Skip to content

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere bug

So, I've made a dual class - Bounty Hunter 11/ Fighter character.
Everything went fine till I reached 3kk XP and suddenly my traps started erecting Otiluke's Resilient Spheres...

Does anyone know hot to get rid of this bug? :'(

Comments

• iNtuiNtu Member Posts: 37
    nvm, found the way around it, but it makes me sad :(
    opened EE keeper and set bounty hunter level to 7 :'( the rest kinda stayed the same, deals dmg and holds monsters like it should do at 11th level B)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its not a bug, the Bounty Hunter eventually gets Otiluke's Resilient Sphere as its special trap. I believe you eventually get maze as well.
    How is it not a bug? DUAL CLASS !!! Bounty Hunter stays at 11, nothing should change
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oops, didn't read that carefully enough. It could be because even if you don't advance in that class anymore, your charname is still flagged as a bounty hunter, and the special traps are tied to experience earned.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if im not mistaken, you get 2 sets of traps, with your bounty hunter, your normal thief traps, and your special traps, and your special traps are made for "holding enemies in place" sort of thing, so its not a bug at all if your special traps are doing what they are supposed to be doing, if you really didn't want the special traps, then perhaps being a bounty hunter wasn't the class to be?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    sarevok57 said:

if im not mistaken, you get 2 sets of traps, with your bounty hunter, your normal thief traps, and your special traps, and your special traps are made for "holding enemies in place" sort of thing, so its not a bug at all if your special traps are doing what they are supposed to be doing, if you really didn't want the special traps, then perhaps being a bounty hunter wasn't the class to be?

To clarify once more, the question is not why the OP is getting special traps (because they are a BH, obviously), but why they keep improving with levels EVEN THOUGH IT'S A DUAL CLASS AND THE BOUNTY HUNTER IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ADVANCING ANY LONGER.
    iNtusarevok57CrevsDaak

To clarify once more, the question is not why the OP is getting special traps (because they are a BH, obviously), but why they keep improving with levels EVEN THOUGH IT'S A DUAL CLASS AND THE BOUNTY HUNTER IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ADVANCING ANY LONGER.

Yep, that's what I was complaining about.

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Afaik innate abilities can't differentiate between your classes unlike wizard or priest spells so they calculate an average between your levels. Probably not an exact average either and it seems to be computed differently for dual and multi classes.

Someone more knowledgeable might be needed here.
    AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovThacoBellCrevsDaak