Skip to content

Help with 6th Party Member?

Hello everyone,

I have just started up a new run in Icewind Dale, and I am having a little trouble coming up with a sixth party member. I figured it would be fun to ask everyone to design a character for my consideration. When I pick the one I like, I will let everyone know.

Here is who I have so far:

Krina - female human paladin (undead hunter)

Dragos - male human paladin (undead hunter)

Splint - male dwarf cleric

Blak Kat - female drow thief

Moonarrow - male elf fighter/magic-user

???

I have my bases covered pretty well, I think. The undead hunters will come in handy when dealing with the copious amounts of undead in the tombs and the elven towers. I have a cleric, thief, and mage. The hunters, thief, and elf have missile weapons as well as their melee weapon.

Who should be the sixth member?

Create a character, as detailed as you want to, and after I get a bunch I will pick my 6th party member.
lolien

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Not very detailed, but I would think a bard/skald, a druid(or kit) or a sorc would all fit for different reasons. The cleric and thief may have to low APR to make a skald superior, but it usually fits thematically anyways. A sorc is, as always, almost too good for IWD, but since you have no single class arcane char, that would of course add alot of value for your team. Druids have great spells in IWD and would be a good addition to the team as well.
    lolien
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    druid or skald
    lolien
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    I'm going to also recommend druid. Druids have access to some stuff that your regular divine casters won't, like Entangle, which can be clutch in the right situation.
    tbone1lolien
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
    If you haven´t tried shamans yet, give one a go! Picking divine spells from the druid selection as you level up is great fun, and the summons, though random, can make battles easier. Also, the third good point of shamans is detect illusion which reveals invisible foes, though I don´t think there were many In ID. After all spells are cast, shaman can shoot arrows with shortbow, or maybe toss an axe or two. Melee is kind of last resort, yet with Iron Skins perfectly doable in a sense that shaman will get up to two spells cast while under attack.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    There's no shamans in IWD yet.
    lolien
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Cleric/mage? There's plenty of undead in IWD, IIRC, XYZ, PDQ, and adding another divine caster wouldn't hurt.
    lolien
  • cherryzerocherryzero Member Posts: 129
    Doesn't IWD EE have War Chant of the Sith for a bardsong? If so I'd go for a bard just for that alone, though their other songs are actually pretty useful too.
    lolien
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I also suggest bard. I prefer unkitted, but others get good songs too.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Bards are great at fitting into a last slot. They're flexible and normally have great Lore.
    lolienwubble
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    An unkitted bard is what that party needs, guaranteed.
    wubble
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited January 2017
    Svar said:

I'm going to also recommend druid. Druids have access to some stuff that your regular divine casters won't, like Entangle, which can be clutch in the right situation.

I actually find myself using sleep and entangle a LOT in IWD1 & 2. Seriously.

Bard songs are also a great addition, but I'd actually pick druid (since there's some overlap between bard and fighter/mage, imho).
    lolien