Skip to content

I don't know how to start using WeiDu

OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
I've been modding for a while now but I only recently downloaded WeiDU and I can't get it to work. When I click on it, it takes me to a screen where it lists various commands and says "Press ENTER for more options." So I press enter a few times; it goes through various commands and eventually it says, "enter arguments:" Now, no matter what I type in here, when I press enter it just exits from WeiDU. I've tried typing in commands from the list but they don't do anything. I don't know what to do to get started with WeiDU.

Comments

• yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
    WeiDU is a tool that runs mod installation scripts, so instead of dropping files into override folder manually, WeiDU will do it for you with bunch of other benefits.

Just open any .tp2 file and you'll see the mod installation instructions.
    You can download my Mod TougherEnemies Tweak 1.0 and analyze my .tp2 file.
    You'll see that using WeiDU, i was able to edit all creature files in the game.

Here you can find WeiDU Documentation.

Good luck!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I know what WeiDU does and I've already read the WeiDU readme several times. That's not the problem. The problem is that I don't know how to get WeiDU to do anything.

I understand that WeiDu is supposed to read those files and mod the game based on them; I just don't know how to make WeiDu do that with a file. When I open WeiDu and I type in something and press enter, it just exits.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Did you make a copy and change its name to Setup-(name of mod folder).exe?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    So I get that I need to have a TP2 file in a mod folder, okay. Then what? How do I make WeiDU do its thing with the file? When I downloaded WeiDU it came with some examples of TP2 files, but they're just text. I don't know how to make WeiDU mod the game based on them.
  • yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2016
    I'll expand on @Artemius_I post.
    1. create your mod installation script aka TougherEnemies.tp2.
    2. place that script inside a folder, folder name should be the same as your .tp2 file name.
    3. place that folder in your main BG game folder, where you can find Baldur.exe.
    4. Copy WeiDU.exe into main BG game folder, and change it's name to Setup-(name of mod folder).exe, in our example it will be Setup-TougherEnemies.exe.
    5. Run Setup-(name of mod folder).exe
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I got it.

The problem was that if you don't have WeiDU named "setup-whatever," it displays the default screen that doesn't do anything. That was what I was looking at.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    yowave said:

I'll expand on @Artemius_I post.
    1. create your mod installation script aka TougherEnemies.tp2.
    2. place that script inside a folder, folder name should be the same as your .tp2 file name.
    3. place that folder in your main BG game folder, where you can find Baldur.exe.
    4. Copy WeiDU.exe into main BG game folder, and change it's name to Setup-(name of mod folder).exe, in our example it will be Setup-TougherEnemies.exe.
    5. Run Setup-(name of mod folder).exe

A thousand thanks for great instruction!