Skip to content

Give Hexxat Level drain ability

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
I find it out of character that my vampire character is the only one without level drain ability. Can it be given to hexxat? Either as Weimer did to valen (creating 2 claws dagger alike weapons only usable by her that upgrade as Hexxat progress in levels) or with an innate ability that make all hexxat attacks drain x levels per hit. for 5 rounds (an berserker variation, for example).

Weimer suggestion was more attuned to a vampire party member, but the second suggestion can give a bit more balance to the game (a limited berserker vampire innate ability use with a short time duration).
Abel

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @subtledoctor, in fact any natural weapon used by the vampire to hit someone apply level drain. When a vampire bit someone they damage the target constitution score, and that's already among Hexxat abilities.

here is an unnoficial source of this info.

Vampires of D&D aren't vampires of vampire: the masquerade or another bram stoker based vampire. They're undead directly connected with the negative energy plane, and that's what make ppl get level drained.

The only BG2 mistake with vampires is make the powerful ones with more than 1 atk per round apply energy drain on each attack, when only 1 level drain attack should be applied per round.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited September 2016
    @kamuizin
    Why only level drain?

Why not also:

- 100% resist cold
    - 100% resit electricity
    - 75% resist magic
    - Ability to turn into bat
    - Ability to turn into fog
    - Ability drain 50% her dmg as HP

And couple of other things that have experienced vampires in BG2.
    Hmm, maybe because it's all incredibly OP? :D

But I must admit that at least in one thing, you're right.
    Hexxat is NOT a vampire, her skills are not strong enough even for half-vampire.
    Currently is Hexxat only drugged gothic lady with an allergy to the sun.
    ( Is she a secret sister of Michael Jackson? :o )

P.S.
    To be honest, the whole Hexxat is incredibly stupid character.

1) Horrible image
    2) Horrible backstory
    3) Horrible character
    4) Boring quests
    Post edited by Edvin on
    SmilingSwordRawgrim
    Can someone bring valen mod back plz :'(:'( !!
    kamuizin said:

Can someone bring valen mod back plz :'(:'( !!

Yes, I can do that... :)
    I have not played original mode, but I know that it was quite popular, so it would not be a waste of time.

You strike me as an expert, can you tell me what was the number of the last release?
    Is it v45? ( http://www.weidu.org/valen.html )

P.S.
    Do you know any other quality "dead" NPC mods?
    I could revive more than one corpse...
    kamuizinMantis37
    @Kurona
    I absolutely agree.
    I think that Hexat should be fan service, which ended horribly wrong.

1) Let's do a sexy vampire! Players love things like sexy vampires! (Good idea)
    2) And she will be a thief because BG2 has no pure thief. (Good idea)
    3) Hmm, this concept is too much interesting, let's remove 95% of her vampiric powers. (WTF?)
    4) And give her the worst portrait of what you can find! (WTF?)
    5) And while we're at it, she will be lesbian! (WTF?)

And bad stats!
    And boring voice without emotion!
    And... and... and...

BTW: Hexxat was originally going to be an archer named Levess that was Neera's sister.
    Eventually Dave Gross came up with a "way cooler concept", essentially a vampire James Bond, and Hexxat was born.

Levess...
    This girl looks really interesting.
    kamuizinSmilingSword
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsalad
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2016
    @Edvin I rather like her portrait. It clashes with the original art style but the same is true for every EE character's.
    DJKajuru
    Kurona said:

@Edvin I rather like her portrait. It clashes with the original art style but the same is true for every EE character's.

Baeloth's and Clara's portrait are both high quality and perfectly fits to BG.
    @Edvin, the last time i played valen mod was on BG2 old version, so i don't remember well, but i believe v45 is the current one, yes.

While dislike her portrait, i have nothing truly against it. Just find it ugly in my view.
    Maybe those ring things in the neck bothers me a little, i don't know.

Maybe it's truly an cultural aspect of Chult, maybe it's beamdog taking an cultural and tribal aspect of real world africa and infusing into the game. Either way it's there to stay, so if anyone has an alternative portrait for Hexxat, give me a call plz :)!
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2016
    Edvin said:

Kurona said:

Lol no. Put all the portraits side by side and the difference is really obvious.

@kamuizin Isandir made an alternate, whether it's better or not is ymmv though: isandir.com/hexxat/.
    edited September 2016
    Kurona said:

Edvin said:

Kurona said:

Lol no. Put all the portraits side by side and the difference is really obvious.

@kamuizin Isandir made an alternate, whether it's better or not is ymmv though: isandir.com/hexxat/.
    Same problematic rings there!! But thx for the reply anyway.

I was really think here that something based in the Queen of the Damned from Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles could fit better Hexxat portrait:

mf2112
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    @kamuizin now you've gone reminded me Queen of the Damned existed, even worst you reminded me Anne Rice existed.

Shame on you.
    CrevsDaak
  • MakeAthkatlaGrtAgainMakeAthkatlaGrtAgain Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2016
    I was really think here that something based in the Queen of the Damned from Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles could fit better Hexxat portrait:

They should've gone all Twilight and gave her a werewolf boyfriend. Like had her do romantic dialog with Cernd. Also go as emo as Edward Cullen, which is very emo.

• EinhardtEinhardt Member Posts: 53
    Edvin said:

@Kurona
    I absolutely agree.
    I think that Hexat should be fan service, which ended horribly wrong.

1) Let's do a sexy vampire! Players love things like sexy vampires! (Good idea)
    2) And she will be a thief because BG2 has no pure thief. (Good idea)
    3) Hmm, this concept is too much interesting, let's remove 95% of her vampiric powers. (WTF?)
    4) And give her the worst portrait of what you can find! (WTF?)
    5) And while we're at it, she will be lesbian! (WTF?)

And bad stats!
    And boring voice without emotion!
    And... and... and...

BTW: Hexxat was originally going to be an archer named Levess that was Neera's sister.
    Eventually Dave Gross came up with a "way cooler concept", essentially a vampire James Bond, and Hexxat was born.

Levess...
    This girl looks really interesting.

I don't have a problem with 4) and I fail to see how is 5) a WTF.
    But 3) is really crappy. If she doesn't get everything that every vampires in the game has, she shouldn't be a vampire at all.
    @Einhardt
    Because "Lesbian Vampire" is something that occurs only in the worst and cheapest horror films.
    And I mean it literally.

[Deleted User]DJKajuru
    We had a lesbian vampire even before we had Dracula.
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48037.Carmilla

And I don't consider vampires (and werewolves) part of horror genre anymore.
    Grammarsalad
    I'm not a homophobe, but things like lesbian vampire or gay werewolf are simply wrong.
    It is a similar type of cheap fanservice crap, what you can see in Twilight.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    I really can't follow you on what's "wrong" about her being gay. (Other thaan that you can't play the romance with male characters ofc...)
    In any case though I don't see how anything discussed here should rightfully be a "feature request". This is clearly moddable stuff and should at best be a "mod request".
    GrammarsaladCrevsDaak
    OK. So Bram Stoker's Dracula was influenced by a cheap service crap. This is amusing.
    CrevsDaak
    Einhardt said:

OK. So Bram Stoker's Dracula was influenced by a cheap service crap. This is amusing.

And Walt Disney was influenced by hatred toward Jews.
    The fact that you disagree with something does not mean it's not true.
    Nobody is perfect.
    Yup, there was a fanservice of vampires before vampires were popular. Makes perfect sense.
    CrevsDaak
    edited December 2016
    Einhardt said:

Yup, there was a fanservice of vampires before vampires were popular. Makes perfect sense.

Actually, it makes perfect sense because vampires, ghosts and all sorts of monsters was incredibly popular during 19st century :p

Fanservice is not an invention of the 21st century. ;)
    edited January 2017
    Edvin said:

Actually, it makes perfect sense because vampires, ghosts and all sorts of monsters was incredibly popular during 19st century :p

Fanservice is not an invention of the 21st century. ;)

OK, then explain how not making Hexxat a lesbian make it less a fanservice crap. Starting from the "ideal" vampire that is certainly not crap in your opinion. Then Compare it to Hexxat's lesbian version and non-lesbian version, all other things remaining the same.

Actually if you think making a vampire lesbian is bad because it's something appearing in bad movies then Strahd should also be a bad character because a Dracula clone usually appear in bad movies. Turns out people love him and his setting.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I don't see what difference it would make if Hexxat wasn't lesbian. I just can't see it. I cannot disagree on the point of her not being a vampire because it's totally understandable (too OP/not accurate discussion, besides I'd doubt a D&D Vampire to behave in such polite manners IMO), but I don't get why she shouldn't be lesbian.
    Einhardt
    @CrevsDaak
    Okay, let's pretend for a moment that it's not complete crap.

1) It's unbelievable cliche.
    2) Bioware policy - At least one character MUST be gay / lesbian and at least one must be bisexual.
    3) She is NOT vampire! Her features and capabilities are not enough even for half-vampire!
    4) Her sexual orientation is not appropriate to her condition and character. She is evil immortal undead monster with dead wish... great time to start a romance! :D
    5) "Educational examples" = Anyone who is not heterosexual MUST be evil. Lot of game studios is doing this bullshit... :(

I'm not homophobe and in BG is a lot of characters that are suitable for changing their sexual orientation.

Nalia = Bisexual
    Aerie = Bisexual
    Haer'Dalis = Bisexual (Try to disagree!)
    Shar-Teel = Lesbian (Textbook example)
    Coran = Gay (I know that during the game he had several romances, but he simply look and acts like gay)

P.S.
    Dorn is also completely out of character.
    His sexual orientation is not suitable for his behavior.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I think I just lost brain cells reading the above comment...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Edvin yeah, I get your point, thanks for the clarification!
    Edvin said:

Haer'Dalis = Bisexual (Try to disagree!)

You're right! o.0
    Edvin
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    This topic has been known to generate much controversy in the past. Say whatever you like about Hexxat, positive or negative, but bear in mind that attacking other forumites for their views is against the Site Rules.

This is just a reminder, because this subject has degenerated into personal attacks before.