG2EE 1.3 style font set that lefreut created is packaged individually.

EET Users - EET 1.0 RC 7.1 changed the way in which full UI.MENU replacement packages are installed. While this is a great improvement (it really made my testing routine a lot less tedious), it also changed the mechanism by which WeiDU based UI mods/collections (like EEUITweaks) determine what main UI package has been installed. This version of EEUITweaks uses the new RC 7.1 method. Thus it won't reliably work with versions of EET prior to RC 7.1.

Enjoy!

lefreut
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    is the improved records screen supposed to not install with bg1ee. it seems to just skip it same goes for improved fonts.
    Those mods are only compatible with BG2 style UI's - BG2EE, Kerozevok's BG2EE to BGEE, and the BG2 UI for EET. They are in fact just extractions from Lefreut's enhanced UI 'full UI.MENU' mod - which is currently BG2/EET only.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited December 2016
    I just realised the auto roller isn't available for EET non SoD UI, is there a reason for this ?

Actually I guess, it's because Faydark's UI only had the SoD one and the layout of the non SoD UI is different. Would need new coordinates for the new button I guess.

Edit : Well I ended up doing it myself, it's a little bit more work than I thought because the BG2 background doesn't let near as much freedom with new columns but here's my Chargen_Abilities menu right now :smile:
    menu
    {
    	name 'CHARGEN_ABILITIES'
    	align center center
    	ignoreesc
    	onopen "ticksPassed = 0; ticksStarting = 0"
    	label
    	{
    		area 0 0 1024 768
    		mosaic 'GUICGB'
    		enabled "CurrentlyInGame()"
    	}
    	label
    	{
    		area 0 156 1024 612
    		mosaic GUISMDB
    	}
    	label
    	{
    		area 20 174 496 48
    		text "ABILITIES_TITLE"
    		text style "title"
    	}
    	list
    	{
    		column
    		{
    			width 60
    			label
    			{
    				area 0 0 290 55
    				text lua "t(chargen.ability[rowNumber].name)"
    				text style "normal"
    				align right center

}
    		}
    		column
    		{
    			width 13
    			label
    			{
    				area 0 0 90 55
    				text lua "chargen.ability[rowNumber].storedRoll"
    				text style "normal"
    				align center center
    			}
    		}
    		column
    		{
    			width 11
    			label
    			{
    				area 0 0 50 55
    				text lua "chargen.ability[rowNumber].roll"
    				text style "normal"
    				align center center
    			}
    		}
    		column
    		{
    			width 9
    			label
    			{
    				area 0 6 45 42
    				bam GUIOSW
    				frame lua "currentCellCheck(4)"
    				sequence 0
    			}
    		}
    		column
    		{
    			width 14
    			label
    			{
    				area 0 6 45 42
    				bam GUIOSW
    				frame lua "currentCellCheck(5)"
    				sequence 1

}
    		}
    		action 
    		"
    			if ticksStarting < 10 then
    				if cellNumber == 4 then
    					createCharScreen:OnAbilityPlusMinusButtonClick(currentChargenAbility, true)
    				elseif cellNumber == 5 then
    					createCharScreen:OnAbilityPlusMinusButtonClick(currentChargenAbility, false)
    				end
    			end
    			cellNumber = nil
    			ticksPassed = 0
    			ticksStarting = 0
    		"
    		actionUpdate "
    			ticksStarting = ticksStarting + 1
    			if ticksStarting > 10 then
    				ticksPassed = ticksPassed + 1
    				if ticksPassed > 7 then
    					if cellNumber == 4 then
    						createCharScreen:OnAbilityPlusMinusButtonClick(currentChargenAbility, true)
    					elseif cellNumber == 5 then
    						createCharScreen:OnAbilityPlusMinusButtonClick(currentChargenAbility, false)
    					end
    					ticksPassed = 0
    				end
    			end
    		"

rowheight 52
    		hidehighlight
    		area 24 252 496 320
    		table "chargen.ability"
    		var currentChargenAbility
    	}
    	label
    	{
    		area 152 568 186 54
    		text "TOTAL_ROLL_NORMAL"
    		text style "normal"
    		text align right center
    	}
    	label
    	{
    		area 385 568 50 54
    		text lua "chargen.totalRoll"
    		text style "normal"
    		text align center center
    	}
    	label
    	{
    		area 434 572 82 50
    		text lua "chargen.extraAbilityPoints"
    		text style "normal"
    		text align center center
    	}
    	label
    	{
    		area 340 568 50 54
    		text lua "storedTotalRoll"
    		text style "normal"
    		text align center center
    	}

text
    	{
    		area 582 196 404 400
    		text lua "abilityOrGeneralHelp()"
    		text style "normal"
    		scrollbar	'GUISCRC'
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		area 536 642 142 40
    		bam GUIOSTSM
    		sequence 0
    		text "AUTO-REROLL"
    		text style "button"
    		action "
    			if rolling == 1 then
    				rolling = 0
    				createCharScreen:OnAbilityRecallButtonClick()
    			else
    				chargen.ability[ 1 ].exceptional = tonumber( string.sub( chargen.ability[ 1 ].roll, 4 ) )
    				if chargen.ability[ 1 ].exceptional ~= nil then
    					if chargen.ability[ 1 ].exceptional == 0 then
    						chargen.ability[ 1 ].exceptional = 100
    					end	
    				else
    					chargen.ability[ 1 ].exceptional = 0
    				end
    				storedTotalRoll = chargen.totalRoll
    				rolling = 1
    			end"
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		mosaic lua "UpdateAutoRoll()"
    		area 1 1 1 1
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		area 378 642 142 40
    		bam GUIOSTSM
    		sequence 0
    		text "REROLL_BUTTON"
    		text style "button"
    		action "createCharScreen:OnAbilityReRollButtonClick()"
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		area 60 642 142 40
    		bam GUIOSTSM
    		sequence 0
    		text "STORE_BUTTON"
    		text style "button"
    		action "local exceptionalStrength = tonumber( string.sub( chargen.ability[ 1 ].roll, 4 ) )
    				if exceptionalStrength ~= nil then
    					if exceptionalStrength == 0 then
    						exceptionalStrength = 100
    					end	
    				else
    					exceptionalStrength = 0
    				end
    				storedTotalRoll = chargen.totalRoll
    				chargen.ability[ 1 ].exceptional = exceptionalStrength
    				chargen.ability[ 1 ].storedRoll = chargen.ability[ 1 ].roll
    				chargen.ability[ 2 ].storedRoll = chargen.ability[ 2 ].roll
    				chargen.ability[ 3 ].storedRoll = chargen.ability[ 3 ].roll
    				chargen.ability[ 4 ].storedRoll = chargen.ability[ 4 ].roll
    				chargen.ability[ 5 ].storedRoll = chargen.ability[ 5 ].roll
    				chargen.ability[ 6 ].storedRoll = chargen.ability[ 6 ].roll
    				createCharScreen:OnAbilityStoreButtonClick()
    				"
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		area 220 642 142 40
    		bam GUIOSTSM
    		sequence 0
    		text "RECALL_BUTTON"
    		text style "button"
    		clickable lua "createCharScreen:IsAbilityRecallButtonClickable()"
    		action "createCharScreen:OnAbilityRecallButtonClick()"
    	}

button
    	{
    		on '8'
    		action "createCharScreen:OnCheatyMcCheaterson()"

}

button
    	{
    		on escape
    		area 194 716 232 44
    		bam GUIOSTUL
    		text "BACK_BUTTON"
    		text style "button"
    		action "Infinity_PopMenu(); createCharScreen:OnCancelButtonClick()"
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		on return
    		area 438 720 206 44
    		bam GUIOSTUM
    		text "DONE_BUTTON"
    		text style "button"
    		clickable lua "createCharScreen:IsDoneButtonClickable()"
    		action "Infinity_PopMenu(); createCharScreen:OnDoneButtonClick()"
    	}

}

It's far from looking perfect so someone with better knowledge of UI and aesthetics should make small fixes. The other modifications required are just the same as indicated for SoD GUI in Faydark's post. The right of the + button is cut but I haven't managed to just increase the size of the list without modifying everything else.

Here's how it looks :

Post edited by GrimLefourbe on
  • CanesCanes Member Posts: 29
    Question. Is Lefreut's Journal tweak coming anytime soon?
    I think he said in lefreut's post that's he's going to work on it but @AncientCowboy is busy these days so be patient. I'm also waiting to see if he incorporates the autoroller for other UIs.

On another note, when you have time, I think it would be a good idea to provide a guide on how to add tweaks so others could do more of the work required to add tweaks. The current model of using a big mod for complete reskins with all smaller tweaks centralized here is great.
    @Canes - Lefreut's Journal won't be in the next release (1.9) which will concentrate on updating/fixing existing mods and providing support for the various installations of LeUI. However, as you've asked for it specifically - I've added it to my 'ToDoList' spreadsheet. Assuming it isn't a 'killer', I'll try to get it into 2.0 (bug fixing has priority, obviously :smile: - and I notice that @Kilivitz has created a new 'Full UI.MENU reskin' that I'll need to support).
    @GrimLefourbe - I'm assuming you're referring to @Faydark 's auto-roller. Unfortunately, its code has support only for BGEE and SOD style UI's - nothing for BG2 style. Other than the inconsistent UI, there may also be issues with the data being shared/passed with/to other components. So adding support for more UI reskins is a bigger job than just writing WeiDU installation code.
    Kilivitz
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Here's one more person who's quite glad to hear that. Sounds like if I wait a bit, I should be able to get most of Lefreut's changes and the other mods I want just by running yours.

While you're doing error/bug checks, Lefreut's mod is supposed to be BGEE and BG2EE compatible, but I notice you have the record screen and a couple other things listed as BG2EE only. Is that just because Lefreut's only using the BG2EE skin?

While you're doing error/bug checks, Lefreut's mod is supposed to be BGEE and BG2EE compatible, but I notice you have the record screen and a couple other things listed as BG2EE only. Is that just because Lefreut's only using the BG2EE skin?

That's it. Mixing UI styles makes my Ancient Eyes bleed :smiley:
    edited December 2016
    @AncientCowboy Fair enough. Would it possible for me to use it on BGEE anyway, since I like the BG2EE UI, or will your mod automatically skip over it? Or alternatively, manually edit that part in afterward... Hmm...

Also, sorry, one more question. Do you know if the box 5 art from Lefreut would be compatible with the UI box tweaks? i.e. Could I get Abdul's buttons but with Lefreut's art? And, if so, when should I drop the box5 art in my override? Okay, so (to edit this yet again), I just read the note about box5 getting disabled for now. I'll have to see if it also breaks for BG2EE after my next update. Sigh. I like that art.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @AncientCowboy I'm pretty sure that anything that's compatible with B is also compatible with my GUI mod. The only exception would be Faydark's autoroller which works fine but will make the Abilities screen visually inconsistent. It'd be necessary updating a couple of text styles in the code.
    edited December 2016
    @AncientCowboy I actually edited my post with instructions to make it work on the BG2 style EET UI. It works the same but the UI elements aren't at the same place, you can see the screenshot in the spoiler tags on my previous post. Tell me if there is a format you would prefer for the BG2 style EET UI adaptation I have made.

I was also thinking of indications to make one of the Include files your mod uses. I made a small button to automate lore checking in my inventory and it could be nice to share it if I made more inventory ease button in the future. (It doesn't feel like it's worth a full component when it amounts to 15 lines right now)
    @Kilivitz - I haven't tested, but I suspect that EEUITweaks will indeed identify your UI as type B (vanilla SoD) - and at least attempt to install any mods that are 'B' compatible. It appears you may have done some testing on your own. If so, please let me know of any additional issues you encounter. It will help me get a 'jump-start' on specifically supporting 'Kilivitz's Revised Dragon Scale UI' :smile: . As for the text style changes for Faydark's autoroller - that is the kind of very trivial change for which I'm willing to ignore my 'don't mod the mods' rule. With @Faydark 's permission, of course.

@Ratatoskr589 - As it stands, EEUITweaks won't install Lefreut's Improved Record Screen on BGEE. Assuming you are not using BWS (which has it's own rather complex set of ordering/conflict rules) , and are willing to risk breaking things - you can edit EEUITweaks.tp2 (found in the EEUITweaks directory). Look for the appropriate entry (it begins with 'BEGIN @306000 DESIGNATED 2900' and has an 'ascii banner' above that identifies the mod). In it you'll find a REQUIRE_PREDICATE section that extends down to a line containing ') @27 // BG2 or BG2onSoD EETBG2'. Delete this entire REQUIRE_PREDICATE section, save, and give it a whirl. Good luck! Can't guarantee it will work - but EEUITweaks will attempt to install it.

@GrimLefourbe - First off, my apologies. I (mentally) lost the context of your prior comment. Your BG2 style implementation of Faydark's auto roller looks great. It's very consistent with the BG2EE style. Shouldn't have any problem getting it into 2.0. Concerning your new component(s); there are several very small, but useful, mods in EEUITweaks already. So don't hold back on that account. As for creating an include (.tpa) file - go for it. You'll want to spend some time looking at 'ACuimenulib.tph' in the 'lib' directory. It contains the high level macros (and some low level definitions) that are used by the .tpa files to manipulate UI.MENU. Have fun!
    @AncientCowboy Breaking my game with UI mods is one of my favorite pastimes so I'll have to give that a shot :) There's a reason I keep a backup copy of every mod I use. One last question then, what particular program (if any) do I need to open Tp2 files?

I'm in the middle of a BGEE run right now that I'd rather not muck up, but I'll let you know if it works as soon as I have the chance to try it.
    @Ratatoskr589 Any decent text editor will do. So long as it can (reasonably) deal with the different 'flavors' of line endings (MSDOS CR/LF and ANSI NL), you shouldn't have any problems.
    Notepad++ has a weidu highlighter extension made by Argent77 which probably makes it a good choice if you can use it.

I'll look if I have time to make the include file but tbh, I like UI mods because coming from Python i'm much more comfortable with lua than I am with weidu so I hoped you could make a simple "how to make an include file". No hurry though, it's not urgent by any means and i've got plenty of other things to do right now anyway!

Thanks for the inclusion of my tweak to the autoroller, feel free to readjust the positions, it's far from clean.
    @AncientCowboy Just wanted to let you know that editing the tp2 file totally worked. The record screen (and the customize while I was at it), both seem to work just fine on BGEE. There is a bit of a color change, but that's the only issue. Thanks.
    Glad to hear it! That particular mod doesn't have any platform specific installation code other than the 'go/no-go' predicate in the tp2 file. I should point out however, that many - if not most - mods have additional platform specific WeiDU code in their EEUITweaks/include/modname.tpa file. And it's usually considerably trickier to deal with than the tp2 code; which is usually limited to dealing with incompatibilities/dependencies/conflicts and then invoking the tpa.
    Don't worry. I don't plan to mess with anything else. Particularly since 50% of that comment was complete gibberish to me :)
    Aw ... the worst that can happen is you have to reload the code :smile:. I'm a big fan of the 'I wonder what happens if I ...' game!
    Well maybe at some point :). I did manage to accidentally install BG1 in 2 different places so I've got a built in back up if I screw something up.
    AncientCowboy

Version 1.9

This version includes the following changes:

• Created 'Portrait on Top' option for Leveling Progress Bar Tweaks and added support for the option to Mod Options/Progress Bars Options. Detailed in 'Leveling Progress Bar Tweaks' discussion topic.
    • Updated lefreut's 1.3-ish Dialog Box to make BG2 'flavor' consistent with LeUI.
    • Updated lefreut's BG2 Store Screen Tweaks to make it consistent with LeUI.
    • Added LeUI installations as supported EEUITweaks 'Full UI.MENU' platforms. Designated as platforms H, I, J, and K in the 'Current Mods' table in post 2 of this topic.
    • Added LeUI support to Mod Options, Transparent Sidebars, Feedback Message Box Buttons Hack, Simple Centered Dialog, Dee's Permanent Steal Button, and Leveling Progress Bar Tweaks and Options.
    • Various minor tweaks, polishing, and updates to the supporting code and structures.

As part of the update to lefreut's BG2 Store Screen Tweaks; that mod is no longer compatible with Mr2150's Auto-Identify Items (no place to put the 'Identify' button). If you have both installed from a prior release - please uninstall one of them prior to using the current version of EEUITweaks.

On the other hand, lefreut's 1.3-ish Dialog Box and Simple Centered Dialog are now compatible with each other (see Note 4 on page 2). The installation order for the 2 mods has been reversed to accomodate the requirement that Simple Centered be installed after 1.3-ish Dialog Box.

Enjoy!

Kilivitz
    Always glad to see an update. (Especially since I can't live without Portrait Picker so I'll be sticking with you over LeUI for now).

I did have one note. When I installed "Unhide Chargen Options" on my most recent BG2EE game, trying to start a new character froze my game. It may just have been a bad interaction with my other mods, but it refused to do anything and I eventually had to just force quit the game.
    @Ratatoskr589 - Well, I'm kind of flying blind here; but typically I've found that when the program just 'hangs' it's usually the result of a resource (graphic, font, string, etc.) that is referenced by UI.MENU not being able to be found by the underlying (engine) code. I would suspect any mod that references or modifies the same menus as 'Unhide Chargen Options', changes any of the same resources as 'Unhide Chargen Options', or which defines/changes/deletes classes, kits, or the descriptions and/or requirements of classes or kits.
    Considering how many kit mods I have (and the fact that I do a lot of requirement tweaks) I figured it was something like that. It's not a huge deal for me since I'm rarely flying blind these days.
    @AncientCowboy Quick question. Not sure if you can answer this but Mr2150 hasn't been around lately. Do you think I can edit the requirements on his portrait picker to work without SOD (similar to with Lefreut's option before)? I really prefer it to both the standard and the other one.
    @Ratatoskr589 - This is a case where the mod has additional conditional code (BG2 vs. SOD non-scaled vs. SOD scaled GUI) within the actual installation (vs. Go/No-Go) code. In particular, within EEUITweaks/include/Mr2150PortraitPick.tpa. It may be possible with a lot of 'fiddling' to treat BGEE as a BG2 style GUI: at least GUICGB.MOS (the main screen for BG2) exists as a resource in BGEE. However, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for the geometry being consistent with the BG2 version. And there may be other issues (Lua) as well.