Skip to content

Did something to the Long Sword of Action +4

gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
We all know how OP this weapon is, and there is hot-debate in the past about how OP it become when you can Dual-wield them...

Did some adjustment, change weapon icon. Give the ability to haste so you cannot stack with other haste nor Boot of speed. (Using Opcode 101: protection from Opcode [16], aka haste)

Not usable on F/M or Kensage. Fixed the speed factor that should come with +4 long sword (Seriously I realised how lazy the developers were without adjusting the speed factor accordingly to the item enchantment level)

Sometime I wonder why are ppl saying IWD are more fun than BG? BG has alot more consistency tbh, anyway, that is topic for another day.
Post edited by gattberserk on

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited February 2017
    Making it haste you is pretty cool.

Though it's a bit weird to only prevent a specific multiclass from wielding it. Maybe you could make it so that only a single-class warrior can wield it. There are other items in Icewind Dale that are limited to single-class characters, so it'll fit in.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2017

I just have it *set* base APR to 2 instead of incrementing APR by 1. That way the effect doesn't stack if you have two.

Making it set to base APR might have conflict with items that gives APR. I did it and i always have to EQ and un-EQ the gear that gives APR and is very annoying.

Also drinking oil of speed or cast speed will further gives +1 APR which also is abit too powerful.

This swords basicallly negates the effect of HASTE and IMPROVED HASTE, so there is a trade off.

What I did to solve this problem once and for all, is to use OPCODE 180: Cant use item.
    edited February 2017
    The spectral guards at the Castle mauled me to death with haste. I was wondering what the hell was going on.

Until I search though their CRE files and found that each of them wield a Long Sword of Action +4. That explains everything. That is too much for my party to handle and they come in swarm. I thought they are worth 15K each lol.

I remove the haste from their LSoA+4.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited February 2017

The spectral guards at the Castle mauled me to death with haste. I was wondering what the hell was going on.

Until I search though their CRE files and found that each of them wield a Long Sword of Action +4. That explains everything. That is too much for my party to handle and they come in swarm. I thought they are worth 15K each lol.

That's why it is almost impossible to finish the game if you start directly from Heart or Winter (with 500000 XP and no items .......)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Luke93 said:

That's why it is almost impossible to finish the game if you start directly from Heart or Winter (with 500000 XP and no items .......)

What I did was to import my party from SOD (after killing Belhifet) and continue to HoW. ITs pretty doable, and the starting XP was 600K (I hit that amount after completing SOD without XP cap).

What I did to solve this problem once and for all, is to use OPCODE 180: Cant use item.

Oh... that's genius. Make the item stop you from equipping itself, but the effect doesn't kick in until after it's already equipped... good thinking.
    Basically it doesnt not stack, or doesnt allow an item specified to be equipped together with the subject items

I block both the sword and the morning star of action +4 as well. I went to do the same for the morning star so you dont create a bug where u can equipped both after equipping them in certain orientation (This is the same bug that allows mage to wear 2x ring of wizardry in SOD even though it is supposed to be disallowed)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

I remove the haste from their LSoA+4.

Even after completing both IWD and HoW these guys are pretty tough. What helped me a lot was the protection from magic weapons+fireshields combo from my sorcerer.
    I think they are the toughest encounter in TOTL expansion.

I feel they have too much PDR which sort of go against the rule of AD&D
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's acceptable because the castle is an insular locale and the luremaster and the abominable spectral beings can't affect the outside world