Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 13,355
    I'm in the middle of a BG1 run and the endgame is approaching. Since it's a minimal-reload game, does anyone here have any advice for the doppelganger fight in the palace?

I understand that the game is over if Belt dies, and I'm not sure how to prevent that. Based on my foggy memory of previous posts on the matter, I'm guessing I could have my cleric or druid drink a Potion of Freedom and have one of them cast Free Action on Belt while my mages cast Web spells. Would casting Invisibility on Belt be any help at all?

JuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,317
    edited February 2017
    Björn and party were able to finish the SoD Prologue with no problems whatsoever. :) He is still missing Khalid in the party. I don't know whether he can join up with Björn later. I hope so. Safana has been flirting with Björn. :)

EDIT

I have come to realise that my party composition was not optimal. It would have been better to have had a pure cleric in the party, firstly because although Khalid is a Cleric/Ranger in my set-up, he isn't with the party yet and might not be available anyway. Also a pure cleric would have those all-important spells like resurrection and true sight. Gavin or Viconia would have been better choices. In my possession are 3 amulets that change a character to true neutral, so having Viconia in the party would have been OK from a role playing viewpoint, and also as someone with the dialogue to make life interesting whilst Gavin would have been the more natural choice.

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Mantis37CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 5,225
    edited February 2017
    Neverused said:

While casting Invisibility on Belt doesn't help, casting on Liia if you can get in range of her helps; she doesn't attack, at least with the A.I. my game doesn't.

In current BGEE Liia does attack, so invisibility on her is a waste.

CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    First one to organize the many methods of saving the dukes of Baldur's Gate in the form of the related Paul Simon song, gets a limited edition Ring of Prismatic Sphere:

CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    "....
    Just summon a mate, Pate
    Shoot to dispel, Kel
    Use malison, Alison
    While web can make you free ...."

Heh heh. Love it, @Grond0
    Thank you!

(Newb question: I always thought web makes neutral NPCs hostile and never tried it in the middle of a crowd. Can you safely use it in the Palace fight?)

Meanwhile, here is the promised reward (more to come for other contributors):

*** Ring of Limited Prismatic Sphere ***
    Every round in combat. a random enemy within 20' of the wearer must save vs spells or be randomly subjected to the effect of the Prismatic Sphere spell (i.e., teleported, poisoned, etc.).

(Rumors talk of a more powerful version of this ring, if it is combined with a Gem of Seeing corrupted with a tanar'ri heart.)

CrevsDaakGrond0JuliusBorisovMantis37
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,317
    Grond0 said:

Ygramul said:

(Newb question: I always thought web makes neutral NPCs hostile and never tried it in the middle of a crowd. Can you safely use it in the Palace fight?)

Web doesn't turn neutral stacks hostile - that makes it a nice option to use on potential enemies (only attacking them once they're held). It's safe to use in the palace, although it may cause a glitch if you cast it before the dopplegangers transform.
    Sleep can also cause a glitch if it is cast too soon.

StummvonBordwehr

Sleep can also cause a glitch if it is cast too soon.

Is Sleep even affective on anyone in the throne room?

CrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 694
    In EE, don't think so as far as the dopplegangers go.

Ygramul
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 5,225
    Mantis37 said:

The only hitch here was a Demon Knight using Power Word Kill on Whitworth, but his saves are now 1s or less so this probably wasn't as blood freezing a moment as it seemed.

Do you have a mod affecting that spell? If not, then there is no save to it - if the target has less than 60 current HPs they die, otherwise there's no effect.

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 952
    Sorry, Spell Revisions has it so 60-100hp requires an unmodified save.

CrevsDaaksemiticgodJuliusBorisov