Comments

• Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    Wow! most of the people in here seem to be rpg only fans :D
  • butcheredbutchered Member Posts: 16
    I really enjoy the Dragon Age games. Playing through them again
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77
    AION until BG EE will be totally fixed. ^^
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Awesomenauts, Bastion, Modern Warfare 1, Castle Crashers, Din's Curse, Dragon Age: Origins, Final Fantasy VII, Firefall Beta, Street Fighter IV, and StarCraft 2.
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    This week i am ob Ridge Racer Type 4 and Sonic from Sega Mega Drive Collection.
    Both games on PS Vita. Bought on PSN.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    Only thing i got going game wise besides BG at the moment is Far Cry 3, a nice change of pace from BG, quite enjoy it tbh.
    Saw some are playing civilization, god.. havent played that since i had Civilization 1 on a 386, half tempted to give it another go, but im terrible at most strategy games :)
    ginger_hammer
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    Planetside 2 and EvE Online. Oh and this BG:EE when it decides to work...
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    7/10 - The Witcher - I like it, but only got to the first city. Then i got kind of lost.

8/10 - Dragon Age: Origins - Playing through for the tenth time, love this game, but 3D is confusing.

5/10 - Runes of Magic - This kind of sucks, but it was fun to try it.

5/10 - D&D Online - This was disapointing

10/10 - Icewind Dale - This is my favorite game, and i just started a new game, must be my 20th playthrough

9/10 - Neverwinter Nights - Well I'm playing with the toolset, doesn't really count

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Icewind Dale 1&2 - I play both at least once per year :)
    Neverwinter Nights 2 - well, mostly to test my mods
    Heroes of Might & Magic VI - just love the Sanctuary faction
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown - couldn't resist :)
    Legend of Grimrock - if you ever played Dungeon Master, then try this!!!
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    ...Madden 2013

*Looks away in shame*
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Besides BG:EE, Planetside 2 has currently been sucking all my remaining free time. Never thought I'd be playing an MMO again, but they sure are nothing like a tradition grind fest MMO.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    God of war 2, xcom. IMHO xcom is hardest game ever I've played since 3th grade. 1 more hour and I can play BG:EE again~.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    BG:EE and Fallout 3 with a bunch of mods.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    BG:EE, FF1 DoS, and IWD

Also, just got done playing the demo for Age of Decadence. I can't wait until the full version is released.
  • KhemrikharaKhemrikhara Member Posts: 14
    So... it is currently holidays for university... which means PLAY ALL THE GAMES.

League of Legends occasionally.
    World of Warcraft occasionally.
    Final Fantasy X-2 and XII, whenever I am at my partner's house for the PS2.
    Dragon Age: Origins occasionally.
    I also have Warcraft III and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War installed to play with the BF occasionally.

And when the very infrequent mood strikes me, one of the following;
    Left 4 Dead 2, Counter Strike: Source, Civilization V, The Binding of Isaac, Darksiders, Team Fortress 2.

Phew.
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    edited December 2012
    I think you meant to say, "What games were you playing before BGEE came out"
    Left 4 Dead
  • ConphantusConphantus Member Posts: 51
    I play baldurs gate when I have access to my Ipad, Crusader Kings II when I have access to my PC and Fallout:New Vegas when I have access to my Xbox
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition PC / iPad Version,
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2016
    elminster said:

I'm playing Crusader Kings 2, and I'm waiting on Mass Effect 3 to arrive likely sometime tomorrow or thursday.

Thread necro!

Four years later and I'm still playing Crusader Kings 2

Just picked up the newest DLC. I have to say its probably the best one they've released in years. Plagues are just a devastating (but fun) mechanic.

So what other games are people playing these days ? :)
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    World of Warcraft, because once you have it, you can never escape the itch for more than 6 months. "Legion" hits on Tuesday, and it is heavily focused on class identity and lore, which has always been my favorite part of the universe, and has actually inspired me to get all 12 classes to 100, which wouldn't be possible, except for the fact that there is a pre-expansion Invasion event that makes it doable. I won't get all of them to max level, but I'll have about 7/12 with the other 5 right on the cusp if I keep grinding the next two days.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited August 2016
    My most played gamed recently isn't a roleplaying game, but a shooter game with lots of free-roaming possibilities, Far Cry 3. I like it for immersing myself in a different world where, if I'm too tired to advance the story, you can keep yourself busy with driving around the island, hunting animals and foraging plants and searching for hidden away ancient relics.

I'm looking forward to getting a new videocard - I've ordered an RX 460 (because of it's low power), which even though not a very fast card, will allow me to play Far Cry Primal. I'm very much in love with the mesolithic. I used to work in an open air museum, where near a small lake with reconstructed mesolitic dwellings, dressed in clothing made of deerskin, I told visitors of 'our' live in the mesolithic. Will be fun to play a mesolithic hunter/gatherer in a videogame.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm mostly playing Age of Empires 2 HD. Just bought it a month back having never played the original and I'm having a blast. I'm trying to get better so I can play multiplayer without getting humiliated :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2016
    Dark Wizard, a fantastic old-school hex-grid, turn-based fantasy strategy game for the Sega CD system, first released in 1994. @JLee and I once played concurrent runs together a couple of years ago.

Also I've gotten into Grim Dawn (Diablo style aRPG from the makers of Titan Quest), and I'll probably go back to finish with that after I get Dark Wizard out of my system.

One of these days, I want to try the new, updated version of Divinity: Original Sin, and the newest version of Pillars of Eternity, both of which I first played on older versions. (The newest versions are supposed to be better than what I experienced.)

I still want to finish Might and Magic X, too. I restarted so many times when I played it before, I've only gotten almost through the first area.

So many great games available nowadays, so few hours in a day. :)
  • gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    I had my doubts, but I am really enjoying the new Master of Orion game. I just wiped out the Silicoids, a favorite past time of mine. Not as good as MOO2, but much better than the horribleness that was MOO3.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I tend to re-play old games, figuring out how to screw around with the game engine. I tool around with Smash 64 a lot, created a Link's Awakening hack at (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1939/), and have done some weird stuff in other games in the past:

I invented the Fortify Fatigue trick in Oblivion, in which you multiply your weapon damage by dozens or hundreds by boosting your current Fatigue after reducing your base Fatigue to 1 (you have to damage your Strength, Agility, Willpower, and/or Endurance with Alchemy, and Absorb Attribute spells let you push them into the negatives). If you modify a base Fatigue of 1 with a 100-point spell, you'll do 101 times as much damage as normal.

I did a speedrun of Link's Awakening once, doing an all-Instruments run in 25 minutes with the screenwarp glitch (most runners using screenwarping just skip right to the final boss). My account on Youtube no longer exists, apparently, but you should be able to see it at (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhubummyet8j0l1/Link's Awakening Speed Run All Instruments Non-TAS, 25.54.wmv?dl=0). It's not tool-assisted, and it shows.
    bobmario511 did an earlier, tool-assisted run with similar routes here:

I've played through Paper Mario without using items, then without using badges, then without gaining any levels, and then without using the all-important Action Command.

I've beaten Sans in Undertale over a hundred times (I never deal the final blow, though; I always let him win in the end), and twice came within inches of doing it without getting hit once.

And after trying a no-grinding run of Dragon Warrior Monsters, it turns out the strongest monster in DWM for most of the game is a dumb-looking Florajay...

...because it has such an incredibly fast growth rate, combined with surprisingly high stats, and is so easy to get. Other notable contenders include the Grizzly, Floraman, Cactiball, Wyvern, Madgoose, and Shadow. It's actually much faster to get strong monsters by breeding fast-growing loser types than by trying to get high-end critters like Goldgolems, Goldslimes, and Deathmores.
    Nonnahswriter
  • AliensonAlienson Member Posts: 3
    Mordheim the City of the Damned; Wasteland 2
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    No Man's Sky mostly. Also a tiny bit of Banished for when I'm eating something and want a game I can mostly just watch if I set it to 1X speed. I had just started my first Pillars of Eternity game and was part way through a BG playthrough but then NMS was out and I had to stop both...I figure by the time I go back to them I'll have to start them both again from that special case of restartitis you get from being away from a file/character too long. :'(
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    I was playing Diablo 1 again (Hellfire) - It is awesome nostalgic-ness : )
    CrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Freespace. A friend of mine recently started playing it again so I have too.
    Cluas
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.