Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Perhaps Thalantyr can upgrade an item into a helmet of charm protection? I like the Thalantyr item upgrade mod, and think it would fit in nicely.

That souns great! I'll add it right away! Dunno if I'll drop it into the Thalamtyr Item Upgrade mod (I could but I think it's better as a standalone mod).
    Wise_GrimwaldMantis37StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited February 2017
    CrevsDaak said:

Perhaps Thalantyr can upgrade an item into a helmet of charm protection? I like the Thalantyr item upgrade mod, and think it would fit in nicely.

That souns great! I'll add it right away! Dunno if I'll drop it into the Thalamtyr Item Upgrade mod (I could but I think it's better as a standalone mod).
    Even better would be an ioun stone of charm protection, then thieves could use it too.
    To make it, he needs a Lynx eye gem, a scoll of charm protection and 500 gold pieces or similar. A Lynx eye gem is found at Winthrop's and there are plenty around if you have item randomiser installed.

Alternatively he could add charm protection to one of the ioun stones that he sells.
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Or make it into a charm of charm protection... too obvius perhaps?

A possible solution is adding the effect to the cloak of Algernon
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    You only get a single lot of fists, though you can have fists with the main hand and then add a weapon in the off hand.
    Wise_GrimwaldsemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Best of luck @Grond0 - Are you allowing heal/antidote potions, or is that not allowed your character either? Could we get a screenie of your character sheet?
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

How on earth can a good character kill Imoen?

That's chaos for you :D.

StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
    edited March 2017
    Of all melee classes, I think the berserker is the strongest (for solo play). He is far less dependent on potion/scroll buffs than other melee classes, and has no heavy armor restrictions unlike the Kensai. So makes sense progress would be easy. Assuming you play carefully Grond0 (I know BIG assumption...), wouldn't expect you to have any significant issues until ToB.
    Grond0JuliusBorisovWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Grond0 said:

No pause + no-reload = no chance?

Reminds about @Gotural :smiley:
    CrevsDaakGotural
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

Of all melee classes, I think the berserker is the strongest (for solo play). He is far less dependent on potion/scroll buffs than other melee classes, and has no heavy armor restrictions unlike the Kensai. So makes sense progress would be easy. Assuming you play carefully Grond0 (I know BIG assumption...), wouldn't expect you to have any significant issues until ToB.

I'd probably vote barbarian (considering by "melee classes" you don't include any kind of spellcasting ability).
    Simply because that Rage fatigue berserker suffers from can be a game-ending problem in longer battles.
    Then again, if one can solo a kensai, berserker should be fairly adequate as well....
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehr
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Aasim said:

I'd probably vote barbarian (considering by "melee classes" you don't include any kind of spellcasting ability).
    Simply because that Rage fatigue berserker suffers from can be a game-ending problem in longer battles.
    Then again, if one can solo a kensai, berserker should be fairly adequate as well....
    Also, being able to get 23 STR (considering you're a Half-Orc) since level one helps a lot to open locks, besides once you get DUHM you can get 25 STR with two daily-use abilities.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwaldsemiticgoddesslolien
    Aasim said:

For longer battles you don't rely on enrage, you use these things called potions and scrolls...granted the barabarian speed can be useful in many situations, but sometimes you can't run, and in those cases, the berserker full plate is superior.

From a practical point of view, they might be equally strong.

However, if a player did 10 solo berserker runs, and then 10 solo barbarian runs, I think you would see the berserker runs did better. That's my estimate, anyways.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaaklolien

Aasim said:

For longer battles you don't rely on enrage, you use these things called potions and scrolls...granted the barabarian speed can be useful in many situations, but sometimes you can't run, and in those cases, the berserker full plate is superior.

From a practical point of view, they might be equally strong.

However, if a player did 10 solo berserker runs, and then 10 solo barbarian runs, I think you would see the berserker runs did better. That's my estimate, anyways.
    I agree. But I think that Aasims asumption was that potions was a no go - his post was a remark to Grond0's. If so you're both right as I see it.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaaklolien
    Grond0 usually allows green scrolls in his runs. So in the longer battles, those could be used.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
    edited March 2017
    So he could. But potions can be very usefull as pointed out. I just thought that your discussion basicly wasn't rooted in the same assumptions.

But enough splitting of hair. Gather your parties and venture forth.. I look forward to more tales of new beginnings and untimely deaths
    CrevsDaakWise_Grimwaldlolien
    edited March 2017
    No I dont want deaths galore. I want you all to succed and world peace. Until then reading about the exploits (and many many deaths of the no reloaders) is a good way to pass time.

Your wild mage runs are great. I hope that a cow surge will play a part... either game ending or game winning. Beating Mel with a cow in a no reload would be epic. Best of luck - I am afraid youre gonna need it
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    CrevsDaakGrond0JuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald