Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Patty actually sounds like he's on par with a Core Story Only run right now.
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2017

Purists will cringe at what I'm going to write but I allowed a reload when Baeloth's succesful Dire Charm of the Flaming Fist Enforcer caused Vicky to turn hostile. This made no sense to me:
    Baeloth: "I'll charm the rivvil so I can make him waste his Hold Person, oh, and we can also lure him toward the Hobgoblins over there."
    Vicky: "Do that and I'll have your head on a pike."

The tragicomic events of the Sword Coast....

I remember having my share of similar ridiculous situations with charm, with most recent being the case of having the entire FAI turned hostile because of charmed Tarnesh.

Anyway, great to see you back in action. Safe travels to Teyl and his evil crew!

B.
    Post edited by Borco on
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Wow, sorry about that @Borco, the Ducal Palace battle is so a tricky. As for your poll, I really have no clue what happened. Liia looks to be in bad shape there, but what about Belt? Ok one guess: Belt killed Liia, and the Flaming Fist Enforcers chunked Belt?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,313
    I agree with Blackraven that chaos is the likely suspect. If the dukes are confused that could have ended with a flamestrike for Kazi ...

In relation to your dire charm experience @Blackraven are you sure that the flaming fist didn't get charmed just as he launched an attack on Viconia (which would then quite reasonably turn her hostile)? That's a common hazard with charm, which is why I always disable domination if using nymphs at the palace.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    @Borco Hard Luck. :(
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Grond0 said:

In relation to your dire charm experience @Blackraven are you sure that the flaming fist didn't get charmed just as he launched an attack on Viconia (which would then quite reasonably turn her hostile)? That's a common hazard with charm, which is why I always disable domination if using nymphs at the palace.

Agreed, but Baeloth and Teyl had lured the Flaming Fist officer away from Viconia, afraid that he might slay her before she could be recruited. See attachment.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    edited March 2017
    Glad to see everyone keeping busy :). I have left Whitworth in the Pocketplane for now, while trying out Icewind Dale with Kulyok's NPCs. Have no-reloaded our way to the Vale of Shadows so far, not quite decided how much I like the game yet! A few near-misses already though...
    @CrevsDaak Due to your post above, I have just downloaded Faiths_and_Powers. It looks interesting. :) Being a purist in some respects, not all, I'm not keen on Clerics being able to use swords, axes etc. but since I don't have to use them, that's fine. Being in the middle of a game, I won't install it yet. I need a fresh installation anyway due to bugs.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    @Grond0 - that the skeletal warriors aren't fazed by the protection from undead in the maze is a vanilla bug (presumably a creature type mistake, such as Tonova not being flagged as undead in vanilla BG 2). Probably fixed by Fixpack. Don't know if EE fixes this vanilla bug.
    @Grond0 Congrats
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,313
    @Corey_Russell I think the skeleton warriors was a multi-player problem - it's not that unusual to have the client able to do things they shouldn't (or not able to do things they should). We've used PfU against those skeleton warriors plenty of times in the past without problems.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Grond0 said:

@Corey_Russell I think the skeleton warriors was a multi-player problem - it's not that unusual to have the client able to do things they shouldn't (or not able to do things they should). We've used PfU against those skeleton warriors plenty of times in the past without problems.

I see. Well in vanilla (e.g., TRUE vanilla, no BG 2 engine but BG 1 engine) with no mods (just official patch) PfU doesn't work (I've tried) for the skeletal warriors in the maze or the skeletal warriors in the UnderCity. But if you are saying your install usually works, then your theory is probably on target.