Skip to content

Is Blackguard overpowered ?

13»

Comments

• VixentVixent Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    I completed ICWEE in the heart of fury mode, having a Blackguard in the group.
    At the end of the game, the Blackguard was the weakest character, but at the same time it helped me a lot, especially at the beginning. It was the only character with a shield so I used it as a tank. The ability Aura of despair is very useful against large groups of enemies. My group consisted of a bard, three two-weapon fighters (to be brief), an archer, and the Blackguard, then Aura of despair was very precious because it made all the enemies more vulnerable to attacks of my group. Also the other skills are very useful.

Finally, I think the Blackguard is a very good kit, but it must be in the right group, as all kits. If you don't make the most of Aura of despair, you'd better choice another kit. I think it's the better ability of the Blackguard.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I found it one of the better kits but not OP...maybe in BG but by BG2 its one of the better but well-balanced and by TOB alot of the advantages of the kit become null so would say avg.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Pillars still had one broken class. Even after the attempted nerf, Ciphers are ridiculous. Almost to the level of bards or mages in BG2.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I only played PoE after that nerf was implemented, and my PC was one...didn't find them too broken/overpowered? idk wasn't even aware that was an issue, honestly I find fighters to be pretty great at soaking up damage and dishing it out to the extent none of the other classes seemed to be good at. I had a few reload situations where I only had to reload because everyone except Edér was dead lmao, so fighters in that game have always seemed to me to be a bit over the power level compared to other classes at that same level.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That level 2 paralyze ability works on 99% of enemies through the whole game. Imagine if the sleep spell worked on most things in Throne of Bhaal.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Gaze of the Adragan is a death sentence to anything it hits, Insect Plague makes the BG2 version look like it tickles, and there are Priest buffs that can send your Accuracy and Deflection into the stratosphere. Not to mention it's not too hard for a high-level Rogue to do 150+ damage in one hit with sneak attack and Deathblows. Anyone who thinks Pillars lacks game breakers the way older games did hasn't played long enough.