Skip to content

Does the NPC mod work with SOD when starting new BG level 1 game?

I really like the skins of the UI used in SOD and would like to play BG from level 1 with this SOD skin.

I have Beamdog copies installed of BGEE and BGSOD.

My BGEE is modded with the NPC banter mod and I really love it. Does this mod work with SOD as well?

Comments

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    No mod content there but its not needed like in BG1 which had practically no banter.
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179

No mod content there but its not needed like in BG1 which had practically no banter.

Yeah, I don't want to add extra banter to SOD, I want to play the Beamdog version of SOD's BG 1 from level 1 where it uses the SOD UI but with the NPC banter mod for BG 1 chapter 1 to end of BG 1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yes, it's completely possible to install mods on BGEE+SOD, including the NPC banter mod. If you use the Beamdog version, no additional tool is needed. If you use Steam or GoG versions, you need to install modmerge first.
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179

Yes, it's completely possible to install mods on BGEE+SOD, including the NPC banter mod. If you use the Beamdog version, no additional tool is needed. If you use Steam or GoG versions, you need to install modmerge first.

Great, excellent thanks