Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Spike helped the widow in the ankheg area, then Tenya becoming level 2 in the process. He then killed the thieving gnolls that had stolen perdue's sword and a wolf that was bothering Mellicamp. He tried to help Mellicamp but failed, but succeeded in helping Firebead after calming down Marl. This took him to level 3. His initial proficiencies were: ** spiked weapons and ** double wielding. Now * in longbows as well.
    Serg_BlackStriderArctodusJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    I've been a bit under the weather so Whitworth has been shopping and kicking his heels a little, tackling the Guarded Conpound and other minor quests whilst ignoring any of the more dangerous mod content. I'm a little indecisive as to whether we'll dare on to ToB in the near future if we dispose of Irenicus so the risk vs reward factor is becoming a little hard to calculate as well (I've never liked ToB anyway...and I'll be happy enough getting a BG2 run under my belt!)

A request for advice though, I'm just installing IWD EE, never having played the game and knowing little about it, with the intention of doing a no-reload run with some of the IWD NPC guys & gals switched to powerful classes like the Skald & Archer (and incorporating it into EET for my next BG run!) Anyone care to give some low spoiler advice of points which might trip up a no-reload game in an 'unfair' fashion? An example from BG might be the Spellhold trap that kills you if you try to disarm it, or trying to confront Irenicus without the crazies.

CrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Spike the Righteous killed Karlat, helped Eltoth get back into shape, and headed southwards killing ogrillons and ending up in Nashkel where he: turned down a reward that was owed to Greywolf; and talked to Noober. He then reunited Rufie with his owner, and helped a dryad. He is now a fully fledged hero. :)
    Now time for RL.
    JuliusBorisovArctodusStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Neverused said:

Are you going to be running solo, or as part of a team?

Solo - at least all the way to SoD. Since it will my first encounter with the expansion, I'm considering to pick someone up along the road after (and if) Sarevok's defeated.

B.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Like the idea @Ygramul, would be seeing a tad too many monks for my liking though.
    YgramulCrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    I remember that on the old game Majesty as heroes died they tended to automatically generate graveyards... though perhaps in this case a thriving business selling on statues might be more appropriate: "Startled monk is all the rage this season in Calimshan!".
    YgramulCrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Mantis37 said:

I remember that on the old game Majesty as heroes died they tended to automatically generate graveyards... though perhaps in this case a thriving business selling on statues might be more appropriate: "Startled monk is all the rage this season in Calimshan!".

They left Gravestones, and if a certain amount of them died, and you had a certain amount of population you would get a Graveyard (which spawns Skeletons, like the Sewers spawn Rats and other related creatures).

I need to get Majesty to run on my computer and play this game again. I love it *so* much.
    Ygramul said:

I think NETHACK gives you *some* of the dead as encounters, not all.

I'm not sure but I think it's all of them, although which one or when/where is randomly chosen, and they only appear once, but the chances of finding one of them is very low, specially because only characters that got past X level or X-thingie get selected for this, besides, it's in the level that character died (I'm 90% sure about the level in which they die is the same they'll spawn).
    YgramulJuliusBorisov
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    By pacific, I mean the large pond to my west between the US and Asia
    Err. I mean that Allegro himself is forbidden to take any kills, else the run is considered a failure. His party members are very much allowed though; the reasoning for this was to test the strengths of the Rogue Rebalancing Skald. I still have to do the math at some point, but I think having a Skald and a party of 5 does slightly more damage and has more utility than adding another Archer or something would.
    ArctodusCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien