Skip to content

Any news on the IOS version?

Comments

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Yeah I basically just came here to find out if there was any sign it hasn't been canceled. Nice to see the tweet.
  • SeraphSeraph Member Posts: 38
    Or further to what Luke93 said, make a sign up section for either the v2.x or SoD release in these forums to notify people via email. That way iOS and android users do not have to keep checking the forums to see if there is anything new. It also means that the devs don't need to deal with other companies at all.

Hopefully @Dee may be able to help or have some ideas about this.
    Grumwho_is_daniel
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    Subscribed
  • Cage50Cage50 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 18
    Just don't hold your breath for any kind of news coming from there. I subscribed about a week before the March 31 release and haven't heard a single thing in the months since.
  • chemdenchemden Member Posts: 6
    So any word on the ipad release of BG ee or SoD. Just trying to keep the forum topic alive. Playing through some new characters to get ready. Hope that the save and portrait folders are saved outside of ios10 sandbox so as to accessible to ifunbox or other importing options.
    Grum
    I am so, so, so tired of waiting. If I start on PC, will the save be compatible if I move it over to iOS after the game update?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    PugPug said:

I am so, so, so tired of waiting. If I start on PC, will the save be compatible if I move it over to iOS after the game update?

It should work fine if the versions are both 2.x.
    Very worth waiting for though. Sooo much more convenient playing it on the iPad Pro. ;) Well back to my characters.
    _Luke_
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    For crying out loud. All I want is version 2.x so I can at least play a Shaman through BG1 and get it ready for the release of SoD. Assuming, of course, that the game is even compatible with the phones of 2020...
    PugPugAjh
    The clock keeps ticking and the fans keep waiting. Don't forget that the save folder and portraits folder need to be accessible outside of the sandbox. Should be possible in the same way podcasts and videos can be accessed outside the sandbox. Perhaps this issue is contributing to the delay. Waiting with anticipation.
    Grum
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Just a post to say i am also waiting. dont forget thepoor iPad players! :-)
    GrumDaemondevirlolien
    And the waiting continues..... I suspect you are having trouble with apple's sandboxing of apps. Still waiting with anticipation. Didn't make it for Halloween maybe you will make it for Christlmas. ;)
    The sandboxing cannot possibly be the delay. Either there is a way to do it or there isn't.

Isn't it already done, anyway? This is just an update to what we already have. You can already import saves with ifunbox or iexplorer. I had to download an update for iexplorer for iOS 10, but it works for other games. I haven't tried it on BGEE, but people have said in the past that it works.
    My understanding is that after iOS 9 sandboxing broke the functionality of ifunbox. I confirmed this when I tried to access the portraits folder using the app. Prior to iOS 9 it worked.
    mashedtaters
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Good news: Beamdog has a new tablet wizard

Bad news: 10.1 on iPad might break things.
    PugPug

JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited November 2016
    In regards to a question on Dragonspear on iOS and BG1/2 updates:
    JuliusBorisovGrum
    Well it is the new year. Happy New Year to all!!! Just letting beamdog know the fans are still waiting for the iPad version 2 of BG and BG2 and of course DragonSpear. Any timeline yet??? Perhaps I should change my avatar name to The Patient One....
    GallowglassGrumlolien
    edited January 2017
    It sounds like they are putting it off until they finish whatever other game they are working on, at which point I'm not so sure they'll actually come back and do the this. Even if they do, it could be a year or two. It might be smart to just think of it as canceled.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No, it's not cancelled. The focus is indeed now on another project, but Beamdog will return to patching the EEs, with tablet versions and SoD on tablets on the list.

_Luke_
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2017
    @PugPug @JuliusBorisov
    Despite the difficulties the developers have encountered, I am very pleased that Beamdog is still interested in making games for iOS/Android: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62738/beta-testers-needed-for-the-next-release
  • LooxLoox Member Posts: 18
    Thanks!!! \0.0/

Dev said he's still planning on SoD on Tablets. They just need to "finish up the 64 bit patches"

Does anyone know what that means in English. And how long could take. I'm dying!!!

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Just think of all the phone versions of the game as no longer supported. Then move on.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2017
    Wesboi said:

Just think of all the phone versions of the game as no longer supported. Then move on.

Please, stop talking nonsense!!
    @Loox : https://mobile.twitter.com/TrentOster/status/820052748934742017
    We just need to be patient; I know it is annoying, but........
    Grum
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Not exactly nonsense if the other platforms of the game is updated yet android/ios left behind for going on 2 years now.

But carry on being the white Knight and acting like it's acceptable to start work on a new project and abandon the thousands of people who bought the game on mobile devices, I'm not even asking for SoD on tablets just for the lazy gits to update the sodding game.

The amount of bugs in bg2ee and IWee on mobiles is beyond a joke.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Wesboi said:

Not exactly nonsense if the other platforms of the game is updated yet android/ios left behind for going on 2 years now.

But carry on being the white Knight and acting like it's acceptable to start work on a new project and abandon the thousands of people who bought the game on mobile devices, I'm not even asking for SoD on tablets just for the lazy gits to update the sodding game.

The amount of bugs in bg2ee and IWee on mobiles is beyond a joke.

Oooookay. Start writing large, complex, multi-platform software with commercial applications in a highly competitive market, and doing so as part of a small company/organization. Come back in two years having aged decade, and then talk.

Seriously. I worked on 911 software during Y2K and I wrote and supported pharma/medical databases used by EMTs and emergency room surgeries, among other things. Beamdog is working against restrictions not of their making (restrictions from Steam, Apple, Google/Android, etc) and they don't have unlimited resources. And they are working on another game to generate revenue so they can do other things, like the iOS/Android updates.

GreenWarlockGrum
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Gallowglassprocco