Skip to content

The Baldur's Gate Wiki - contribute if you have time

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Sam_ Awesome, thanks!
    lolienJuliusBorisovTroodon80
    Alright! I finished up putting together a set of articles for all the different cinematic cutscenes, please check it out :D
    lolienJuliusBorisovTroodon80
    Holy shite, I can't believe the wiki doesn't feature an article on the BG3: The Black Hound o_O
    Okay guys, what ever information you have on that, please throw it here so that I can fix that.
    Troodon80
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405

@islandking It already helps to fix mistakes when they are spotted :)

Speaking of which, I just found this gem:

Figured I'd save it before I fix it >.>

he probably meant DragonLance

Get the joke? alright i'm out...
    lolienButtercheeseJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Good job!

Next I am gonna go through the different companion pages and update/ rearrange them step by step.
    This is gonna take a while :|

You can use @elminster 's NPC guides for that:

for BGEE
    for BG2EE
    ButtercheeselolienCrevsDaak
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    I bet digging through the Did You Know thread could reveal interesting stuff to add to Trivia.
    CrevsDaakwintersJuliusBorisov
  • ErstarrungErstarrung Member Posts: 51

Boom, another one done: Baldur's Gate (comic)

This is great work, as I only new about the (awful) novels, but not about the comic.

Although there is one mistake in your summary (as you put that much work in it, I wouldn't dare just changing it): In the summary, it is stated: "Ajantis calls her [Shar-Teel] out on being Eldoth's former partner which she confirms." - Actually, she denies it.
    The in-comic conversation goes:
    Ajantis: Shar-Teel! He [Eldoth] was about to say you... It [the former partner] was you!
    Shar-Teel: Watch your tongue, Paladin! You're talking nonsense!

Shar-Teel then gives Ajantis one sack of the dowry, but she is NOT blaming Ajantis for all that happened. She is blaming him for killing the group, though, because after his (wrong) accusations that she was the former partner of Eldoth, she says: "Believe what you will, but I'll not suffer this! Here! This was down the tunnel! Take the blasted coins and go! I want no part of you! Your righteousness did what Eldoth couldn't. Our group is truly dead!"
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This shows the importance of the correct wiki.
    Troodon80lolienCrevsDaak
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    While i try to learn how to find the effects in Near Infinity, and decide if i should merge the BG1 and BG2 list, i browsed trough the wiki at random, and made some edit:
    -created some missing articles for rings and weapons
    -added North Forest area
    -uploaded some pictures
    -made some other minor edits.

And i can collect badges there too! :D
    JuliusBorisovwintersCrevsDaakSertorius
  • WaterRabbitWaterRabbit Member Posts: 11
    I was regularly adding to the the Wiki, but then the douche bag Sysop Eric the Mad destroyed an enormous amount of work I added without and real apparent reason - so I refuse to spend any more time working on it since. I just maintain my own files and go for there. The best thing that could happen to the Wiki is that Eric permanently leave as I know several other people that he has driven away with his random deletions.

He runs the wiki as his personal fife.
    @WaterRabbit While it's sad to hear, you must remember that this site rules' don't permit flaming and insults to individuals.

If there's a problem with someone deleting content on the wiki, then this has to be addressed. Suggest possible ways of handling this situation, and the community will help. But please, don't go personal in your comments.
    lolienCrevsDaaksemiticgoddess
    I'm not knowledgeable about such things but would it be possible to document all stat checks on the wiki? Like I know that if you have 18 Charisma then you get a +1 dagger during the Errand for Fuller quest.

I think SoD has some charisma checks in dialogue as well but I don't know how to go about testing this =/
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @Vallmyr
    Just about all BG1 "Charisma" checks are actually Reaction checks, which are a combination of your Reputation and Charisma. In SoD, stat checks are made instead of Reaction checks.

The easiest way to find all of these is to open NearInfinity and run a Text Search in .DLG files (with "include trigger and action scripts" marked) for "ReactionGT" and "ReactionLT", plus "CheckStatGT" and "CheckStatLT" to find all of the Reaction and stat checks in dialogue. Documenting all of them would be a huge undertaking, just from taking a quick look.
    ThacoBelllolien
    Oh? I thought there were very few in number. Interesting.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Well, not all of them give a reward for higher or lower stats/Reaction like Fuller. Usually it just makes an NPC greet you differently, so documenting the ones that are actually beneficial in some way will be much more manageable.

I have this tendency to miss the forest for the trees until I think about something harder.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited February 2017
    Flashburn said:

Documenting all of them would be a huge undertaking, just from taking a quick look.

Let me know if you need/want help with grep or a Perl script.

CrevsDaaklolien
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    @WaterRabbit Never happened to me, I don't even know Eric before :-)
    Anyways vanilla staff is being constantly added/updated, but there's few SoD content on BGwikia yet, so any contributions would be appreciated, especially a walk-through.
    Don't know if the Gamebanshee SoD guide can be borrowed, will list its source and credit of course...

Don't know if the Gamebanshee SoD guide can be borrowed, will list its source and credit of course...

Better to send Gamebanshee an inquiry first. It’s owned and administered by Jon "Buck" Birnbaum. So the way to contact them is to mail to jon@gamebanshee.com.
    Yeah @JuliusBorisov, I was looking for ways to contact GameBanshee just then but their site was unavailable at that time, thanks for the contact info, inquiry already sent :-)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Nope, it didn't go well, Jon "Buck" Birnbaum says the GamesBanshee site needs the exclusive contents like these to stay alive.
    JuliusBorisov
    So, willing native English writers please. some small contents parts like SoD companion quests, etc, my language level might do, see some of the companion pages and tell me how you feel about them, http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Khalid#Baldur.27s_Gate:_Siege_of_Dragonspear
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Dynaheir#Baldur.27s_Gate:_Siege_of_Dragonspear
    but for a large & detailed walkthrough? my humble "english" just won't work.
    lolienJCDenton
    Alright, Jaheira's quotes are voiced now, check to see how you like it, please tell me if I mess up the line order, it was so many of them...
    And as I said in comment of that page, I'd like to say here again: Thanks you @kjeron and @badungu for telling me how to find her in-game bio in SoD, much appreciated.
    Right now the infobox item template is down in visual mode and wikia staff are investigating the issue, so anyone planing to use that template please use the source instead.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    @Flashburn
    That's awesome! I've always wanted to see a complete spell guide like that in wikia, would you check
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/oogi/mage_1.htm
    as well, see how else you could add to your guide?
    Another thing is where to put the guide? Because..1. There're already four spell lists. 2. You may want to put your guide to a place where more people can see. Maybe you should leave a message to 23dutch45man, talk with him about your guide.
    lolienJuliusBorisov